HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Feb 2011
276 Posts
Hi Ken,
I was thinking that too, that there must be some sort of electronic issue on the control board (or transmitter) of the Qs helicopters.
I know that generally with a frequency / interference issue my helicopter would of been displaying some glitch issues (been erratic to control) while flying, but my 8006 helicopter didn’t have any of those problems. But just like you were saying about your helicopter, my Qs8006 would just automatically turn off (electrically) in mid flight and fall straight to the ground with a hard crash. The strange part about this was that once the helicopter hit the ground, the electrical power on the helicopter could be turned back on by resetting the throttle lever up and down once just like before flying.

I still think though that G.T Model still has an opportunity to fix the problem by changing to a different radio system, but I also think time is running out really fast for keeping repeat buying customers if they don’t fix the problem as quickly as possible.

I also figure too that the more G.T Model hears from other flyers having the same issue, the better the chance that G.T Model will fix the problem so as to keep their customers.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Last edited by Pilot Ray; Apr 07, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2014, 02:11 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
The RC toy frequencies were really not intended for flight, have very limited range and are susceptible to lots of interference, intentionally. If you want reliable communications, you need to step up to 2.4ghz. The 3 channel coax market is pretty dead now. What you see for sale was made 2 - 3 years ago. So, don't expect a lot of product improvements. 4 Channel FP helis and quads are a cheaper and easier to make and offer a lot more performance.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Apr 07, 2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2014, 05:48 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
784 Posts
these extra large Qs8006 heli's can weigh quite a bit, so they can hit the ground pretty hard and it 's very likely that the battery shorted on impact and reset the radio connection.. so you should check for a short in the battery cables..

also the fm transmitters/receivers in general are susceptible to rf noise and can loose contact, then fall out of the sky..
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Last edited by mihcmac; Apr 07, 2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 09:06 AM
Flying at North Edward's
United States, CA, North Edwards
Joined Jun 2010
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The RC toy frequencies were really not intended for flight, have very limited range and are susceptible to lots of interference, intentionally. If you want reliable communications, you need to step up to 2.4ghz. The 3 channel coax market is pretty dead now. What you see for sale was made 2 - 3 years ago. So, don't expect a lot of product improvements. 4 Channel FP helis and quads are a cheaper and easier to make and offer a lot more performance.
And you have to get a REAL radio. I don't consider the 2.4gh from syma or any other toy manufacture to be nothing more than "Kitchen Toy" status. Just my two cents. I have seen a thread on converting to a real radio, It's not very hard to do, but you have to ask the question, Do I want to spend the money on a kitchen toy...
kgoodone is offline Find More Posts by kgoodone
Old Apr 08, 2014, 10:37 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
Really no hard? I'd like to see that thread.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:04 AM
Flying at North Edward's
Joined Jun 2010
99 Posts
Quote:
Really no hard? I'd like to see that thread.
I'll find it for you. I've built one already It's actually quite cleaver. I was using it for differential thrust on a twin aircraft. If I can't I'll draw it out and parts list it.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:18 AM
Flying at North Edward's
Joined Jun 2010
99 Posts
Here you go
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=homebrew

Here's the block diagram. I used the Hobbyking RC special because of it programming capabilities to fine tune the characteristics of Yaw control. I haven't had the time to install and test in a Coaxial, Too busy building robots, But it sounds I need to get on it. It gives you an idea on wiring it up.

Replace the Elevator servo with another "Car ESC" with reverse and replace the Weak motor in the back with something that can move air...
Kevin
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:56 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
Ah, so you actually replaced all of the electronics with components and used V tail mixing. That is pretty clever. I was thinking of one of these big 3 channel coaxes for my brother. He's physically challenged and can't handle anything that takes much hand skill.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 12:42 PM
Flying at North Edward's
Joined Jun 2010
99 Posts
Quote:
Ah, so you actually replaced all of the electronics with components and used V tail mixing. That is pretty clever. I was thinking of one of these big 3 channel coaxes for my brother. He's physically challenged and can't handle anything that takes much hand skill.

I'm glad to be of assistance.

I've noticed that Radio's are a big gripe for any of the coaxial toys. I just got tired of rebuilding them...
Last edited by kgoodone; Apr 08, 2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 12:59 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
Thank you, again. I want my brother to have something that has a reliable signal; less likelihood of him having to go and retrieve it.
Old Apr 09, 2014, 12:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcmac View Post
these extra large Qs8006 heli's can weigh quite a bit, so they can hit the ground pretty hard and it 's very likely that the battery shorted on impact and reset the radio connection.. so you should check for a short in the battery cables..

also the fm transmitters/receivers in general are susceptible to rf noise and can loose contact, then fall out of the sky..
Hi Micmac,
I should of mention in my other post that I had replaced everything electronically several times (including the battery) and the problem was always still there. Also loose solder connections, defective switches, defective PCB boards (tried 5 new ones from various different sources), defective wires, watched for any overheating issues, defective motors, checked for binding or drag in the rotor system, weak batteries, etc.. have all been ruled out as being the cause of this particular problem.

I should of mention too that I can replicate the cutout problem even with the helicopter on the ground running at idle speed rpm’s (pre-takeoff rpm’s) while holding the transmitter even just 4 feet from it. The cutouts are very random occurring and can occur at any time, and often times even before the electronic parts start to feel warm.

I feel that since other companies can sell $100.00 RTF 4 channel RC airplanes with the 2.4ghz systems that work great (even at over 1000 feet away and not even a sputter at those distances), I also feel that G.T model could easily supply their adult size Qs helicopters with a more powerful, more reliable 2.4Ghz radio system for little to no extra cost in price.

I also feel that the Qs helicopters have potential and are actually a pretty good helicopter overall, but I also feel that the Qs radio systems need to be updated to a more reliable system on their large size Qs helicopters.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Old Jun 14, 2014, 04:27 AM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Qs8006

Can sambadi help, wher belongs X markt kabel, it is lost from tin. Chopter is QS8006 27mhz older version.
http://aijaa.com/kSASka
code3 is offline Find More Posts by code3
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:38 AM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Here is beter photo of cabel
http://aijaa.com/0h2Hu2
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:50 PM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Little Help Please

Just picked up at qs8006. For some reason I can't get the controller to pair with the aircraft. Turn on AC...all the little LEDs twinkle........Turn on controller and the light bar top center light up and flashes back and forth but the ac and controller never pair .....what am I doing wrong? I have no manual to use as a guide and can't find one on line to look at. Thanks Guys
coastalcruizen is offline Find More Posts by coastalcruizen
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:43 AM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Put the left said stick to full power, and back, then it pair heli to controller.