SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2014, 03:40 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Apr 2014
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntburnett View Post
Looking good looking good.

I just told my wife this morning that I wanted to repaint black bear. But i dont know what color.

Be blessed
Isaac
Thank you. FYI it's already painted. I'm just teasing you guys. ( hint ) look at the kayak for the colors I went with.
B.meir73 is offline Find More Posts by B.meir73
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:05 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntburnett View Post
Looking good looking good.

I just told my wife this morning that I wanted to repaint black bear. But i dont know what color.

Be blessed
Isaac
Ahmmm........there might be a clue in the name..........mind you.........I guess that you could always change the name........no! no! no!.........not the Bear part.......
FPVsummituk is offline Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:06 PM
Member of fpvhub.com
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined Apr 2014
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.meir73 View Post
I really like your dash Dizzy. I'm going to redo mine. I hope you don't mind me using some of your ideas. What gage stickers did you use?
B.meir Many Thanks for the compliments, the image files are those that are available on the weebly web site i printed them onto acetate for my dials, scaled them on Paint shop pro first to fit the bezals I turned

Hope that helps nice to know also that some of my idea,s have prompted some more copies tbh i had the idea from the lighting set ups i use with our N gauge coffee table layout the perspex seems to spread the light so well i thought why not try it on the dash and bingo it worked

keep up the pics i think everybody is well impressed with your builds likewise i love detailed scale models my prize possession is my Scratch built Steam Launch i built in the 90,s i still have not beaten that one for detail.
Just a thought this Tonka Summit is probably approaching three times the cost of my long range fpv plane LOL.
I was told ground fpv is probably a lot cheaper than planes. How wrong they are lol.

dizzyfpv
dizzyfpv is offline Find More Posts by dizzyfpv
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:10 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk View Post
Ahmmm........there might be a clue in the name..........mind you.........I guess that you could always change the name........no! no! no!.........not the Bear part.......
Lol

Be blessed
Isaac
tntburnett is online now Find More Posts by tntburnett
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:20 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyfpv View Post
B.meir Many Thanks for the compliments, the image files are those that are available on the weebly web site i printed them onto acetate for my dials, scaled them on Paint shop pro first to fit the bezals I turned

Hope that helps nice to know also that some of my idea,s have prompted some more copies tbh i had the idea from the lighting set ups i use with our N gauge coffee table layout the perspex seems to spread the light so well i thought why not try it on the dash and bingo it worked

keep up the pics i think everybody is well impressed with your builds likewise i love detailed scale models my prize possession is my Scratch built Steam Launch i built in the 90,s i still have not beaten that one for detail.
Just a thought this Tonka Summit is probably approaching three times the cost of my long range fpv plane LOL.
I was told ground fpv is probably a lot cheaper than planes. How wrong they are lol.

dizzyfpv
Actually, I was playing with the weebly JPEG and just inverted the image and this is the result.

Oh! and by the way B.m, if you are going to just drill out the bezel centres and fit the gauges behind them, you just need to print off the JPEG full size, as I set it up to suit the basic bezels.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FPVsummituk; Nov 23, 2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:38 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
2,403 Posts
Dizzy, any photos or video of the steam launch? I know it's not FPV, but would be interesting to see it.

By the way........who told you that ground FPV was cheap?........the trouble with a ground vehicle is that the public can see it very clearly..........as opposed to planes which are several hundred feet in the air, they are just a spec in the sky, so it doesn't really matter too much what they look like.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:26 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Apr 2014
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk View Post
Actually, I was playing with the weebly JPEG and just inverted the image and this is the result.

Oh! and by the way B.m, if you are going to just drill out the bezel centres and fit the gauges behind them, you just need to print off the JPEG full size, as I set it up to suit the basic bezels.
O yes that's what I'm looking for. Thank you SummitUK.
B.meir73 is offline Find More Posts by B.meir73
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:48 PM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
This is my mount holding the flat platform.
The rear is mounted via two screws to the rear shock towers.
and simple pegs up front to prevent the 'shakes' while FPV'ing.

Got idea from the original Ground FPV'ers....
I'll see what I can do.
twissted is offline Find More Posts by twissted
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:10 AM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.meir73 View Post
O yes that's what I'm looking for. Thank you SummitUK.
If you have a problem downloading, just PM me and I will email the JPEGs over to you.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2014, 06:46 PM
Joined May 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybee View Post
Hi TraxxasAlu!

I love your videos very much...In fact, Because of your video "Pure FPV ride with Traxxas Summit", I found this Tonka Summit project. To this day, I still enjoy watching it...Hope you don't mind me asking you more about your setup there in the video...

1) Is that 72 MHz Radio? If that was really 72 MHz, what is the receiver you used? I can't believe the range you get with the setup! No sign of interference at all...I can say, there is nothing there can stop you from going anywhere you want...please share that with me...

2) I've been watching the video many many times and I thing I know why I love it so much, the suspension is so smooth. Was that a stock Long Travel or P2 Rocker Arm? What about the spring, any adjustment?

3) In one of your latest video, I wonder what is that indicator with P and R? Battery indicator? If that is really a battery indicator, please teach me...how you did that...I want that too...
Hi MyBee

Thx for complimant

1- It was the futaba 10c 72Mhz I've used, now all are with dragonlink 12ch

2-In this video, it was the stock long trave with the most hard spring (don't remember the color but the harder one) and it screw at 1/4.

3-As TNT said, it's R/D on throtle channel, for battery indicator I use hobbyking things like that: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arm_2s_3s.html or http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ker_Alarm.html they are better through the camera view.

Hope it'll help you
traxxalu is offline Find More Posts by traxxalu
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:35 PM
Malaysia, Kedah, Alor Star
Joined Aug 2013
309 Posts
Need TraxxasAlu, Long Range Tips with 72Mhz

Thanks for your reply TraxxasAlu:

Hope you dont mind, need few more tips:

Based on your precious experience with 72Mhz Radio, is there anything I can't do to allow me to get the same ability to drive FPV, NON LINE OF SIGHT, like you did there in the video...

1) I wonder, does type of Rx really play an important rule?

2) Should I worry about where to should I mount the Rx?

3) Is that true that some people say, 72MHz radio rely on geographical aspect, some even say, 72MHz is good in US only!

Can't sleep thinking about your Radio setup, proven to be very reliable...especially for Non Line of Sight PFV...

Please share something...I'm the only TS member who still driving with 72 MHz...If you can get such a great range and penetration...with similar 72MHz, why I'm not getting that?
mybee is online now Find More Posts by mybee
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Joined May 2011
243 Posts
1-I have the stock Rx with the futaba 10c 72Mhz, I know is a goodRx but futaba have stop sell it...
2-You have to mount the rx far from your Vtx and the antenna have to be hight as possible
3-I don't know, but 72Mhz is a old frequency free for RC things.

You probably can use a booster for 72Mhz: http://www.thanksbuyer.com/fpv-fever...er-72mhz-25009 but becareful, it only work with 2.4Ghz tx or futaba 10c 72Mhz, what is you Tx controler ?

But for my experience, I get more range with dragonlink système now (and more channel). but I always use my 72Mhz for some expériences.

Have fun
traxxalu is offline Find More Posts by traxxalu
Last edited by traxxalu; Yesterday at 08:07 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,131 Posts
Quote:
...Please share something...I'm the only TS member who still driving with 72 MHz...If you can get such a great range and penetration...with similar 72MHz, why I'm not getting that?
No you're not ! Danmor runs the Flintstones summit with 72 mhz radio, a Futaba 7C I sold to him. Rx placement is not a problem, the antenna installation is important. Danmor has it all extended running throuh a plastic tube. He gets pretty long range, maybe not as good as my DL but more long range testing would be needed to verify that. In all video you see with both our trucks, danmor had no range problem and could follow the MS easily. If I wouldn't have a UHF for my planes, I would stay with a cheap 72 mhz radio.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Malaysia, Kedah, Alor Star
Joined Aug 2013
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
...Danmor has it all extended running throuh a plastic tube...
Thanks TraxxasAlu, Thanks to CarGuys...who used to drive with famous TraxxasAlu!

I think we all knew, from basic physics class, that, the lower the radio frequency, the longer the antenna...Correct me if I'm wrong, but the book says, the mininum length for 72 MHz antenna should be at least 1/8 of the radio wavelength. That is about 4 meters long. Just imagine guys, if I want to have 4 meters long of antenna extended, that would be too long and it look very weird as well. What I do for mybee now, is to coil the wire along a pole.

Since you said, Danmor enjoy a very good range with his 72 MHz, I want to follow exactly his setup. What is the point if you follow the book and it doesn't work. I believes, science is always right, until its proven wrong in real world application...

So Danmor...Help me will you?

1) Do you have any detail photos of how you route the antenna?
2) How long is your antenna?
3) where can I find such a long tube, strong and reliable enough to extend the antenna...

Help...help!
mybee is online now Find More Posts by mybee