HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2014, 09:01 PM
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
I'm going to start on a build this week. Before I start I have a few questions.

1. I was thinking of building either MK1 or MKII of the EA. Out of the 2 which would be the easiest to fly? I'm not the most experienced flyer, but can handle a range of easy to fly planes, as well as one twitchy combat wing.

2. I was thinking of using a Turnigy - C2830-1050 http://www.flybrushless.com/motor/view/462 with either a 8X4 or 9X5 prop. Is this a suitable setup?

3. I'm thinking of using DTFB for the build as I have a tonne of the stuff in the garage. Would this be suitable? I do have some elmers foamboard too, but that stuff is heavy.

Cheers. C.
Canair is online now Find More Posts by Canair
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2014, 06:34 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canair View Post
I'm going to start on a build this week. Before I start I have a few questions.

1. I was thinking of building either MK1 or MKII of the EA. Out of the 2 which would be the easiest to fly? I'm not the most experienced flyer, but can handle a range of easy to fly planes, as well as one twitchy combat wing.

2. I was thinking of using a Turnigy - C2830-1050 http://www.flybrushless.com/motor/view/462 with either a 8X4 or 9X5 prop. Is this a suitable setup?

3. I'm thinking of using DTFB for the build as I have a tonne of the stuff in the garage. Would this be suitable? I do have some elmers foamboard too, but that stuff is heavy.

Cheers. C.
Hi Canair,
The EA is an easy plane to build and fly. The set up you're thinking about using is fine. I like the 9X5 prop but that is just my preference. Keep your build as light as possible for better performance. Keep us updated on your choice and build. Thanks for considering the EA.
Dalton
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Sep 29, 2014, 06:36 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Hey Buddy,
Did you make it to Eweek? A friend sent me a picture Saturday while he was there.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 08:28 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Hey Buddy,
Did you make it to Eweek? A friend sent me a picture Saturday while he was there.
Yes, I made it there Saturday. I was a tired old dog by the end of the day.
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Sep 30, 2014, 01:08 AM
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Hi Canair,
The EA is an easy plane to build and fly. The set up you're thinking about using is fine. I like the 9X5 prop but that is just my preference. Keep your build as light as possible for better performance. Keep us updated on your choice and build. Thanks for considering the EA.
Dalton
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you posted. Just one more thing. Just to be clear - the wing on the MKI and II is just a flat wing design, correct? It's not a KFM2 airfoil that I'm not seeing?

Cheers, C.
Canair is online now Find More Posts by Canair
Old Sep 30, 2014, 06:38 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canair View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you posted. Just one more thing. Just to be clear - the wing on the MKI and II is just a flat wing design, correct? It's not a KFM2 airfoil that I'm not seeing?

Cheers, C.
That's correct however I have built these with the KFM2 airfoil and really could not tell much if any difference in the flight characteristics. You may have a little more strength in the wing so either way is fine.

Thanks again for building and keep us posted.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 09:36 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,477 Posts
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
Last edited by kid at 55; Oct 12, 2014 at 04:19 PM.