SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2015, 07:29 AM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,547 Posts
Ugg I can't get my NIB 635 to go into Sport Mode, any hints or tricks?
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Plane Storage rack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:28 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,547 Posts
Ok I got it to change! The manual that came with the RX didn't say anything about making sure there was no reversed channels. Once I did this and centered my trims I got it into Sport and set a 0 gain mode to have an off setting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2015, 09:34 PM
Australia, NSW, Baulkham Hills
Joined May 2004
509 Posts
Hi guys,

I have asked around here in specific model threads but haven't found out the definitive answer yet.

I have an AR635 that came in my BNF Carbon Z Cub. I belive as supplied, the AR635 comes with adjusted settings for gain in Sports mode, to 80%, instead of the factory setting of 70% as per manual.

I've been playing around with programming and want to revert back to defaults but I'm not sure if the factory reset sequence as per the manual, returns to Sports mode defaults of 70% gains or the specific 80% gains as programmed with the BNF Carbon Z Cub.

When I follow the reset sequence and I go into programming to manually check, it would appear that some of the gains are "R" (reversed) and not "N" (normal) after following the reset sequence.

This leads me to asking 2 questions here:

1) If the AR635 has been programmed for a specific model as supplied in the BNF configuration, do gains reset to those as per manual for the AR635 or those as supplied for the particular model?
In my case, does factory reset return Sports mode gains to 70% or 80%?

2) In terms of the default gains as per the manual, do I assume these are all set at "Normal" (N) type gains, following a reset, or could some be "Reverse" (R)?

Appreciate any clariciation.

Cheers,

Steve
stevo1957 is online now Find More Posts by stevo1957
Old Feb 08, 2015, 09:49 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,961 Posts
You really need to ask this in the Carbon Z Cub thread. The guys who developed it watch that.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2015, 09:54 PM
Australia, NSW, Baulkham Hills
Joined May 2004
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
However -Some 635, are programmed differently when installed in PNP models!!
Unless Horizon has made changes -- returning a 635 to DEFAULT, will set the 635 AS3X to operate in same manner as it is in the Visionaire.
mmm....didn't see this when I searched before.

Can anyone confirm definitively?

Cheers,

Steve
stevo1957 is online now Find More Posts by stevo1957
Old Feb 09, 2015, 04:35 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,839 Posts
I have this fitted in a v1 Cz yak and I am.experiencing brown outs..the RX was fitted by HH when they sent me the model...I have plenty of voltage in the dx6i and the brown outs last a about 3 seconds....I will not fly it anymore till the issue is solved..
I had it happen on sat and thought I was gonna loose the model I was banking left and then just lost everything ..the motor want.to failsafe and cut ..several seconds passed as I worked the sticks trying to get some response ..then she came alive and I recovered about 10 ft above the deck ...I leveled her off and set her on finals strait away...dropped the throttle ...the motor stopped and I went to dead stick to glide her in ..then power went to full as I was about to touch down ...the stick was still at 0 and throttle cut button did nothing...I pulled her up and the motor.cut again so I put her in the rough to get her on the ground ..a scary few moments...
What could have happened ..the RX light was flashing to confirm lost signal
Jeff
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Feb 09, 2015, 08:22 AM
O'Fallon, Mo.
Joined Apr 2010
606 Posts
This is just a thought, Jiggs, but I'd start by examining all the electrical connections from the battery to the ESC, BEC to Rx.
I had a powered glider that acted that way. Turned out to be a bad crimp in a connector from the ALES modual.
BluIIs is offline Find More Posts by BluIIs
Old Feb 09, 2015, 08:34 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
...snip... What could have happened ..the RX light was flashing to confirm lost signal Jeff
Flashing?!?!?!? Flashing RED led to indicate HOLD which isn't a brownout (power lost) but rather and signal lost and this could be due to poor Rx antenna installation or poor Rf board in transmitter... Did you Range Test Prior to flight ??

DSMX receivers don't indicate BROWNOUT anymore since the nature of the protocol disables this function... Only DSM2 receivers or DSMX operating in DSM2 will flash Orange Led to indicate Brownout (lost of power).

Brownout & lost of signal are two very different things in the sense that they are caused by two different things and require different actions to address....
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 09, 2015, 09:57 AM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,547 Posts
If the that Yak has the eflight 60 AMP ESC cut that on/off switch off. Those have a history of failure causing power supply problems.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2015, 08:27 PM
umpf umpf
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Nov 2008
419 Posts
Can the 635 be used with analog servos? Mainly hitec 225BB.
basser is offline Find More Posts by basser
Old Feb 25, 2015, 08:37 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,547 Posts
Yes
RCG Plus Member