HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2015, 07:36 PM
United States, NJ, Sparta Township
Joined Mar 2007
1,015 Posts
Discussion
BLADE CX2 Motor proportional Mix

When you put the CX2 on the ground and than try to hover, should the CX2 face me or face away from me? So I can tell which way it turns right or left for adjustment? This would change which way you turn the Trim screw on the 4 in 1 unit. Thanks Ron
darticus is offline Find More Posts by darticus
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2015, 08:08 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,410 Posts
hello Ron
The left and right sides of a heli are defined with the nose pointing away from you, with you standing behind it.
When the nose of a heli turns to the right or the left, it makes no difference whether the tail is towards you or away.... the nose still turns to its (the heli's) right (starboard) or its left (port).
It can make it easier by thinking of yourself as sitting in the cockpit of the heli. Then your left side is always the heli's left side and when the nose turns to the left it's to your left, etc.
Have I caused sufficient confusion?
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Mar 10, 2015, 04:41 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,399 Posts
To confuse you further, there are 2 versions of the motor board and the 'proportional' is opposite in effect from one to the other. Turn it no more than the width of the slot AND you MUST turn power off for the adjustment to register.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:05 AM
United States, NJ, Sparta Township
Joined Mar 2007
1,015 Posts
Tried it and got some great results. When trim pot was set to about factory setting with fresh battery and trim on radio set to center it had a left front movement. When rotating the pot clockwise it started to stop the movement left. At about the trim pot screw pointing to about 4 o'clock I started to get slight movement of the nose to the right. Very slight movement right as 1 click of the front radio trim to the left stopped it. I think this is probably the best I can get. I noticed the radio needing to be trimmed as the battery was using more of its power and dieing. Thanks Ron
darticus is offline Find More Posts by darticus
Last edited by darticus; Mar 10, 2015 at 08:18 AM.