SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Guildford
Joined Nov 2012
66 Posts
Discussion
Book suggestions

I usually learn well with books. I read extensively about all my hobbies.
But with RC flying I have not read a lot, which kind of worries me.

There are lots of books. But it's hard to judge by the cover. I have seen a few which sounded good, but where just too trivial or too old. (I don't care about NiCd receiver batteries and quartzes)
Are there any standard reading suggestions?

I would be interested in Basic flying tips (but no too trivial), introductions into the various special interests, plane building fundamentals.
I'm not really too interested in practical tips, they are usually not relevant long enough. I'm looking for fundamentals that you don't learn by doing or would have to learn the hard way.

I also read German. If there are any books exclusively in German...

Thanks and sorry for the rather generic question. I just love having some good deep knowledge about what I do. And books usually work well to acquire that.
DeepThought is offline Find More Posts by DeepThought
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:06 AM
greg
somerset, nj
Joined Feb 2005
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
There are lots of books. But it's hard to judge by the cover. I have seen a few which sounded good, but where just too trivial or too old. (I don't care about NiCd receiver batteries and quartzes). Are there any standard reading suggestions?

I would be interested in Basic flying tips (but no too trivial), introductions into the various special interests, plane building fundamentals.
I'm not really too interested in practical tips, they are usually not relevant long enough. I'm looking for fundamentals that you don't learn by doing or would have to learn the hard way.

Stick and Rudder

Model Aircraft Aerodynamics

R/C Model Aircraft Design

Structural Dimensioning of Radioguided Aeromodels
ciurpita is offline Find More Posts by ciurpita
Last edited by ciurpita; Feb 13, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Guildford
Joined Nov 2012
66 Posts
Thanks those look like they hit the point
DeepThought is offline Find More Posts by DeepThought