HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:58 PM
Appleton
Joined Sep 2004
75 Posts
November 2009 Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order on Monday November 9th, 2009 at 7:02 pm by Vice President Chris Zangle.

15 members were present.

Secretaryís Report:
The October meeting minutes were read and approved.

Treasurerís Report:
The October treasurerís report was read and approved.

Sod Farm Report:
The field is in good condition. The sod farm officially closes to all flying on November 15th.

Quarry Field Report:
The field is in good condition.
A better method for installing the signs that are now installed in the plastic buckets with concrete needs to be devised. The buckets and cement are cracking over the winter.

Indoor Flying:
No definite schedule has been announced yet.

Old Business:
No old business reported.

New Business:
Hal informed the club that the certificate of deposit number 2 will come due on November 26th. After discussion, it was decided to add $500 to CD number 2 at this time.
Motion: To add $500 to CD number 2. Motion approved.
Show and Auction: Tim suggested that an ad in Model Aviation magazine should be placed now. Also flyers and other advertising should be prepared.
Motion: To approve up to $100 for advertising for the 2010 Show and Auction. Motion approved.
A list of suggested club actions for 2010 was presented. Club members are encouraged to develop other ideas for club development and action for 2010 and present them for consideration.
The December meeting will be our annual holiday season meeting. There will be a short business meeting with the election of officers followed by snacks brought by club members.
Nominations for 2010 officers:
President: Chris Zangle
Vice President: Jay Strauss
Secretary: Nominations needed.
Treasurer: Tim Stadler
Appointed positions:
Field Safety Coordinators and Flight Instructors: Wade Knoke and Jay Strauss.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:36 pm.

Respectfully submitted:
Tom Rodgers, Club Secretary
ButeoBorealis is offline Find More Posts by ButeoBorealis
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:40 PM
Appleton
Joined Sep 2004
75 Posts
December 2009 Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order on Monday December 14th, 2009 at 7:05 pm by Vice President Chris Zangl.

14 members were present.

Secretaryís Report:
The November meeting minutes were read and approved.

Treasurerís Report:
The November treasurerís report was read and approved.

Sod Farm Report:
The field is closed for the season. The porta-potty has been either stolen or moved to an undisclosed location. A decision will be made next year by the club and Mrs. Anderson on the field lease amount and whether the porta-potty will be re-installed.

Quarry Field Report:
No activity reported.

Indoor Flying:
Indoor flying has begun at Carl Traeger Middle School in Oshkosh. The schedule has been posted on the Winnebago Flyers website.

Old Business:
Jay Straussís airplane has been recovered. A full report is on the VAM Forum.

New Business:
Tim Stadler reported on the planning for the VAM 2010 Show and Auction to be held on March 7th. An ad has been placed in Model Aviation magazine. Other forms of advertising will be tried this year such as Craigís List and Face Book.
Tim presented a detailed budget for the show to the club.
Motion: To accept the budgeted expenses for the show and provide funds in the amount of $1,540.00. Motion Approved.

Nomination and Election of officers:
Nominations to offices were:
President: Chris Zangl
Vice President: Jay Strauss
Secretary: Jim Van Linn
Treasurer: Tim Stadler
Motion: To approve the election of the nominees to office as read. Motion approved.

The following appointments were made.
Field Marshall: Kerry Hamilton
Safety Coordinators and Flight Instructors: Wade Knoke and Jay Strauss.

A special commendation for service to the club was given to Hal Jorgensen for his tenure as club treasurer.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm followed by snacks and socializing.

Respectfully submitted:
Tom Rodgers, Club Secretary
ButeoBorealis is offline Find More Posts by ButeoBorealis
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:54 AM
Registered User
timflight1's Avatar
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
588 Posts
Club Meeting Date Change Reminder!!!
The club’s meeting rooms at the Little Chute location will not be available in the year 2010 on January 11th, February 8th and September 13th.
1) January meeting moved from Monday January 11th to Monday January 4th.
2) February meeting moved from Monday February 8th to Monday February 1st.
3) July meeting will be held at Quarry Field.
4) August meeting will be held at the Sod Farm.
5) September meeting moved from Monday September 13th to Monday September 20th.
All other meetings will be held as normal on the second Monday of the month.

Also it's time to renew your membership dues so if you cannot attend a meeting, mail them in as soon as possible.
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2010, 05:30 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,067 Posts
January 4 2010 meeting minutes

16 members were in attendance.



The meeting
was called to order at 7:05 P.M. by president Chris Zangl,

The secretary's report
was read and approved.

The treasurer's report
was read and approved.

Sod farm report;

A police report was made concerning the missing porta potty.
A discussion was held about what should be done with the next one i.e. placement and anchoring it.
Further discussion is needed.

Quarry field report;

The frozen Finger Fun Fly was a success. Approximately 17 people were in attendance.
The field was covered in ice and snow, but all who flew handled the conditions well.
Good food and Fun were had by all.
Thanks to Troy for bringing the generator.
Many thanks to Craige Erfurth for finding the snowplow driver to clear the road for us.
Members are urged to save firewood for next year as one of our picnic tables somehow dissappeared during the day.
A suggestion was made to temporarily enclose the shelter for next year,

Indoor flying;

Player's choice is a weekly question of availability, but there is still flying at Carl Treger. The schedule can be found on the Winnebago Flyer's web site.

Old business;

Show and auction.
A sign up sheet was passed for duties for the show. All members are encouraged to volunteer to help in various duties.
Trophies were purchased for first and second places.
Tim Stadler reached out to a number of vendors for donations, and members were asked to see if their employers or any of their contacts would care to offer services or goods for the raffle.
The raffle license was renewed and prizes were purchased from Galaxy Science and Hobby. The prizes consist of an E-flite MSR helicopter, a DX7 transmitter, an AR6200 receiver and a 40 size Hangar 9 T34 Mentor ARF.
Flyers for the event were sent to the other clubs in the area, and T.V. stations were notified.
Members were asked to place flyers in various businesses. you can get the flyer from Tim or download it from the vam site.
If anyone has a flight simulator to offer for guest use, please contact Tim.
Carl Brown donated a Lite Machine model 10 helicopter and a Prophet series 4 two meter sailplane to be used for the event.
A club clothing vendor will be there.

The website has been updated for events and officers.



New business;

The Flag Day Fun Fly is tentatively scheduled for June 13, but Jay will check the date to see if it will fit in with the annual date requirements.

The electric soaring contest date is still to be determined.
The club representative to the sod farm should contact them for fees.

Solar power for Quarry field was discussed.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 P.M.

The February meeting date is changed to February first. same location and time.

Cautiously submitted,
Jim Van Linn
secretary, Valley Aero Modelers
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; Jan 06, 2010 at 07:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:07 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,067 Posts
February 2010 Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order by – president Chris Zangl at 7:00 P.M.
There were 20 members and guests present.

Secretary’s Report:
The January meeting minutes were read and approved.

Treasurer’s Report:
The January treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Sod Farm Report:
The sod farm is closed for the season.

Quarry Field Report:
The lock on the shed was changed to the type used on the gate.


Indoor Flying:
will be at Carl Traeger as player’s choice has become less available.

Old business :
Show and auction
A sign up sheet for volunteers to help with the show and auction was passed around. We will need members to help with security for model displays that spill over into the bar area.
Bad Brad Graphics has been confirmed as a vendor to be present. Galaxy Science and Hobby will also be there.
We are waiting for others such as EAA, Green Bay Packers, Micro Fasteners, Troy Built, AeroWorks and Hobby Pacific.
This is the last meeting before the show and auction, so please make your contacts now and let Tim Stadler know of any items you are able to procure.

Flag Day Fun Fly
The date has been confirmed for Sunday June 13th

Sail plain contest
To be determined.

Hand launch contest
Date to be determined

New business:
Little Chute Library is looking for gifts from the club. A motion was made to donate the rest of the vam and galaxy gliders to the Little Chute library and was unanimously approved.
The new AMA introductory pilot program was presented by Tim Stadler. Details of this program can be found at the AMA web site.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 P.M.

Respectfully submitted,
Jim Van Linn
Secretary, Valley Aero Modelers
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; Feb 06, 2010 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:41 PM
Cox Engine Hoarder
Jason_WI's Avatar
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Jun 2004
571 Posts
Where's the March meeting minutes?????
Jason_WI is online now Find More Posts by Jason_WI
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 04:42 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,067 Posts
coming soon to a forum near you.
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:16 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,067 Posts
March 2010 meeting minutes

MARCH 8,2010 MEETING MINUTES

The meetring was called to order at 7:05 P.M. by president Chris Zangl
13 members were present

Secretary report
The secretary's report was read and approved.

Treasurer's report
The treasurer's report was read and approved.


Sod Farm report
Sod farm still closed. Discussion on the placement and form of anchoring the porta potty was held.
It was decided to delay further discussion as a conclusion was not met.
The fee structure for use of the sod farm was put off till next meeting. more members need to be present to participate in this discussion as the flying season in near, and we need more input from members.


Quarry Field report
Possible rent change was discussed. Todd will contact Appleton.
As of the date of the meeting there was plenty of snow left on the ground. care should be taken if members wish to use the field.
Field marshall Kerry Hamilton found the gate lock unsecured. It appeared to be B2 squared's lock that was open. Appleton was notified.
The trainer boxes were charged and stored. A buddy cable for JR- Spektrum is needed.
Flight station barriers need to be repaired or replaced. a discussion was held on alternate materials used for the barriers. the discussion will continue at next meeting.


Indoor flying
Carl Tregor until 4/25.


Old business
A propane gas operated refrigerator will be available to the club in the spring when access to the place it is stored is obtained.
A 100 pound tank of propane will be needed for the operation of the refrigerator.

The flag day fun fly is confirned for Sunday June 13. Jay Strauss will have all the information.

An electric fun fly was discussed for September.


New business
Vam has achieved Gold leader club satus for another year. congratulations to all vam members.
25 balsa gliders were donated to the Little Chute public library for their summer rwding program.
The show and auction results are in and we had the best year to date. good job to all who helped make it a success.
There was good feedback from the vendors that paticipated in the event. The wave was very pleased with vam.
A reminder to club members to sign their checks when applying for memberships.
Paid members now number 55.
Field leveling was discussed. included in the discussion was the need for a supply of dirt, and possible rolling of the field and renting a heavy roller.
A work day for repairs needs to be schedueled.

EAA.
Saturday - Sunday, March 20-21, 2010
10:00AM - 4:00PM

Family Flightfest
Event Tag(s): *Model Aircraft *Museum & History
EAA AirVenture Museum, Oshkosh, WI
A full weekend of family activities guaranteed to cure those mid-winter blues. Family Flightfest provides exciting interactive activities for kids of all ages. Try your hand at modeling, paper airplanes, aviation art, pedal planes, simulators and more! All activities are included in regular museum admission. EAA members are free.

http://www.airventuremuseum.org

Contact: Kathy Hanson
Phone: 920-426-6135, Send an Email


Meeting was adjourned at 7:52 P.M.

the secretary wishes to appologize for the late filing of these minutes.
With deep apologies
Jim Van Linn
secretary
valley aero modelers.
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; Mar 16, 2010 at 06:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 04:59 PM
Registered User
riterudder59's Avatar
Shiocton, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2006
183 Posts
The mower should be ready to go. Blades,Oil and filter and air filter all changed. I will be out on Monday to grease it up.

Craig
riterudder59 is offline Find More Posts by riterudder59
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 06:44 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
12 Posts
...
harrier212 is offline Find More Posts by harrier212
Last edited by harrier212; Apr 17, 2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: error
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:07 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,067 Posts
April 12, 2010

The Meetingwas called to order (with 16 members & 2 visitors present) at 7:00 PM.

Secretary's Report
The Secretary's Report of the March minutes was read and approved.

Treasurer's Report
Treasurer's report was read and approved.

Sod Farm report
The Field is open and in good condition.
6 VAM members gathered at the sod-farm recently and enjoyed good thermals for an afternoon of great flying.
New porta-potty will be placed next to the frequency pin box in the next week or so.
Tom Rodgers has stepped down as VAM Field Marshal for the sod-farm. Tom Abendroth has volunteered to serve as the new Field Marshal.
VAM VP Jay Strauss made a motion to officially recognize Tom Rodgers' service as VAM's Field Marshal at the sod-farm for the last 4 years. A hearty thanks was extended by all members present. Motion carried.

Quarry Field Report
Field Marshal Kerry Hamilton reports that Quarry Field is in good condition, except for the following, and is being used.
Materials to repair/replace damaged flight-line barriers are needed. Also needed is gravel to fill in around the storage sheds and low spots in the parking lots.Funds were approved ($340.00)by members for both of these projects. A new JR buddy box cord has been purchased as well.
New signage is needed to replace old worn signs currently in place on the field and in the frequency board.
The club lawn mower has been serviced and cleaned by Field marshal Hamilton, and the runway was rolled by VAM member Mike Stoop (Thanks Mike!).

Old Business
Indoor flying
The final indoor flight session for the year at Carl Tregor School in Oshkosh will be on 4/25.

New Business
VAM now owns a propane powered refrigerator/freezer which was donated. Purchase of a 60 lb. tank ($170) was proposed and approved by members. Wade Knoke & Jim Van Linn will install it in the Main shed at Quarry field

VAM's Powered Flight Ground School training will be held at Quarry Field on Saturday, May 8,2010 from 9:00 AM -3:00PM. All instructors (and prospective instructors) and students should plan on attending.
At that time we will go over AMA rules and regulations and special rules and procedures in effect at Quarry Field. We will then pre-flight and adjust student trainer planes and then break for lunch. Students;Please make sure your trainer planes are completed (properly balanced and engine pre-run) prior to attending. After lunch, students will pair up with an instructor and have their planes test-flown and then hook up to the buddy box for their first flight.

Materials to repair/replace damaged flight-line barriers at Quarry Field are needed. Also needed is gravel to fill in around the storage sheds and low spots in the parking lots.Funds were approved ($340.00) by members for both of these projects.
A new JR buddy box cord has been purchased as well.

Contest Director Jay Strauss has requested funds (in the amount of $200) to purchase raffle prizes for the Flag Day Fly-In on June 13th. Decision for this was tabled until the May meeting.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:34PM

(Secretary Jim Van Linn was unable to attend the meeting in time to take notes for the minutes. VAM V.P. Jay Strauss filled in.)

Minutes respectfully submitted,

Jay Strauss
VAM Vice president
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by szastoupil; Apr 20, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Copied Jay's formatted submission and Removed Jay's minutes post.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:32 AM
Scott Zastoupil
szastoupil's Avatar
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttwister View Post
VAM April Meeting Minutes
Materials to repair/replace damaged flight-line barriers at Quarry Field are needed. Also needed is gravel to fill in around the storage sheds and low spots in the parking lots.Funds were approved ($340.00) by members for both of these projects.
A new JR buddy box cord has been purchased as well.
Thank you Jim and Jay. It appears this was pasted twice into the minutes. Also, I don't know who did what, but also want to thank Craig for his mechanical handiness for overseeing the lawn mower maintenance. Thanks Kerry and Craig for keeping things in line.

Scott
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:17 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by szastoupil View Post
Thank you Jim and Jay. It appears this was pasted twice into the minutes. Also, I don't know who did what, but also want to thank Craig for his mechanical handiness for overseeing the lawn mower maintenance. Thanks Kerry and Craig for keeping things in line.

Scott
i wasn't able to take the minutes this month, so jay was kind enough to do so for me. WHAT A GREAT FRIEND HE IS.

i just copied jay's post to the meeting minutes page. he must not have been aware of the thread's location.
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
James Gang #1
Cykhoi1's Avatar
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Jan 2005
290 Posts
May Meeting Minutes

VAM Minutes for May 10, 2010 Club Meeting

7:00PM Meeting Called to order by VAM President, Chris Zangl: 13 members present and 4 visitors.

Secretary’s report: minutes were unavailable, but has been posted on the Club website and is approved by membership.

Treasurer’s Report: was read into the record by Treas. Tim Stadler and approved by members.

Sod Farm Report- Field Marshal Tom Abendroth advised that the field is in good condition but harvesting of the sod has begun and he reminded members to keep off of these areas.

Quarry Field Report-Field Marshal Kerry Hamilton advised that the gravel he ordered for the parking lots and around the sheds & porta-potty has been delivered and spread by VAM member Dan Bubolz. Kerry & Jay Strauss repaired flight station barriers and in put them place. Quarry field in general is in good enough that a clean-up party is not needed this year, although the runway has a few bare spots and the roof over the sandbox needs to be covered (shingles) in the next year. Kerry also reports that some persons are not paying for their cans of soda at the field. We use the honor system and if this problem persists, we might have to increase the cost to make up the difference. We understand that you may be caught short of cash on a visit, but make up for it on your next visit.

Old Business-Wade Knoke reports that the propane-powered refrigerator that was donated to us is broken and is too expensive to repair to warrant the cost. The topic was discussed by the membership and it was decided that it is more feasible to hold fund raisers (brat-fry, carwashes, etc) this season and raise the money for a new refrigerator to be purchased next year.
-Flag Day Fly-In: Jay Strauss (CD) confirms that everything is ready for the Fun Fly on June 13 at Quarry Field and formally requested $300 in funds for Raffle prizes and food supplies. A motion was made and approved. Jay also needs volunteers to help out before (Field set-up), and at the event (Gate greeting & direction duty, parking cars, registration of participants, security/P.R., food prep/cooking and serving, and an announcer for the PA system). Please contact Jay if you can help.
-Ground School: has been rescheduled for this Saturday 5/15/10 due to inclement weather last weekend. Some new members of the club showed anyway and were surprised to find an empty field. The last minute changes were announced on the VAM Forums, but not everyone got the word. We apologize for the inconvenience and will in the future do a mass emailing to members along with the forum posting.

New Business- Treasurer Tim Stadler advised that one of the Club’s Certificate of Deposits is coming due and asked what our wishes are. After discussion, it was decided by the member that we would simply roll it over and continue it as a CD. Tim also brought in Club Apparel for sale and advised of new changes that are being considered for future apparel.

Meeting Adjourned at 7:56 PM

Respectfully submitted by
Jay Strauss-VAM Vice-President for Secretary Jim Van Linn
Cykhoi1 is offline Find More Posts by Cykhoi1
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 08:35 AM
Registered User
timflight1's Avatar
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
588 Posts
I didn't catch this but in the April meeting minutes it stated the club lawn mower has been serviced and cleaned by Field marshal Hamilton. Actually Craig Ehrfurth stored the battery all winter, sharpened the blades and changed the oil, etc. Just want to be sure the right member is recognized for his efforts. I think it was just a typo in either the minutes or at the club meeting. Also not to take anything away from Kerry and he does a tremendous amount of work at the field and his efforts should also be recognized. Kerry's got the field in pretty darn good shape this year.
Tim
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools