SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by melsailsnorth, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,024 Posts
Trader Rating: 149
Sold
Skywalker 1900 FPV complete

New build just flown once for trimming. This could be sold complete, or parted-out. Preference goes to complete for obvious reasons. First off, why am I selling... 5 current FPV projects in the shop, and wife says at least one must go. I've not had time to fly this and it really needs someone that will enjoy it. Stock skywalker build with the exception of enlarging motor mount and strengthening it with epoxy along with reinforcing horizontal tail-feathers, small metal skid on bottom of plane and plugging airflow to compartment as positive pressure messes with the RVOSD. this is just tape.
Also has large hatch for mounting your HD video cam such as GO PRO or Contour HD.
For someone wanting to "bind and fly" FPV this just needs your radio w/ ez uhf TX along with lcd/goggles and an RX/patch antenna from RMRC. Or pass on the EZ UHF and mount your own LRS or 2.4ghz control. You definitely could be flying long range FPV the same day. Highest quality "shielded" wires connecting VTX and control RX out to the wings. Setup is extremely RF quiet, insuring the best video, control and reception over long FPV flights. RVOSD mounted with special aerospace high density foam to eliminate any vibration issues and optimize autopilot performance. The build and mods are all a result of lots of testing and logging many hours on my skywalker #1 which I'm still flying today.

equipment-

Power
Hacker A30-10L with 85 amp blue Myst. esc and Castle 10 amp BEC
OSD/autopilot-
RVOSD5 currently running PPM with single wire access to LRS receiver.
Video RX-
new RMRC 800mw 1.3 with the new channel released!! Mounted far out on wing with rubber duck or SPW.
Control-
EZ UHF 8 channel light with dipole antenna out on the wing with PPM mode so wiring kept to minimum run to midship.
Camera-
Hobby Wireless High res. Sony super had CCM, metal case, 600 tvl lines, awesome low light and direct sun performance. Hidden away in nose section currently but could easily be moved up with pan and tilt.

$875 invested. Asking $575 (combo price lowered a bunch) pickup/delivery or plus exact shipping per your preferencee. Shipping as low as $25 via greyhound depending on your proximity to me.

Pricing can also be figured by subtracting the following equipment.
RVOSD -$250
Motor/esc/bec combo -$95
EZUHF receiver -$85
1.3-800 RMRC vtx -$50
600TVL camera -$75
Bare Skywalker is $70 plus actual shipping

PM me for additional pics or questions!! Package will be double boxed and well protected for shipping.

**** Even though the SkyWalker is one of the most popular FPV planes around, it's also a great plane for many other uses including being a giant, fun trainer-parkflyer, glider/thermals, tow-plane, etc.... I have an equivalent Turnigy power system (3536/1200, 50 amp esc, 3 amp BEC) that I can include with the airframe and a spektrum receiver for a total price of $105 plus shipping, giving you a bind and fly plane that's ready to go for a really low cost...

This plane is 3 lbs 9 oz, and Wingspan is 6 feet 3 inches !!!

I will be traveling down to the LA/Orange County/San Diego area for the week of Thanksgiving if anyone down there is interested in a delivery!!!!
melsailsnorth is offline Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Last edited by melsailsnorth; Nov 16, 2012 at 04:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:31 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
i like this. What's the Wing Span Please..and weight....
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:40 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
i like this. What's the Wing Span Please..and weight....
3 LBS 9 OZ. with all FPV equipment (no lipos) and 6' 3"
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:04 PM
Crash test dummy....
United States, TN, Waynesboro
Joined Mar 2012
110 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
I really like this, but if I keep buying model planes the Mrs. is going to put me on a real one to another destination......
mattthomas78 is offline Find More Posts by mattthomas78
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthomas78 View Post
I really like this, but if I keep buying model planes the Mrs. is going to put me on a real one to another destination......
HaHa, I hear ya!! It's the only reason I'm parting ways with this one, lol.....
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:04 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,253 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Nice build. I'm in the same situation lol... so, while I want it, I'm not going to take it. But whoever gets this is sure getting a good recipe for success.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:35 AM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,024 Posts
Lots of PM's asking about the range of this FPV plane. Short answer is that it's all up to your antenna choice. With a blue beam on the plane an base your looking at 2-5 miles depending on terrain. With a big helical or patch (circular P. or Linear) on the ground you could easily stretch that out to 15 plus miles. It's really up to your antennas and your imagination and (of coarse) your skill level. The skywalker can haul an incredible load of batteries which is usually the limiting factor in how far you can go (given the proper antenna choice)...
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:10 AM
It's all fun till Crunch!
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,979 Posts
Trader Rating: 59
Man, great deal & well setup, wish I could spring the $$

Crunch
Capt. Crunch is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Crunch
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:35 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Trader Rating: 79
Is that correct: The rudder is not connected?
flyandi is online now Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,024 Posts
The plane only had one short test flight and I'd not installed the rudder servo yet. It will be included and is wired for easy installation.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:44 PM
Matthew Ceradini
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2011
193 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
What a beautiful build, great job! Wish I was ready to go FPV or I would buy. Great price, I'll be surprised if it's here much longer.
Ceradinimp is offline Find More Posts by Ceradinimp
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,024 Posts
Well, does not look like anyones going to bite with the holidays approaching. I know things are tuff for a lot of us out there, so I'm going to go ahead and part this out. If you are interested in any of the parts feel free to send me a sensible offer. I will put it all up for sale when I'm able, along with the bare skywalker for very cheap. Remember, all these electronics are brand new, never flown. Cheers, Mel
Closed Thread