New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2015, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,992 Posts
Nicksalot,

So far its been using Edge lite 100A for starters.
The plane belongs to KRProton.

Correction, the pack was a 4S_2250.
That setup could use a better/stronger pack.

I know he has been very busy, he'll chime in when he gets some free time.

I think the beginning of his long speed passes started with 1900W...then unloaded.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2015, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by jlastofka
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Feb 2009
21 Posts
I flew mine today, first time for me with a speed plane. 2S 2200 for now. Two flights - no problems, but I get a continual yaw oscillation (tail wag) throughout the flight I think. At least when it was close enough to see clearly. Mostly 1/2 to 2/3 throttle, but sometimes full. Seemed to wag a little the whole time. C.G. is middle of their spec. Is this wag normal? Goes away at higher speeds? Air was somewhat bumpy, but not a big factor I'd think. I've been scanning this thread but didn't find mention of the wagging.
Thanks,
Jeff
jlastofka is offline Find More Posts by jlastofka
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by G.P.
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Canada, AB
Joined May 2005
6,793 Posts
Mines solid. Check for loose linkages, tight horizontal stab, or possibly loose servo covers. I had a servo cover come off on a hotliner once inflight and the plane crabbed sideways from the extra drag.
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 02:04 AM
Find More Posts by Mike_eee
Quest for Speed!!!
Fremont,CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,315 Posts
HET 2w-18

Let me know if anyone needs at HET 2w-18 I have one spare from a EDF project. Looks like its a good upgrade for the Rifle 1m
Mike_eee is offline Find More Posts by Mike_eee
Old Today, 05:35 AM
Find More Posts by matjon
Sverige
Joined Oct 2007
87 Posts
Finally I have read through the whole thread. A lot of good tips that I could have used while building mine, but I think it turned out good anyways Yesterday I finished mine and did the maiden later on the same day.

My setup for the maiden:
Mega 16-45-1.5RDE
CC Edge Lite 100A
Turnigy 4S 2600mAh A-Spec G2 65C
Reedy 2S Life 250mAh RX battery
APC 4.7x4.2

The launch was uneventful, full throttle and just throw it straight. Did only one full throttle pass, it was not as fast as I hoped it to be. When I landed the esc sounded alarm for over temperature and everything was really hot. The motor was 91C on the can so I believe it was well over 100C inside. According to my CC log the esc temp was 133C! I don't know if there is something wrong or if I just need a better cooling slot?

CC log from maiden flight: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvo5xwh2km...7x4.2.csv?dl=0

Maiden video.
Great Planes Rifle 1M - maiden - 150704 (3 min 47 sec)

Not much to see, can hardly see the plane and my friend also missed the landing but it is the maiden video and I can´t redo that
When I have worked out the problems I will do a proper doppler video.

Some building pictures, nothing you haven't seen before. Yes I did a mishap with the motor mount but it seems to hold. The fishing wire holds up the esc so it does not put weight on the motor wires. The box makes a nice carrying storage box!
matjon is online now Find More Posts by matjon
Last edited by matjon; Today at 05:44 AM. Reason: Added CC log
Old Today, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by kingsflyer
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,393 Posts
Mighty nice looking 1M install.

I'm not that familiar with your motor, but it sounds like you may be over propped. You might try a 4.5x4.1 and recheck your temps. Were you able to download a data log for your flight? If so, you could post it here and Tim could give you some better input I'm sure.

McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Today, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by wylchyl
Fly It Like You Stole It!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2005
259 Posts
....Has anyone figured out the fastest 3S Motor set up?

I've been flying my Rifle 1M on 3S with the Ammo set up, and it's just not that fast. I think my stock HK DureFly EFX Racer on 4S is faster, and my guess is it's topping out under 120mph.

Is it the Arc 28-58-1.5?

Best 4S motor?

I'd just like to get to between 140 & 160 mph while keeping reliable.

Oh yeah - I'd like to keep it under $100 - I know the MEGA options seem to be over $100 and often out of stock :P

Thanks Guys!
wylchyl is online now Find More Posts by wylchyl
Old Today, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by G.P.
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Canada, AB
Joined May 2005
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylchyl View Post
....Has anyone figured out the fastest 3S Motor set up?
Any 3s motor...on 4s!!!
G.P. is online now Find More Posts by G.P.