HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by kevin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 09:48 AM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,582 Posts
Alert
E-Jets International 2014 / VENUE CHANGE !!!!

E-Jets international is back. The TORKS RC club has decided to bring back E-Jets International.

Now at Darby Dan Airport in Columbus Ohio.

The official event will be held September 5-7th. September 4th will be held as an open flying date but you can still come earlier in the week to fly if you want.
The format this year will be similar to previous years with flying time separated between sub 100mph aircraft and hand-launched airframes, and higher performance airframes with landing gear. The event will have a more relaxed feel this year as we get used to holding event s at our new facility. We also want to have it more pilot focused. There will be some awards for particular aircraft as in the past, but we have decided to forgo the competitions for this year (We will still have the radar gun there this year. We will keep track of aircraft speeds for the event, but were not going to stop general flying for a contest). We might have a mid-day show on Saturday only but we won’t have a candy drop or an aircraft flyover as in the past. Turbines allowed after 5pm if you are a registered E-Jets pilot.

We are moving the venue for this year's E-jets International from Deer Creek State Park back to the spacious Darby Dan Airport. For those that don't know, Darby Dan is a private airport with 5000' of unobstructed runway. The 2.5 inches of rain we had last week has our paving project once again on hold, and rather wait till the last minute with our fingers crossed, we thought it would be prudent to make the change to a proven jet flying facility. We have reached an agreement with Best Western Suites, 10 minutes from Darby Dan, as our headquarters hotel. Rates are $78.00 plus tax, and we have plenty of rooms available. Mention E-Jets for the discounted rates. Phone is, 614-870-2378. Darby Dan is a serious jet flying facility with hangar storage for models and plenty of room for primitive on site camping. If you are a registered E-Jets pilot and have a turbine aircraft, bring it along. We will be opening the site for turbine aircraft each day after 5:00 IF there are enough models present. Naturally higher performance EDFs can fly during these times also. We will have tents for rent if anyone is interested. Please contact Kevin or myself directly for pricing. TORKS goal has always been to run our Jet events with class and the proper way. This venue change will guarantee that happens. September yet? Thanks, Terry Nitsch
September yet?
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kevin; Jul 22, 2014 at 08:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:13 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,879 Posts
Congratulations on the return of EJI Kevin! I`ve never been able to attend, but I still enjoy all of the pics, vids and reports. Maybe someday I`ll be able to make the trip. Lee
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:50 AM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,756 Posts
That's great news Kevin!
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
Old Feb 15, 2014, 04:36 PM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Nov 2002
1,733 Posts
I am so there. Is it September yet?

Dan Eaton
eatond is offline Find More Posts by eatond
Old Feb 15, 2014, 07:25 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,823 Posts
Wow looks like a great place to fly! Well done Kevin and the Torqs crew The lodge sounds perfect.

I dont have any electric planes now though
gunradd is online now Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Feb 15, 2014, 08:03 PM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,582 Posts
We are excited to bring this back. As you might imagine, we have had many inquiries over the last year. We finally had the opportunity to expand this new facility to be able to handle events. The park management has been great to work with. I am excited to try some of the other activities at the park as well, especially the golf course

Kris, I have a few planes you can borrow for the event, nice try
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Old Feb 16, 2014, 06:58 AM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,451 Posts
Finally a good news , thank you Kevin . I will let me Canadian friends know about the change and mark the date in my calendar....
Super !!
bidule is online now Find More Posts by bidule
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:10 AM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,582 Posts
I already have visions of the maple leaf flying outside your cabin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:03 PM
Ottawa Canada
Joined Feb 2004
761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I already have visions of the maple leaf flying outside your cabin
Yeah we did our part in being some of the international guys who came down from Canada for E-Jets International

We are still hosting our little EDF event "FAN-FAIR in Ottawa Canada
set for June 21 2014
Ken Park is offline Find More Posts by Ken Park
Last edited by Ken Park; Feb 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 01:46 PM
Joined Sep 2003
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidule View Post
Finally a good news , thank you Kevin . I will let me Canadian friends know about the change and mark the date in my calendar....
Super !!
JC and Ken, it will be really great to have the Canadians back at E-Jets! The club is working very hard to make our new site "Jet Friendly". You guys should definately consider renting one of the waterfront cabins. Sleeps six, nice kitchen and fire pit outside. The perfect retreat. Were also going to have a party at the lodge Saturday night for attendees and friends. The lodge is very close to the cabins. The new flying site is rustic, private and very Canadian looking. It's a good place to be!! Terry
Terry N is online now Find More Posts by Terry N
Old Feb 16, 2014, 03:37 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,451 Posts
Hello Terry ,
Already contact all the friends and spread the news about this event. For me YES to a big cabane with the lake..
Let us know how to make the reservations.
I will be there , I receive the OK from the boss....
September yet
I ad some pictures of the jets I will bring with me
bidule is online now Find More Posts by bidule
Old Feb 16, 2014, 03:43 PM
Joined Sep 2003
423 Posts
JC it will be an honor to have you folks back. The "Boss" might want to come along and bring her furry friend. There is an extensive horse back riding area at the park! Good to hear from you my friend. I'll post how to best make the reservations this week.
Terry N is online now Find More Posts by Terry N
Old Feb 16, 2014, 04:26 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,296 Posts
Good news the event coming back this year. Looking forward to it.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:15 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatond View Post
I am so there. Is it September yet?

Dan Eaton

Hey wait just a minute buster, don't you mean is it May, then September YET?
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Feb 17, 2014, 04:47 PM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Nov 2002
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Hey wait just a minute buster, don't you mean is it May, then September YET
Rest assured Bob, I haven't forgotten the EDF Jet Jam in May. We are so lucky to have two great EDF events now. One in May to start off the flying season and another in September to finish off the season. It's just Spetember is safely way off in the future and May is right around the corner. I got work to do yet to be ready and May will be here quick enough without me rushing it.

This is going to be an awsome EDF flying season coming up.

Dan Eaton
eatond is offline Find More Posts by eatond