HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2015, 04:31 AM
Ukraine, Cherkas'ka oblast, Cherkasy
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I did brief search on these 700 page also on google but did not find answer..
I have 9X and 9XR PRO (both have default ROM) and 2 lrs systems: ChainlinkDare and RMILEC 4346
RMILEC works with both 9X and 9XR PRO once I put it into JR unit.
And feature I noticed - 9XR PRO knows about RMILEC connection and makes some pauses when I switch off: at first it makes off RMILEC and after few seconds it switchs off itself. If no module it switches off itself without pause.

ChainlinkDare works with 9X I connected through JR (used 5-pin lipo balance connector) and wire it with GND, V+ and PPM out of JR mount
Once I connected ChainlinkDare to 9XR PRO - nothing happened. I mean ChainlinkDare does not start transmission.
Can anybody help me to connect ChainlinkDare to 9XR PRO?
MaxKo is offline Find More Posts by MaxKo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:19 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,932 Posts
I think it time to start a REAL dedicated 9XR Pro thread ....

The 9xr and 9xr Pro may have same heritage - but at end of day they really are two different machines.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 22, 2015, 05:52 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,725 Posts
There is one already..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...19298&page=145
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:24 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
i think it time to start a real dedicated 9xr pro thread ....

The 9xr and 9xr pro may have same heritage - but at end of day they really are two different machines.

Nigel
+1 to that
RM_Sparks is offline Find More Posts by RM_Sparks
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:23 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
9,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
OK ..... wish people would use it then.

The 9xr and 9xr pro are different enough.

Cheers
Nigel
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:17 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,725 Posts
Well, to say the truth I also don't have a 9XR myself. The reason I follow this thread is that I also use er9x on the 9x radio, which is the same firmware the 9XR ships with, and maybe I can be of some help to some people that are a bit less confortable with it.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 01:20 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
9,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
Well, to say the truth I also don't have a 9XR myself. The reason I follow this thread is that I also use er9x on the 9x radio, which is the same firmware the 9XR ships with, and maybe I can be of some help to some people that are a bit less confortable with it.
My point is not so much what a person uses - as to keeping posts relevant to the radio of subject.
The 9x once the boards / upgrades are made is as you say close enough to the 9xr ...

But the Pro is a few junctions further up the line and has various that have no relation to the 9x or 9xr.

I would also like to comment that when people fit FPV / UAV boards etc to a 9x or 9xr ... that in my opinion needs posting in the FPV / UAV sections where better help is more likely. 9xr user has no idea how to fix a UAV / FPV board unless he's a user of such.

I come to this thread to learn and improve my use of the 9xr ..

Nigel
Old Mar 25, 2015, 06:11 PM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,725 Posts
Nigel, you're absolutely right. I do think that the poster above just saw the name 9XR and thought it was the same.. Not everybody follow all the development. Some only ever post something when they have a problem..

So, anyway, I have a question for you guys. As I said above I don't own a 9XR but what do you guys do when you install a voice module in your radio? Does that megasound board one can buy fit in the 9XR? Do you have to build your own? Because all the projects available use very tiny components.. I have built a couple for my 9x radios.
The reason I'm asking all this is because as Mike now found a way of not using the LCD lines to connect the voice module, and use serial instead (only 2 wires), some of the components are not used anymore, hence we can build them smaller. So I have decided to have a go, with a huge support from Mike (er9x developer) at building a voice module based on an el cheapo arduino pro mini board that you find on ebay for a couple of dollars, and also a cheap SD Card module from ebay that can work on 5V. I have a couple modules working, and used only stripboard and through hole components. Soldering should be much easier. I have a prototype where I have split the module in 2 smaller boards as an attempt to make it fit in the 9XR. A friend of mine that has a 9xr built some dummy boards with the same size out of card board and placed them inside the radio.. He said that it MIGHT be possible to make it fit.
I am still working on documentation, etc, so the first post of the thread linked below is still not complete, but the part for the the one with 2 smaller boards is.. Be welcome to have a look. I only do this to try to help and because it is another hobby of mine.. I don't really need more voice boards for my radios as I already have enough
Ahh, very recently Mike added a new feature to er9x.. It is now possible to backup/restore models to/from the voice module's SD Card, and also connect it to the PC and exchange models with the computer using eepe. That is cool.. As the voice module now has more free pins, there is also the possibility of replacing the ELE switch with another 3 position switch for example.. Lots of cool stuff coming out, but you need a voice module for many of them.. Anyway, have a look here. I hope this post is not toooooo long

http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6831
Last edited by jhsa; Mar 25, 2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 05:28 AM
Joined Aug 2009
23 Posts
ER9x r r816

Excuse me guys. I just flashed my stock 9xr to a new version r816. Thought I grabbed the right version. But I can't seem to find the TEMPLATES. This radio seems to have the 64 bit processor. I see the HELI setup. I have the new manual. But I swear the templates are not here.
KCLC is offline Find More Posts by KCLC
Old Mar 27, 2015, 03:35 PM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,725 Posts
Does your radio have a m64 processor or a m128?
The telemetry version of the er9x firmware for the m64 processor doesn't have templates.

Maybe you have a radio with m128 and flashed the m64 version by mistake? It will flash and work ok but it will use only half of the eeprom.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 04:28 PM
Joined Aug 2009
23 Posts
ER9X r816

Easy enough to try. I'll set eepe to flash the 128m chip and see what happens.
Thanks

I've used the stock 9XR for over a year now and the new firmware just a day. The new firmware feels much better.
KCLC is offline Find More Posts by KCLC
Old Mar 27, 2015, 05:25 PM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,725 Posts
The 9xr ships with a very old version of er9x. Actually they still install the m64 version of the fw and the radios now have the m128 chip on them. Have you done the telemetry mod to your radio?
It could also be that you flashed the telemetry version of the m64. This version doesn't have the templates as I said before. But the normal er9x version has..

As I write these lines I'm just just making the telemetry mod, encoder mod, vibration, voice mod on one of my old 9x radios.. I just replaced the m128 with a m2561 which has the double of the ram of the m64 and 128.
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Essex. UK.
Joined Nov 2003
98 Posts
Mixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
For something like knife edge corrections in er9x you simply add a mix line to each channel that needs correction.

So for example elevator would be something like

ch3 100% ELE
+ 5% RUD noTrim curve (|X|)

Then adjust the weight to get the direction and amount of compensation you need.
The |X| part makes the correction the same for both directions of the rudder stick.
You want to use no trim because you don't want changes in rudder trim to move the elevator.

Alternatively you could go through a V-shaped curve if you want to fine tune the response.

Similar lines can be added to your aileron mix(es).

There are ways of assigning the amount of corrections to one of the pots to allow you to tweak the settings in flight, but exactly how depends on which version of the firmware you are running.

If you find you need different amounts of compensation for each direction and don;t want to mess with custom curves then use two lines with the > and < curves

ch3 100% ELE
+5% RUD noTrim Curve (x>0)
-6% RUD noTrim Curve(x<0)

Although a curve is probably the better way to address this.

Pat MacKenzie
Excellent, been looking everywhere for the answer to this problem.
Why is it not mentioned in the instruction book ?
Many Thanks.
hutt is offline Find More Posts by hutt
Old Today, 08:42 PM
United States, OH, Toronto
Joined Oct 2009
176 Posts
help with Channel 9

Sorry fellas, I have not looked at all 700 plus pages of this thread, but I do have a question on the 9xrPro.
I have a OrangeRX module in my system and am trying to set up a fixed wing plane. I have had no trouble setting up all my 'standard' controls, Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Gear, and Flaps. Even have mixed two channels for use with twin elevator servos. Even programed channel 8 for afterburner slaved to the throttle channel.. My problem comes when I want to set up a function for Channel 9!!! I can not seem to get any servo to move when pluged into Aux4. I want to use a speed brake independent of other channels and was wanting to ure the left rear swithch (Throttle) to control it.
How do I get Channel 9 to work??? I am using a Spektrum 9chnnnel rx. The radio mentions using 'virtual' channels, etc...yet I just want a standard 9 channel system..
Anyone have any ideas on how to get Channel 9 (Aux 4) working?
Wayne
orvie6 is online now Find More Posts by orvie6
Old Today, 11:19 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,632 Posts
There is no channel 9 with the Orange module. It only gives the standard eight PPM channels. The virtual channels are available precisely because they are not being transmitted.

There are various possibilities for getting additional channels. One is to use an FRSky XJT module and the SBus feature on an X-series receiver.

This, by the way, is the 9XR thread. But you would have got the same answer on the 9XR Pro thread.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66