Would to see the pics with additional depron on the wings
rkozak is offline Find More Posts by rkozak
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2015, 03:50 AM
Find More Posts by Shane Sunday
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Belfast
Joined Jun 2011
368 Posts
Wel here's a couple pics of the 3mm addition to the wing I've also added another 2mm depron to under the turtle deck and wing strake to get a more scale shape. The trailing edge of the wing and elevators have been sanded down to reduce drag. The same will be done to the horizontal stabs. I will be adding more depron to the engines so I can make them rounder as well. At the moment I'm having trouble getting the shape of the canopy. So it's sand and shape until I get it close.

How's yours going?
Shane Sunday is offline Find More Posts by Shane Sunday
Old Feb 20, 2015, 03:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
368 Posts
Since I started putting photos up I might as well keep up the pace. This is a real fun build. I cut these parts out last year around this time but never built it as I was going to show a friend how to build using this model. It never happened so I might as well Finnish it. I guess what I've been doing is sanding and shaping. Taking a break to look at pics then shape some more. I've included pics of my elevator setup. The problems Ive had in the past are slop and the elevators digging in and breaking. I've used the controll horn as a stopper as well I've epoxied a spacer against the vert stab wall. This system so far is slop free and solid although I feel that the servos will be tightly pressed to actuate. We shall see. Well I've got to get back to sanding.

Hope you like it.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by rkozak
Joined Mar 2013
17 Posts
F15 118% Version

Looking good Shane. My progress is no where near yours but here are some pics anyways.
Last edited by rkozak; Feb 20, 2015 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Title
Old Feb 21, 2015, 05:09 AM
Find More Posts by empeabee
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkozak View Post
Looking good Shane. My progress is no where near yours but here are some pics anyways.
Moving along nicely - Like the work space - compact but plenty of room.
I'tll be in the air before you know it ...
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Feb 21, 2015, 05:01 PM
Joined Jun 2011
368 Posts
That is a tidy work space. You must have a cluttered mind sir. your build is coming along. I like
The motor mount. Wish I had thought of that. Keep them coming.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:41 AM
Joined Mar 2013
17 Posts
It was this or the closet......my wife wouldn't let me covert the master bedroom into a workshop.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 01:01 PM
Joined Jun 2011
368 Posts
Are you kidding me???!!! I told my partner... Look I'm not moving in till I have someplace to build my models! I think what she heard was. Hey honey would you mind if I had a bit of space please?.

Well I reckon I'm ready for the maiden flight. I've had too many birds end up on their nose on a maiden so I'll pretty this one up after the first few flights. Here's a few picks of my hatches. Very strong magnets are awsome. Those and coffee stir sticks. I had popcicle sticks but stir sticks are lighter. I've added a couple holes at the CofG for hand launching. I'm using elastic bands and BBQ skewers to hold the top of the motor on and a couple screws on the bottom. 2200kv motor and 6x4 prop with a 40amps esc and 2200 mah 3s lipo. Balanced perfectly. I've reduced the aileron throws to 68 percent up and down. I'd prefer they didn't dig into the dirt so they don't go farther than the lower fuselage. Still lots of work to be done but let's get the maiden out of the way. Maybe Wednesday morning.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:11 PM
Joined Mar 2013
17 Posts
Nah I'm just kidding......she's pretty good regarding this hobby...she's the one who got me back into it. Anyways looking good Shane. Hope you can provide a flight review for your maidan. BTW, what's your AUW if you don't mind me asking?
Last edited by rkozak; Feb 23, 2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 04:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
368 Posts
Well there has been no maiden so far. The weather hasn't cooperated. Doesn't look too good for the near future either. Sure I'll start finishing. Does that make sense? The model with battery is 1 lb 8oz so far. I've still to shape the outlets. And I like to glass the bottom.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:09 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Sunday View Post
Are you kidding me???!!! I told my partner... Look I'm not moving in till I have someplace to build my models! I think what she heard was. Hey honey would you mind if I had a bit of space please?.

Well I reckon I'm ready for the maiden flight. I've had too many birds end up on their nose on a maiden so I'll pretty this one up after the first few flights. Here's a few picks of my hatches. Very strong magnets are awsome. Those and coffee stir sticks. I had popcicle sticks but stir sticks are lighter. I've added a couple holes at the CofG for hand launching. I'm using elastic bands and BBQ skewers to hold the top of the motor on and a couple screws on the bottom. 2200kv motor and 6x4 prop with a 40amps esc and 2200 mah 3s lipo. Balanced perfectly. I've reduced the aileron throws to 68 percent up and down. I'd prefer they didn't dig into the dirt so they don't go farther than the lower fuselage. Still lots of work to be done but let's get the maiden out of the way. Maybe Wednesday morning.
Steve "Jetrset" is a great advocate of the underhand lob - this means its nose is pointed to where it should be up(ish) and you can always lower the nose without the ground getting in the way
Mike
(h yes, and Break A Leg - as they say ion stage...)
Old Mar 02, 2015, 08:14 AM
Joined Mar 2013
17 Posts
The weather here in western Canada has hampered my build. It's not -20c, instead it's been in the single digits, so I've been able to get some flying in these last two weekends with my su38 quick build...added a picture.

Anyways here's some pictures on the progress of the F15. I've decided to us 6mm for doubling the wing and will sand & shape a lot off. Also figured I'd get the engine fearings done and glued down before gluing the top layer of the wing so I could blend the two together. I've been watching the weight and hopefully it won't be to heavy. I'm guessing around 33 ounces give or take(I hope). One other thing...I can't give in to glueing the wing permanently to the fuse, so I'm toying with the idea of adding some ply cross members to the fuse and and ply blocks to the wing for a bolt down system. Would be nice to have access to all electronics and allows for future addition of rudders servos. The jury's not in on this thought yet.
Last edited by rkozak; Mar 02, 2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2015, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by MaliModelar
Joined Nov 2012
104 Posts
F-15 Eagle Parkjet after Maiden (4 min 20 sec)

My first F-15 Eagle,all specifications in video description.
MaliModelar is offline Find More Posts by MaliModelar
Old Mar 04, 2015, 09:03 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliModelar View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HyEf2GKBvc

My first F-15 Eagle,all specifications in video description.
was that thr Firsr Flight ??.
Looked good in the air - as usual for the f-15.
Good Job.
Mike
Old Mar 04, 2015, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by MaliModelar
Joined Nov 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
was that thr Firsr Flight ??.
Looked good in the air - as usual for the f-15.
Good Job.
Mike

Thanks!
This is the second flight,next will be with KFm2 profile due to better characteristic for landing and high alpha,as you can see on the video plane go too down with low speed.
MaliModelar is offline Find More Posts by MaliModelar
Last edited by MaliModelar; Mar 09, 2015 at 05:14 PM.