HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
Turbo-Prop Paul??? will you be extending the nacelles? like what they did when Canadair used turbo props on their 415
First I will see what the nacelles I ordered from parkflyer plastic look like when I test fit them.
I will take it fron there.

I have more infos and pictures on a closed build thread here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2266837
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
Registered User
MaydayMayday's Avatar
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
809 Posts
Paul! Man that's a good build! I like the mods.
MaydayMayday is offline Find More Posts by MaydayMayday
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday View Post
Paul! Man that's a good build! I like the mods.
Thanks
I had my heart set on a dehavilland Twin Otter but cant find any of that size so the Skymule was my best candidate

After doing a maiden for a friend I really liked it so I got one ASAP
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
743 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a SM for FPV. For those of you that fly FPV with the Mule, what flight times are you getting with a 3S 4000mAh battery.? Assuming your not flying crazy but more like 5mph over stall speed. In other words, max flight time settings.
Also, are there any known reliability problems with the plug and play or should I get the kit and outfit it myself?
Thank you!
CN I Dawg is online now Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 AM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
subsonic's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg View Post
I'm thinking of getting a SM for FPV. For those of you that fly FPV with the Mule, what flight times are you getting with a 3S 4000mAh battery.? Assuming your not flying crazy but more like 5mph over stall speed. In other words, max flight time settings.
Also, are there any known reliability problems with the plug and play or should I get the kit and outfit it myself?
Thank you!
I get 15 minutes comfortably with a 3s 5000, mixed flying style. If you fly sedately, you'd get the same time with a 3s 4000 with capacity to spare.

I have the plug and play, and had to replace both ESCs due to a problem that I could not resolve without risky testing. I think it was some bad solder joints in the factory harness, but chose to just replace both escs withlush 40s. Flies reliably now.

Only other thing I'd recommend is to re glue the nacelles, reinforce the nose wheel, and swap the junk props with less junk MAS 10x7x3s, or similar 2 blades with proper collet adapters.

It's a great plane for fpv, hooning around the local area low and slow. Definitely not a long ranger, there are better airframes for that.
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:49 AM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
I get 15 minutes comfortably with a 3s 5000, mixed flying style. If you fly sedately, you'd get the same time with a 3s 4000 with capacity to spare.

I have the plug and play, and had to replace both ESCs due to a problem that I could not resolve without risky testing. I think it was some bad solder joints in the factory harness, but chose to just replace both escs withlush 40s. Flies reliably now.

Only other thing I'd recommend is to re glue the nacelles, reinforce the nose wheel, and swap the junk props with less junk MAS 10x7x3s, or similar 2 blades with proper collet adapters.

It's a great plane for fpv, hooning around the local area low and slow. Definitely not a long ranger, there are better airframes for that.
Thanks for the details. I was hoping for a bit longer flight time. I fly about 25 minute missions. The SM 1500mm wing span is what caught my eye. Nice size but still able to carry a huge payload. I guess the twin engines use comparatively more power. Non the less, you can't beat the sound and coolness of a twin.
CN I Dawg is online now Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Dynam Bf110 1500mm Wingspan Merlin Power Electric Warbirds 1835 Oct 22, 2014 07:57 AM
Yippee! Coming soon! 1500mm Dynam BF-110G in the works! Stay tuned. Nitro_Nancy Nitro Planes 13 Aug 08, 2014 04:36 PM
Discussion Help with Durafly Sky Raider Take-off Woober Electric Plane Talk 5 Mar 21, 2014 09:27 PM
For Sale Vintage controlaire mule ii tx/rx (PRICE DROP)!! txflyboys2 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Nov 10, 2013 12:09 PM