Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined Feb 2007
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haoyang wang View Post
pulsar pro is now made by vladimir's models, the maker of ava?
I think that was a typo/mistake.
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
Thermal Junkie
Joined Sep 2008
3,337 Posts
Is the fuselage (front glass/Kevlar part) 2.4 ghz friendly? I was under the incorrect impression that the front parts were glass/CF requiring external antenna leads. Is it the same scenario for Kevlar or not?
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined May 2010
1,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadchucker View Post
Is the fuselage (front glass/Kevlar part) 2.4 ghz friendly? I was under the incorrect impression that the front parts were glass/CF requiring external antenna leads. Is it the same scenario for Kevlar or not?
No Kevlar is fine. Only CF has problems.
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:30 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
23,928 Posts
My Supra is a kevlar/carbon weave and my Futaba FASST receivers range check just fine from inside the fuse even with the nose cone on, which would be two layers of carbon/kevlar weave.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:51 PM
Thermal Junkie
Joined Sep 2008
3,337 Posts
Thank you Esprit and Mr. Anderson.
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2013, 09:29 AM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,065 Posts
The new Pulsar-e 4 meter is radically different from the plane reviewed here. The chord is much narrower, the center section now has dihedral, the square inches are drastically reduced, and it is a one piece pod. So it should turn better and not be as much of a gas bag. Servos, motor and speed control should be close to the same, though I think a 1506 is overkill, by a lot. An 1112 should be more than enough.

All I'm saying here is that while this is a good review for the older version, it does not reflect the changes made by the manufacturer to the 4M e-Pulsar.

It would be nice to see a new review of the updated model.
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon
Old Apr 12, 2013, 06:01 PM
Joined May 2010
1,598 Posts
You could stop by at SEFF, there will be one. Red Pulsar Pro 4E (All 4m are mine :-)

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
You could stop by at SEFF, there will be one. Red Pulsar Pro 4E (All 4m are mine :-)

Zb/Esprit Model
If there was a NEFF in Boston, I would.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 09:31 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
23,928 Posts
So, someone post a review on the new one .... please!
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Apr 14, 2013, 09:26 AM
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
So, someone post a review on the new one .... please!
At the end of this post (from the E-Pulsar owner's thread) I make my offer:

For those of you considering the 4M e-Pulsar (which should be an awesome plane) please be advised of the following:

There are significant differences between the older version (two piece pod, etc.) and the new one. And there is, as of yet, no review of the new version.

The new Pulsar-e 4 meter is radically different from the plane reviewed on RCG. The chord is much narrower, the center section now has dihedral and is the same one used on the new 3.6 e, the square inches are drastically reduced, and it has a one piece pod. So it should turn better and not be as much of a gas bag. Servos, motor and speed control should be close to the same, though I think a 1506 is overkill, by a lot. A Neu 1112 should be more than enough. I have an 1110 in my 3.6 e-Pulsar and that motor will just about rip the wings off.

I can tell you this...the Pulsar quality has improved quite a bit over the past several years and is now pretty much on a par with the ***.

All I'm saying here is that while the existing 4M review is good for the older version, it does not reflect the changes made by the manufacturer to the 4M e-Pulsar.

It would be nice to see a new review of the updated model - which I would be more than happy to write...if only David would send me one to review.

I think that's more than fair, Ed, don't you?