Old Jul 03, 2015, 03:24 AM
Find More Posts by teshiecat
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grugh View Post
Question to others:
Did you make another holes for wires from the in-runner motor or did you bend them and use the original holes in fuselage? I'm still building, but don't say it to PeterVRC.
yep, I closed in the stock holes and made the hole further back slightly, as the wires from my HET 2w25s came out a bit too far back using wemo fans.
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Old Jul 03, 2015, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by Phantom 463
Joined Feb 2015
63 Posts
Okay VRC....Take off deals with c/ g in relation to yes landing gear placement...center of lift..airfoil and speed for the most part..also be aware the nose strut on full size aircraft pushes the nose up as the aircraft begins rotation...,this is quite significant in that an improperly serviced nose strut can prevent proper rotation.main struts push upward to help aircraft out of ground effect.there is a formula to confirm proper strut placement...but is all this overkill for foam edf models?effect of rotation is such that without proper flap deployment the vehicle will not leave the ground unless forced then risk of stall.
Phantom 463 is offline Find More Posts by Phantom 463
Old Jul 03, 2015, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by 4stripes
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
4,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
Our models have the main landing gear too far aft.
I have to agree that many models have the main gear placed too far aft. Thankfully with foam construction it is usually a simple procedure to move the retracts closer to the CG. Better ground handling along with smoother and easier takeoff rotation are immediate benefits. Having tried to fly our Starmax 90mm F/A-18 with the gear in stock location it was found to be almost impossible to get it to track straight. A gyro helped but wasn't the answer. After moving the gear 5" forward to be closer to the models CG, it now is a pussycat on the ground with all it's bad habits gone. The weight is centered closer to the main gear instead of ahead of it. Even crosswinds with it's narrow gear are easy to handle. Naturally flying off grass only makes poor gear placement worse.
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
Old Jul 03, 2015, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by Grugh
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshiecat View Post
yep, I closed in the stock holes and made the hole further back slightly, as the wires from my HET 2w25s came out a bit too far back using wemo fans.
I plan to do the same. I discovered there is only a little space above the new hole. I accidentally went through my upper surface.
Grugh is offline Find More Posts by Grugh
Old Jul 03, 2015, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by T3chDad
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
4,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grugh View Post
I plan to do the same. I discovered there is only a little space above the new hole. I accidentally went through my upper surface.
I did that on mine too. I fixed her up with some Great Stuff followed by light spackle. You can hardly tell after painting.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log v4.0 Progress...
Old Jul 03, 2015, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
4,762 Posts
Damn thats one sick paint scheme T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad View Post
I did that on mine too. I fixed her up with some Great Stuff followed by light spackle. You can hardly tell after painting.
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Jul 03, 2015, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by garryk
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
Damn thats one sick paint scheme T3
I know right?? Makes me wanna hurl. Cause I can't do it on my 90mm Cobra. After the 1st layer of paint is on you can't put frog tape on for fear of pulling off the 1st layer of paint. I LOVE that camo though.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jul 03, 2015, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by Phantom 463
Joined Feb 2015
63 Posts
DAD can lay down some paint....that is awesome!!
Phantom 463 is offline Find More Posts by Phantom 463
Old Jul 03, 2015, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by T3chDad
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
4,300 Posts
Thank you gentlemen!

With my FW A-10 I had the problem of original paint coming up with 3M blue edge lock tape. Fortunately for me the Su35 does not exhibit the same behavior.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log v4.0 Progress...