HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220 View Post
No I didn't Steve, I switched the plugs on the sequencer, put the left to the right and vice versa. Left did not work in the right port, right one worked in the left port. Pretty sure the left one smoked itself. The can was hot to the touch and the unit itself smelled hot.(I'm sure you know that familiar smell) Brandonmoon sounds like he had the same thing happen to him after 3 cycles. I've cycled mine at least 1/2 dozen times everything works good except the left main doesn't retract. I can always maiden with the gear down.
That is exactly what happend to mine. Things to note here is tha I have found the Sequencer relys on all devices to be plugged in so that it is under load for the proper secuencing operation...I don't know why they did this this way, but they did., if you disconect one or more of the devices loading the sequencer ...you will start haveing problems with the remaining devices not functioning properly....specifically the main gear doors not wanting to close after full retraction of the main gear....and only one or more of the main gear may retract ...while the other does not.

hope this helps some
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:02 PM
La Habra, California
Joined May 2004
593 Posts
Do you think something like this
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2448
could be added to each retract to protect it from too many amps in the stalled condition. Then this could be plugged into a different sequencer so that each retract is independent. I hate the idea of all the retracts failing if one fails.
paracanary is offline Find More Posts by paracanary
Last edited by paracanary; Apr 15, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:09 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracanary View Post
Do you think something like this
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2448
could be added to each retract to protect it from too many amps in the stalled condition. Then this could be plugged into a different sequencer so that each reatract is independent. I hate the idea of all the retracts failing if one fails.
Not sure? or what affect it may have on the sequencer? I did also consider that option earlier.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
That is exactly what happend to mine. Things to note here is tha I have found the Sequencer relys on all devices to be plugged in so that it is under load for the proper secuencing operation...I don't know why they did this this way, but they did., if you disconect one or more of the devices loading the sequencer ...you will start haveing problems with the remaining devices not functioning properly....specifically the main gear doors not wanting to close after full retraction of the main gear....and only one or more of the main gear may retract ...while the other does not.

hope this helps some
+1 My left main still has an intermittent thing with not cycling. Especially when its the first cycle of the day. Both doors will open, only the right begins to lower, so I hit the switch to bring it back up. After the right is back up, I hit the switch and it is then that they function properly.
These are dime store electronis and I'm pretty sure that we're all eventually gonna end up with EFlight retracts like Gavs and Godofthunder.
Rcbyair is offline Find More Posts by Rcbyair
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:35 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
I agree, Probably
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
549 Posts
+1 on that. I've already ordered the (hopefully ) new gear from Sydney jets, should be here around the end of the month. Already looked at the e-flites, does anyone know where the post is for the mod? It will be awhile as the e-flites are another $170 plus a sequencer. I will call Banana hobby tomorrow to see if they will send another retract under warranty, already left an e-mail at CS. Found the mod.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Last edited by handyman 220; Apr 15, 2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Found the mod. on u-tube
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:54 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
+1 on that. I've already ordered the (hopefully ) new gear from Sydney jets, should be here around the end of the month. Already looked at the e-flites, does anyone know where the post is for the mod? It will be awhile as the e-flites are another $170 plus a sequencer. I will call Banana hobby tomorrow to see if they will send another retract under warranty, already left an e-mail at CS. Found the mod.
Hope you have better luck with them then I've had...the last set they sent me were the V1's and broke when I recieved them....I'm still waiting for the replacement for those.....The ones I bought from LX Directly were the clear nylon geared and not metal geared as I was told, but at least they work for now?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Jul 2008
549 Posts
Talked to and e-mailed Banana hobby today. I'm very satisfied with the support I received. I have a new retract coming, not sure how long it will take but one is on its way. i still have lots to do before the maiden so I'm not in a rush.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Talked to and e-mailed Banana hobby today. I'm very satisfied with the support I received. I have a new retract coming, not sure how long it will take but one is on its way. i still have lots to do before the maiden so I'm not in a rush.
That sounds great!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
Can't Afford the Real Thing
Canada, ON, Oshawa
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Wow, what a thread....
Pilot420 is offline Find More Posts by Pilot420
Last edited by Pilot420; Apr 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Found my answers
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:07 PM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot420 View Post
Wow, what a thread....
It's not a thread! It's a support group. Your first post here should read more like this:
"Hi everybody, my name is Pilot420 and I became addicted to RC Aircraft at the early age of......."
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:57 PM
Can't Afford the Real Thing
Canada, ON, Oshawa
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcbyair View Post
It's not a thread! It's a support group. Your first post here should read more like this:
"Hi everybody, my name is Pilot420 and I became addicted to RC Aircraft at the early age of......."

My appologise for my rudness.

My name is Scott, 30,I have been i a lot of different things in life and this one is where i am at now. I have been in the hobby for about a month. Judge if you may but i have a history of starting big. From cars and bikes to boats and snow machines. I have a art tech Cessna 182. I enjoyed the few times up. I am in love with this f4u and am going to buy it as soon as LX gets back to me on some questions. This is an investment and i dont like my purchases not being right once it gets here.

I worry after reading this "support group" thread, but am still Pretty sure i want to proceed. I may order from rc warez if they have V2 3 prop.
I truely appreciated everyones informative posts.
Pilot420 is offline Find More Posts by Pilot420
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:01 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post

hope this helps some
All sequencers must not be the same. The one that came with my H-K P-40N will work with any combination, hence you can work on one at a time, even the gear door servos. Of all the troubles that came with the model, the sequencer seems to be a very good device.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Jul 2008
549 Posts
Now I really have to talk to a shrink, I must be addicted cause I belong to a support group!! BH e-mailed me my replacement retract will be shipped in 4-7 days. No wonder Rome wasn't built in a day, they must have to make the shipping boxes first! Sorry for being a smart #^*^ I'm happy they're sending the replacement part.
Last edited by handyman 220; Apr 18, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot420 View Post
My appologise for my rudness.

My name is Scott, 30,I have been i a lot of different things in life and this one is where i am at now. I have been in the hobby for about a month. Judge if you may but i have a history of starting big. From cars and bikes to boats and snow machines. I have a art tech Cessna 182. I enjoyed the few times up. I am in love with this f4u and am going to buy it as soon as LX gets back to me on some questions. This is an investment and i dont like my purchases not being right once it gets here.

I worry after reading this "support group" thread, but am still Pretty sure i want to proceed. I may order from rc warez if they have V2 3 prop.
I truely appreciated everyones informative posts.
Hi Scott, nice to meet you and welcome to our addiction, I mean Hobby. So cool you found this Corsair and thread.
If you've been through most of the posts, you'll know that this air frame is very solid and well made. You may have to play around with the electronics in order to get everything to function properly. By the time yours arrives you'll have a V2 or possibly a V3 which means less headaches for you.
One word of caution for you would be to invest in some kind of simulator, if you haven't already, cause this Corsair will fly nothing like your Cessna. I've been flying for a good couple seasons and I still can't even get 10 outta 10 greaser landings on my Sim yet.
All the best Scott and be sure to keep us tuned in.
Steve