HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM
Joined Sep 2014
6 Posts
Motors stop when switching flight modes?

I'm new to Naze32 but have experience with APM/Pixhawk.

I've just built a quad with a DragonFly32 Pro and configured it with CleanFlight (1.7.2 firmware) and a D4R-II/9XR. Everything's fine and the quad flies well in Acro mode, but when I flip the switch to Horizon mode, the motors completely stop.

In CleanFlight, I can verify that the mode switching is set correctly and watch the "green" indicator switch from Acro to Horizon. Another clue -- I can't get the quad to arm if I start in Horizon mode.

What have I configured wrong?

Thanks,

Eric
thegeographer is offline Find More Posts by thegeographer
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM
Joined Jul 2007
781 Posts
Got my first Naze32 setup in my 250 with cleanflight

All of the motors are in the correct spot and spinning in the correct direction.
When I hold it and give some throttle, I tilt to the left and the left side throttles up. The same goes for when I tilt it to the right, the right motors speed up, just as you would expect.

However when I tilt it forward, the front right and back left motors speed up.
Tilting it backwards speeds up the front left and rear right motors.

Any idea whats wrong?

Why cant these things be as easy as a Naza to setup
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
United States, MN, Eagan
Joined Feb 2012
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeographer View Post
What have I configured wrong?
I'm not sure, but it is probably a Cleanflight issue. You'll have better luck asking in the Cleanflight support thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2249574
JohnOCFII is online now Find More Posts by JohnOCFII
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Joined Aug 2014
1 Posts
Best receiver for DX8 with full Naze32

Well So far I feel like a dummy....I am trying to get all my components purchased for my ZMR 250 frame (from Banggood). I have a DX8 and been looking for hours on end it seems and still can't figure out the best setup for a receiver. I am trying not to use a breakout cable and I know there are other receivers out there I can use like OrangeRX and LemonRX...From what I have found out so far I guess the satellite receivers seems to be the way to go, but all this PPM, CPPM , etc confuses the out of me! I know I will get the "do some research" replies, but I have done that and I am more confused now than ever...Anyone know of anyone who setup a 250 with a full Naze32 and uses a DX8 and has a setup online somewhere? Yes, I have looked, but couldn't find anything solid to work with. Any suggestions? Also, I am using the bangood H250 ZMR250 250mm Carbon Fiber Mini Quadcopter Multicopter Frame Kit along with Emax Simonk Series 12A ESC's and DYS BE1806 2300KV Brushless Motors along with an Team Legit/Overcraft V1.02 PDB.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated...at least I can start here and struggle on....
vaportrails is online now Find More Posts by vaportrails
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaportrails View Post
Well So far I feel like a dummy....I am trying to get all my components purchased for my ZMR 250 frame (from Banggood). I have a DX8 and been looking for hours on end it seems and still can't figure out the best setup for a receiver. I am trying not to use a breakout cable and I know there are other receivers out there I can use like OrangeRX and LemonRX...From what I have found out so far I guess the satellite receivers seems to be the way to go, but all this PPM, CPPM , etc confuses the out of me! I know I will get the "do some research" replies, but I have done that and I am more confused now than ever...Anyone know of anyone who setup a 250 with a full Naze32 and uses a DX8 and has a setup online somewhere? Yes, I have looked, but couldn't find anything solid to work with. Any suggestions? Also, I am using the bangood H250 ZMR250 250mm Carbon Fiber Mini Quadcopter Multicopter Frame Kit along with Emax Simonk Series 12A ESC's and DYS BE1806 2300KV Brushless Motors along with an Team Legit/Overcraft V1.02 PDB.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated...at least I can start here and struggle on....
I use the Lemon RX + satellite and the Spektrum sat directly in different builds. Both are only 1 cable of 3 wires. Very neat and clean. Here is the Lemon, it uses ppm and a sat, has failsafe and binds directly to my DX8. In basedlight or cleanflight you just select what you have ppm, spektrum...and is sets the board up for you. After that you go in and adjust your throws in the receiver tab. Takes a few minutes but pretty straightforward.
IH8VTEC is online now Find More Posts by IH8VTEC
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
Joined Sep 2013
855 Posts
Battery tests

I posted some results on battery test's some of you guys might find interesting

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post31194963
Marrrv is offline Find More Posts by Marrrv
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Who put that tree there?!?!
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Jan 2011
614 Posts
What PID/settings should I use with an Armattan 258 VTail?
jabu32 is offline Find More Posts by jabu32