Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:46 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
Ok - I have updates.

We now have a fairly reliable end of June delivery estimate for the Freewing 90mm F-18 V2.

Updates:
1) Carbon fiber has been used to strengthen the fuse and main wing in order to suit the larger power system
2) The power system has been upgraded to a larger motor and the new Freewing metal 90mm 12 blade EDF to provide more thrust and better sound
3) Assembly and transport has been greatly improved. No more glue.
4) Horizontal stab and elevator have been strengthened and the elevator control structure has been improved
5) Improved flap control for more precise landings

This model is still EPS for less weight.

Whew, thanks Tom. It was tough holding out for it but glad I did. As it came with a few other small updates to better increase it's value and durability. Thanks!
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:58 AM
United States, IL, Lake Barrington
Joined Dec 2012
314 Posts
I should correct one thing. You need a tiny bit of glue. While the airframe is assembled with screws, the nose cone needs glue as does the weapons pylon (however the weapons attach with a magnet so they are easy to remove)
Tom.MotionRC is offline Find More Posts by Tom.MotionRC
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:07 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,180 Posts
Quote:
I should correct one thing. You need a tiny bit of glue. While the airframe is assembled with screws, the nose cone needs glue as does the weapons pylon (however the weapons attach with a magnet so they are easy to remove)
Thats ok Tom.

What about the vertical stabs? The manual looks to say you need glue there. Or are they bolted as well?
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:59 PM
It's watts for dinner
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
939 Posts
ON my V1 I actually used a magnet for the nose cone - I just CA'd a block of scrap foam to mount a magnet on, and embedded the second magnet in the tip of the fuselage. I never had a problem with it coming off., except when it was supposed to. I recommend that method for easier transport, assuming the mold hasn't substantially changed in the V2.
sjw985 is online now Find More Posts by sjw985
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:17 AM
United States, WI, Lone Rock
Joined May 2013
351 Posts
Just confirming whether the new batch of 1700mm Corsairs is a couple weeks out and if so, will that batch include spare 1700mm Corsair retracts (avail as spare parts)?
Razer8811 is offline Find More Posts by Razer8811
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:08 AM
Joined Dec 2012
314 Posts
Yes, there are more 1700mm Corsair coming. We actually have the spare retracts in stock now. The retracts on the corsair spare parts page are old and no longer used. We have the new retract in limited batches until the next shipment arrives (hopefully this week) so we have not put them on the 1700mm Corsair page.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 24, 2014, 02:29 PM
Joined May 2013
351 Posts
Are they on your website Tom? I don't see 1700mm Corsair retracts on your retracts page.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 01:58 AM
Joined Dec 2012
314 Posts
They are actually hidden right now. We can get you a set but it is over the phone only at the moment. We only have 8 sets in stock but the next shipment from the FMS factory should be arriving late this week or early next at which time we will have a ton and can put them on the site.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 25, 2014, 07:12 PM
Joined May 2013
351 Posts
Tom, you posted at 2:00 AM... Either you are overseas or you need to get some sleep buddy; it's only model airplanes.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 07:30 PM
Eyes on the ball
U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2003
261 Posts
Yeeha, UPS just delivered my V2 F18 from MOTION RC btw y'all are the best!!!
flyboss is offline Find More Posts by flyboss
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer8811 View Post
Tom, you posted at 2:00 AM... Either you are overseas or you need to get some sleep buddy; it's only model airplanes.
lol - I'm here in IL. We often talk to Freewing and FMS late at night since time zones are nearly polar opposite. This leads to little sleep on occasion but also leads to better airplanes!
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 26, 2014, 06:27 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Aug 2013
121 Posts
Quote:
lol - I'm here in IL. We often talk to Freewing and FMS late at night since time zones are nearly polar opposite. This leads to little sleep on occasion but also leads to better airplanes!
/like
colemn615 is online now Find More Posts by colemn615