HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2004, 09:29 AM
Maricopa, California
Joined Nov 2003
152 Posts
Question:Static Instrumentation set up.

Forgive me for being ignorant.....

I saw a picture somewhere showing how to connect your volt ohm meters into your power source string in order to see your amp draw and voltage etc. I neglected to save the picture for future reference so here I am asking everyones help on how to set it up.

I know how to check the voltage by connecting the volt/ohm meter leads to the battery and what to switch it to on the meter.

But I cannot figure out the connection in order to read the amp draw. I know on my metter to choose "10a +-" but where do I connect the probes in the string of wiring to check the amp draw?

Can anyone please enlighten this ignorant electrician?

Thank you in advance..............

Jerry07_58
jerry07_58 is offline Find More Posts by jerry07_58
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2004, 10:00 AM
Baltimore Bwi Rr Stn, Maryland, United States
Joined Oct 2003
520 Posts
Re: Question:Static Instrumentation set up.

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry07_58
Forgive me for being ignorant.....

I saw a picture somewhere showing how to connect your volt ohm meters into your power source string in order to see your amp draw and voltage etc. I neglected to save the picture for future reference so here I am asking everyones help on how to set it up.

I know how to check the voltage by connecting the volt/ohm meter leads to the battery and what to switch it to on the meter.

But I cannot figure out the connection in order to read the amp draw. I know on my metter to choose "10a +-" but where do I connect the probes in the string of wiring to check the amp draw?

Can anyone please enlighten this ignorant electrician?

Thank you in advance..............

Jerry07_58
Disconnect the red battery wire to your motor. Attach the Red meter lead to the the red battery lead just removed from the motor. Attach the black meter lead to the unconnected motor terminal. Before turning anything on make sure your meter is on the correct scale and connections are correct.
whanderson is offline Find More Posts by whanderson