HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2015, 05:36 PM
Joined Feb 2015
2 Posts
Help!
Antenna

Purchased a proboat hypersport .. 48 It has no antenna mount. The receiver is a Spectrum mr 200, that has 2 wires coming from it. The length on these wires are different and the ends are bare. Does each wire need to be in a separate antenna tube? Do you bend the wire over the end of the antenna tube and seal with cap?
any help would be great. Visited 2 hobby shops, had no answers thanks
jmjc01 is offline Find More Posts by jmjc01
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:07 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,976 Posts
One you can leave in the box but I prefer to hasve one sticking up out of the box.
One BIG no-no is to bend the ends of the antenna's! There is a winding of the wire at the tips and you don't want those to bend as they can easily break and you'll lose a lot of distance. With my 2.4 Gig Futaba's I run the antenna up through a tube but don't bend over the wire. My receivers are also mounted to the radio box lids so that I can get as much wire up and out as possible. A piece of radio box tape keeps the wire from sliding out.
I've gotten paranoid over the years after using AM and FM radios where I like that wire hanging up and out there.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:10 AM
Joined Feb 2015
2 Posts
antenna

Thanks for the information Ron. Have the boat for 2 years, time to hit the lake-John
jmjc01 is offline Find More Posts by jmjc01