SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:07 PM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
Help!
twitching problem with GWS R4 PII JR 4Ch FM Pico Receiver

I bought this receiver to use on a foamy, and when I paired it with my JR "Max computer" radio, it works but the elevator servo twitches when I move the aileron. The twitch is worse on some servos than others but it's still there. Any ideas what might be causing this? It doesn't happen when I use the JR PCM receiver, the GWS receiver is PPM, could that have something to do with it? I don't have any other PPM receivers to test on.

Thanks
Jerrod
volto is offline Find More Posts by volto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:40 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,963 Posts
I've always had problems with GWS receivers. It doesn't matter which one, who owns it, or where it is, but I find them to be the bottom of the crap pile for receivers.
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:54 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
I've always had problems with GWS receivers. It doesn't matter which one, who owns it, or where it is, but I find them to be the bottom of the crap pile for receivers.
Sums it up nicely...I have had EXCELLENT results with the corona receivers and you can use the GWS crystal in the single conversion receivers.

I get mine from here: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ERS/Categories
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Oct 16, 2010, 02:14 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,583 Posts
I had about a dozen GWS rx's, they all glitched at least once each flight, usually alot more. I lost several planes to glitch nose-ins, so I switched to Bergs.
Butch777 is online now Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:12 AM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Bergs are the best. Micro stamp 4 channel is perfect for foamies and other smaller craft. And they hold up!!!! I have had them stuck in trees for weeks,
antenna pulled out, in crashes, stepped on etc. And they still work!!
$36 bux plus xtal at aeromicro.com
Best rx I've ever used.

Lucky...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit