New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
Find More Posts by flipflap
Joined Mar 2009
1,613 Posts
Not sure this can help, but I once had a similar issue with an APM board, and finally the reason was that the jumper (to connect output and input power rails) was a bit oxydized. It then had a certain resistance, and caused a voltage drop.

Finally everything went fine with a servo cable between and output channel and an input channel (just the VCC and GND connected of course).
flipflap is online now Find More Posts by flipflap
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by TheQuestor
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
4,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis View Post
thats not right... how are you powering it when your measuring? if its a problem with the 5v being low then of course the 3.3v will be low
The thing about the reg is it's wonky. It can read 5 v if blown, it can read 0 v and it can read off if something else is not right.

That said plugging in anything to a powered APM is just begging to blow something. Kind of a poor design to be honest.
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by hydrasports
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Jan 2015
83 Posts
Please help, I tried everything, I setup my apm 2.6 on my quad and when I arm it the motors spin weird and very slow, they basically twitch no matter how much throttle I give it I could post s video or something but I'm at a loss!!! Please help
hydrasports is online now Find More Posts by hydrasports
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by magic_marty
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,143 Posts
did u calibrate the esc's?
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by thermanmerman
Joined Mar 2015
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrasports View Post
Please help, I tried everything, I setup my apm 2.6 on my quad and when I arm it the motors spin weird and very slow, they basically twitch no matter how much throttle I give it I could post s video or something but I'm at a loss!!! Please help
The motors are supposed to automatically spin. This is a new setting with the new firmware. It Is set to very slow by default. This can be changed in mission planner to spin faster or turn the feature off completely. I wouldn't turn it off. It let's you know if there are any problems with motors or escs before you take off. As for the throttle problem have you calibrated your radio. In mission planner under radio calibration what are your ranges when throttling
thermanmerman is online now Find More Posts by thermanmerman
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by hydrasports
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Jan 2015
83 Posts
Yes I calibrated the escs and the radio, the motors don't even spin they just twitch, I wouldn't even consider it spinning, they make a weird noise and everything was working fine because it's all parts that I used on other quads
hydrasports is online now Find More Posts by hydrasports
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by Madhampster
Canada, ON, London
Joined Mar 2013
560 Posts
Quote:
Yes I calibrated the escs and the radio, the motors don't even spin they just twitch, I wouldn't even consider it spinning, they make a weird noise and everything was working fine because it's all parts that I used on other quads
Make sure the screws that hold the motors on the arms arm not to long and cutting into the windings. Also remove the esc lead and connect it to the throttle channel on the esc and test one esc at a time.
Madhampster is online now Find More Posts by Madhampster
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by TheQuestor
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
4,794 Posts
Quote:
That is called Cogging.

There are basically 3 things that can cause this
1: one of the 3 wires going to the motors from the esc are not working so only 2 are making contact.
2: damaged motor
3: damaged ESC

There are other reasons but these are the main 3.

To test
Connect the signal/+/neg lead directly to port 3 on your receiver and power up your TX/RX then power the ESC, wait for the beeps to finish and raise the throttle. If the motor spins proper then you are ok. Do that for each motor/esc

At this point I would also do a throttle end point calibration. IE Throttle to max, plug in the ESC and wait for it to cause the motor to beep then throttle down and it should beep more then test by throttle up/down.
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by alcurtis93
United Kingdom, Dalton-in-Furness
Joined Mar 2015
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis View Post
thats not right... how are you powering it when your measuring? if its a problem with the 5v being low then of course the 3.3v will be low
A 5v bec into the output. It's giving out exactly 5.1v but I'm still reading the voltage I wrote above
alcurtis93 is online now Find More Posts by alcurtis93
Old Today, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by geofrancis
nothing is unfixable
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcurtis93 View Post
A 5v bec into the output. It's giving out exactly 5.1v but I'm still reading the voltage I wrote above
Do you get same reading with the bec connected to input, output and analogue pins?
geofrancis is online now Find More Posts by geofrancis