Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:11 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Well keep in mind these are digital servos. So they will make buzzing noises but it shouldn't be crazy loud.
Trust me, there was something wrong with this one You get buzzing, then you get buzzing. I am aquainted with digital servos, so I know what sounds normal.

There was also too much play on that servo.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Trust me, there was something wrong with this one You get buzzing, then you get buzzing. I am aquainted with digital servos, so I know what sounds normal.

There was also too much play on that servo.
Good call then! I just didn't want you driving LHS to LHS thinking they were all messed up
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:27 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Yes, but a call to HH and some pictures with copy of my receipt, has me a new set of wings on the way. As always, awesome customer service. Will have them in 2-3 days. So all is well with me.
True and thats why I am buying NEW, i am not sure i will ever buy a used HH product again, after the 130X mess and then now I have a MQX that something is wrong, I fly by a very tight rc buget. and do not have money to pour into planes.
I really crossing my fingers i get a good edge. if not i will be on the phone with them. I know they good about replacing things but when you buy something new you do expect it to work until you wreck it or something.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:32 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Didn't Meatloaf also try to sing "America the Beautiful"?

-Brian
Ugh! I really wish I hadn't seen that!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
Hey guys, whenever I burst the throttle the motor shuts off, here's a video of it. It happened in my first flight. Also if you could tell me if I'm getting similar throws to you guys that would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBF...8&feature=plcp
What battery are you running?
I assume it's fully charged..
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:07 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,535 Posts
APC 7x5E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
I already had a 12Amp on the TH Crack Pitts, and it did not pull that many amps, so I did a swap-a-roo --- the 10A went to the Pitts and the 12 to the Green Machine!
Hey tn,

Static tests with the APC 7x5E and stock esc have been solid so far for Torye.
He will be in Montana for the next two weeks on business and will maiden his EQQ w/7x5 up there.

Any complaints with your EQQ/APC7x5/12A esc from you??

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:08 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Ugh! I really wish I hadn't seen that!

Joel
I've heard that raw Meatloaf can give ya worms!

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
For those of you who still need a GWS 7x3.5. Here you go and they have like $2 shipping.

http://shop.subsonicplanes.com/produ...&categoryId=32
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Yikes, canadian LHS get their stock one month later than anybody else in the world, but if on top of that, they start blacklisting some hobby shops, it could take 6 months before mine get his stock! (It's a very small one, with a low volume). Oh well, I guess I'll have to pass on that one, and wait for whatever will show up in spring now. Unless Seth come up with an indoor replacement for the 300 3D!
I think your LHS is feeding you some BS so you don't go looking for another shop. I know for a fact that people in British Columbia (SNhobbies) and Ontario (Great Hobbies) have had their 540QQs for a while, along with other LHSs'
Jabberwocky_ is in Montreal and he has a 540QQ
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
Last edited by rcfisherman; Dec 02, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I tried a GWS 8x4 on all stock setup this morning. Didn't fry anything However it didn't really improve performance either. Had a little more thrust but less speed. To much prop for this motor so it can't reach maximum KV. Great a flying slow though. It might work on the Park 300 or 340 but I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble and money in the end.
What batt were you using? Perhaps a 65c TP batt would be needed to see the full potential of the 8x4?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:50 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,464 Posts
have been flying GREEN MACHINE hard the past 3 and a half days,,,,about 60 strong 6 min flights...motor still humming along strong.....prop is stock,slightley warped,,does not seem to affect performance,,,will try 7035 later....can hover 3 to 10 seconds,depending on MY skills. tenth flight LANDING GEAR fell of ,,,,put back on with DUCK TAPE,,,went back to flying...........no issues until about flight 55,,,,,,wind was 5 to ten mph,,,no big deal for this plane,,,,,while landing in too the wind ,,,,of course it gusted,,,,still no problem.....plane stationary about 3 ft off of deck......flared hard cut power,,,,plane almost floated down for a 3 point landing ,,,,more of a PLOP...what was the issue you ask........RUDDER SERVO WENT KRAZY,,,pulled hard left screeching and chattering,,,,,unpluged bat ,,,did not help.......DID NOT want to stop flying ,,,,,,,of cours servos R OUT OF STOCK ,,,how can that be ,,,NEW PLANE ,anyway taped rudder stationary,,,,,5 more flights.....still super aro bat icccc with out rudder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Nobody claimed that a high price guarantees high quality. However - if something is really cheap, there is always a reason. The reasons are typically bottom-of-the-barrel worker pay, crappy worker benefits, corner-cutting in R&D, engineering, and materials, along with cutting corners in production to increase output. Each of has been shown to compromise quality.

As Meatloaf so eloquently put it - 'There ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box'.

Joel
then along came Lexus......not even sure how Cadillac is still in business....oh ya BAILOUT!!
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:27 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,188 Posts
I got some HD 7X3.5 props....I can't get the darn bolt off the shaft. It seems to be stuck.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:38 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
Hey guys, whenever I burst the throttle the motor shuts off, here's a video of it. It happened in my first flight. Also if you could tell me if I'm getting similar throws to you guys that would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBF...8&feature=plcp
Does it do that id you run the throttle up slowly?
I just wondered if maybe it was a safety issue like on the mqx and some other of the micros if you hit full throttle fast it cuts off the motor mcpx does it to so you don't accidentally do it but once you have power going them jam it its fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
have been flying GREEN MACHINE hard the past 3 and a half days,,,,about 60 strong 6 min flights...motor still humming along strong.....prop is stock,slightley warped,,does not seem to affect performance,,,will try 7035 later....can hover 3 to 10 seconds,depending on MY skills. tenth flight LANDING GEAR fell of ,,,,put back on with DUCK TAPE,,,went back to flying...........no issues until about flight 55,,,,,,wind was 5 to ten mph,,,no big deal for this plane,,,,,while landing in too the wind ,,,,of course it gusted,,,,still no problem.....plane stationary about 3 ft off of deck......flared hard cut power,,,,plane almost floated down for a 3 point landing ,,,,more of a PLOP...what was the issue you ask........RUDDER SERVO WENT KRAZY,,,pulled hard left screeching and chattering,,,,,unpluged bat ,,,did not help.......DID NOT want to stop flying ,,,,,,,of cours servos R OUT OF STOCK ,,,how can that be ,,,NEW PLANE ,anyway taped rudder stationary,,,,,5 more flights.....still super aro bat icccc with out rudder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Wow Cooll dude, your a true pilot tape the rudder Wow. I have done that before but for me I taped one aileron and keep flying that was on my edge 540 bp...

hope you find a new servo to replace. have you had any upside down landings or tail touches while hovering? i used to love to drag the rudder on the ground on my planes but the foamys always ended up stripping gears or just killng em one.

The collet type that you tighten the nut on shaft always gave me issues except with the larger shafts thats why iwent ahead and ordered the EFLM1935 with a set screw i ordered mine from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-Prop...item5d36a9a961
ordered Tuesday afternoon it came Friday

I looked on Hobbyking at motors a few ago it seems they should be a few choices for motors from them, there cheap enough to try, I will wait till i get my plane so see how the 280 mounts but i might try a different one. depends on how i like mine if i have issues or not i guess. most time if its not broke i don't fix it, i do still have that one on my yak and its a 2 cell motor i always flew with 610mah packs could save some weight maybe, that plane was never fast but myself i rather have torque then speed Well most time.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; Dec 02, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:46 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Cuz it looks bad a$$!
One word... Maxamps -the most over priced packs that don't represent any value
See where this is going
Just because something costs more does not in any way mean better
Ok bada$$ I get!!!!!
Ya I hear ya