HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2003, 02:52 PM
Monterrey NL. Mexico
Joined Oct 2001
319 Posts
How long is the hummingbird tailboom, :)

I would like to know if someone can tell me what is the length of the hummingbird tailboom. I have nice cf tube(wich i'm planning to use as fuse for a scratch slowflyer) but i don't want to cut it and get a short boom or fuse.

Thanks guys.

ermit ...
ermit is offline Find More Posts by ermit
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2003, 02:59 PM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
ermit,

I don't recall the length, but if you are off a bit it won't do any harm. Making it a bit longer will help with the tail rotor by lessening the load a bit and it does not look bad. I added a smigen to mine when I replaced the boom.

Good luck with it!

Steve

PS - aluminum tube also works but is easily dented.....
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Old May 21, 2003, 03:29 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Re: How long is the hummingbird tailboom, :)

Quote:
Originally posted by ermit
I would like to know if someone can tell me what is the length of the hummingbird tailboom. I have nice cf tube(wich i'm planning to use as fuse for a scratch slowflyer) but i don't want to cut it and get a short boom or fuse.

Thanks guys.

ermit ...
Basic rule of thumb: Make it long enough so that the arc of the main rotor blades do no intersect the arc of the tail rotor blades. Longer gives more tail authority as posted. Measured length is 330 mm/or about 13 inches tip end to tip end prior to installation.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
Major USAF
Retired
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Last edited by Hoverup; May 21, 2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old May 21, 2003, 03:48 PM
Monterrey NL. Mexico
Joined Oct 2001
319 Posts
Oooooo... Sadnes ... I can get almost 30 cm of free length out of that cf tube... ... O well, but i'm going to finish with a not so ugly more or less stubenfliege look like plane...

I have some arrows. Maybe they can be converted to booms .

Thank you for the help guys(Huverup and Steve).

ermit.
ermit is offline Find More Posts by ermit