HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:06 PM
Canada, ON, Orillia
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Question
HobbyKing and Canadian orders

I want to place an order with HobbyKing and was looking for some feedback from anyone from Canada who has done the same. Issues with customs, shipping times, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Darrin
Caius Merlyn is offline Find More Posts by Caius Merlyn
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:14 AM
Joined Jun 2012
12 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1418642

I have found above claim,hope can help you.
limspeedracing is offline Find More Posts by limspeedracing
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:40 PM
Canada, ON, Orillia
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Thanks limspeedracing. I thought I'd give the mentioned HobbyPartz.com a try instead. Placed an order with them yesterday, so I'll see how that goes. So much bad feedback about HK made me think twice about them.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:10 AM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Aug 2004
933 Posts
I know there is a lot of negative feedback about HK but all my 15 orders (over 180 items) over the last 3 years have arrived, yes some were quite slow to arrive but when i compare there prices with our local prices( about half) i don't mind waiting, it makes my limited $ go further.The other things i've found is don't order out of stock items and don't order during Chinese New Year ( you will wait for ever) As for the quality of there products alway read the customer reviews,that has served me well and i'm yet to buy a lemon .
ColinNZ is offline Find More Posts by ColinNZ
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:44 AM
astral
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
I am currently stuck in the mud with Hobby King China, only half my order came though now they are arguing that they can see some of the parts in the photo I sent to demonstrate what was there and what wasn't. FFS, this is very poor customer service and I will never buy from them again.
astraltao is offline Find More Posts by astraltao
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:24 PM
astral
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Good news, after much to and fro they finally gave me credit for the missing items.
astraltao is offline Find More Posts by astraltao
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:43 PM
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caius Merlyn View Post
I want to place an order with HobbyKing and was looking for some feedback from anyone from Canada who has done the same. Issues with customs, shipping times, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Darrin
No issues at all so far. I am thinking 30 orders over time. Compared to canadian prices for hobby supplies there is a tremendous savings to be had there. As for quality issues just pick and choose. You can learn the ropes quick enough. Try a few small orders first to get a feeling for them.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:46 PM
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caius Merlyn View Post

Thanks!

Darrin
No issues at all so far. I am thinking 30 orders over time. Compared to canadian prices for hobby supplies there is a tremendous savings to be had there. As for quality issues just pick and choose. You can learn the ropes quick enough. Try a few small orders first to get a feeling for hobby king

.I f they have not already become a real major fixture in the hobby supply business they are going to become larger than anyone else as well..Ninety percent of our hobby supplies no matter of what label is on it now originate in china I suspect. One consideration has to be that the amount of complaints may be very small in comparison to the amount of orders filled. I suspect it is.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:14 PM
Canada, ON, Orillia
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Just a little update...

I hedged my bets and ordered a few things from Hobbypartz and a few more things from HobbyKing. The items I ordered from HobbyPartz on August 24th hit the local post office yesterday. 12 calendar days - factor in weekends and the Labour Day weekend and it works out to 7 working days from California to Ontario. The order was complete and well packaged. Very impressive, to say the least!

The HobbyKing order was placed on August 29th and the items were marked as shipped from Hong Kong on the 31st. As China is a little bit (lol) farther away, I expect it might take a couple of days longer....

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Darrin
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:51 PM
Canada, ON, Orillia
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Good news! The small order from HK was at the post office yesterday. Pretty darn fast.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:17 AM
What arbre?? oh tree!
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2006
255 Posts
I have done over 300 order with HK, even when they were HC and even B4 (also Anthony Hand that with the real bad reputation). *****ALWAYS***, Always order in stock !!!!!no back orders!!!! (or put them on a separate order... I have had 3 issues (all resolve +veley), but nothing for over 2 years except for the V1 HK lancaster when I replied to CustService that your designer recommends changing the original ESCs factory fitted as they had and issue at the sub contractor... Gave me a store credit no issue...
Puffer Ghoti is offline Find More Posts by Puffer Ghoti
Old Oct 16, 2013, 05:31 PM
Wayne
Canada, BC, Pender Island
Joined Oct 2013
48 Posts
I have been trying to get them to revisit this for over 6 month. Dead end. Indifferent response if any. Will not escalate this to a manager for discussion. This spend big money to advertise with Model Airplane News to sell more then ignore customer input as to why it is not economics to buy from them. All my orders go to Canadian outlets from now on. Why should I buy from them when it costs more. And they don't care!!
waynefmcnab is offline Find More Posts by waynefmcnab