HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2010, 06:25 PM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
818 Posts
New Product
Updated ParkZone ultra-micro Sukhoi SU-26XP

Perhaps old news, but from a Radio Control Car Action interview at the Nuremburg 2010 toy fair there's a new ParkZone ultra-micro Sukhoi SU-26XP. (Scroll down to the second-to-last video titled "Horizon Hobby Sukhoi".)

Besides a cool paint scheme, the updated ultra-micro Sukhoi is supposed to have a better motor (4-site/mustang motor?), carbon-fiber-reinforced elevator, reinforced pushrods, and a longer battery bay. (Planned to use the 150 ma battery.)

This might explain why the going rate for a Sukhoi BNF is $80.
jeffsch is offline Find More Posts by jeffsch
Last edited by jeffsch; Mar 03, 2010 at 09:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2010, 06:44 PM
2^p - 1
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Feb 2003
1,326 Posts
Love the new paint scheme.
The motor is not brushless, the vid said 'brushed coreless', which is what is in the UM 4Site.
signflyer is offline Find More Posts by signflyer
Old Mar 03, 2010, 06:51 PM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
818 Posts
Thanks for clarifying (fixed my post above).

Here's a page about it from the Horizon Hobby Germany: Sukhoi SU 26XP BNF

Translated by Bing, it reads:

-----

Sukhoi SU 26XP BNF
PKZU1080

Description:

The new Sukhoi SU 26XP is the hottest ultra micro parking zone. The Sukhoi is the new power engine and perfectly coordinated propeller pleasure hover and the new servo with long rowing route and led to displacements allow extremely large fluctuations of Leitwerks carbon reinforced. The new 150mAh battery ensures equal weight for longer flight times with this ultimate fun device.
Need a DSM2 is range flight control system or engine for bind N fly version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Modular content:

•Finished built model
•1S 3,7V 150mAh battery
•Mobile LiPo charger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical data:

Span: 400 mm
Lbge: 366 mm
Flight weight. 36 g
RC: Height pages and Querrruder through AR6400 L recipients
Electronics: DSM2 compatible
Old Mar 03, 2010, 06:51 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
Cool! Too bad I just got the original one! It's become my new favorite plane though. I love it!
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Mar 03, 2010, 06:55 PM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
818 Posts
Another german site, with better pictures!

ParkZone UltraMax Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF

Old Mar 03, 2010, 07:44 PM
GEE,...it BEE model time
Interlochen, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,603 Posts
So many planes....so little time....and money!!! Ha Ha

Joe
piperjoe is offline Find More Posts by piperjoe
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:45 PM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
818 Posts
See related thread in another part of the forum

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1191663
Old Mar 05, 2010, 07:40 PM
No brains No headaches
corona ca.
Joined May 2009
29 Posts
do we know when it comes out?
edboy707 is offline Find More Posts by edboy707
Old Mar 09, 2010, 04:19 PM
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
Wait a minute! Oh my! Wait, let me check again... Sure enough! Did Parkzone release a semi new version of the Sukhoi by chance? My Sukhoi most certainly has the longer battery tray and upgraded motor! I still got it for only 80 bucks though! It doesn't have reinforced pushrods, a carbon rod on the elevator, or a cool paint job, but it definitly has a better motor (I think it is the same as the Mustang motor) and a longer battery tray! Pretty sweet deal!
Old Mar 09, 2010, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4smallrc View Post
Wait a minute! Oh my! Wait, let me check again... Sure enough! Did Parkzone release a semi new version of the Sukhoi by chance? My Sukhoi most certainly has the longer battery tray and upgraded motor! I still got it for only 80 bucks though! It doesn't have reinforced pushrods, a carbon rod on the elevator, or a cool paint job, but it definitly has a better motor (I think it is the same as the Mustang motor) and a longer battery tray! Pretty sweet deal!
It has been proven that it is the original motor. But the design except for the CF rods should be the same.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti
Old Mar 09, 2010, 06:26 PM
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
If that's the original motor, then how come people complain about it being under powered!? It doesn't claim to be a 3D plane! I can climb straight up with mine and even at less than full throttle. I can also hover briefly (although it's VERY hard!) and pull straight up right out of the hover. Mine hovers on about 3/4 throttle.
Old Mar 09, 2010, 08:49 PM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Hover is due to better CG. The newer one is lighter as they have used less glue in the assembly. Thats the performance gain you see.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:08 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4smallrc View Post
If that's the original motor, then how come people complain about it being under powered!? It doesn't claim to be a 3D plane! I can climb straight up with mine and even at less than full throttle. I can also hover briefly (although it's VERY hard!) and pull straight up right out of the hover. Mine hovers on about 3/4 throttle.
All4smallrc

The reason for the widely varying user experience is because there is a large variance in the performance of these cheap 'pager' motors, as they were not intended to be used in critical applications, or as powerplants. I've seen a weak P-51 motor that had less power than a strong SU motor. These are extreme cases, but you get my point. These motors are intended for non-critical, intermittent use - like operating DVD-drawer mechanisms & such. Their primary customers don't care if one motor is stronger than another motor - provided that the weakest samples meet minimum spec. Problem is - even a 10-20% difference in output will be very noticeable in a powerplant - especially when it's powering something that flies. When used as intended, most of them likely meet spec - within some acceptable failure tolerance. It is not realistic to expect stellar reliability and sample repeatability from a $10 motor that was produced for a fraction of that cost in some third-world country - especially when used as the powerplant in a mass-produced, high-performance aerobatic aircraft.

And yes, the version of the Sukhoi with the longer battery slot has the same motor as the first version. I have one of each, and I checked. In fact, I just put a P-51 motor in my V2 Sukhoi, and the static RPM with a GWS 5043 went from 5900 to 6400. Also, as wrcsti noted - V2 is lighter. My V2 is 2g lighter than my V1. In stock form, my V2 performed slightly better in vertical than my V1, however hover performance was the same, as I have the CG on both planes set to 38mm.

With the P-51 motor, L/E and tip protectors, c/f strip under the elevator, and a Hyperion 240 mAh 25c/5c Babbelbatt, the AUW on my V2 is 35.85g, and the vertical is literally unlimited:

Conditions:
940' AMSL
+47 F
5-7 MPH winds

Setup:
P-51 motor
GWS 5043
c/f strips under elevator
Hyperion 240 mAh 25c/5c Babbelbatt
CG: 38mm
AUW: 35.85g

ParkZone UM Sukhoi + P-51 Motor - Vertical Performance Demo (4 min 26 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2010, 01:59 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,026 Posts
I got an email from Horizon this morning that the new Sukhoi will be available shortly. Of course the web site says coming soon.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:49 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,783 Posts
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ZU1080#quickMM

Site says mid may, so maybe by July??
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons