Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: how many of you that view this fly scale
scale warbirds 1 25.00%
scale civilian 0 0%
I fly Both 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 20, 2004, 03:08 PM
Puff Daddy
albuquerque,nm
Joined Jan 2004
24 Posts
Question
saito 100

I just purchased a Saito 100 four stroke and would like to ask anybody's opinion of this engine and experiences particulary experience with the amount it is capable of pulling at a reasonable speed. Mine is going into a fiberglassed top flite 182 that is going to weigh about 13lbs. I have a os91fs in my other one and it weighs 11lbs and flies fine. Thanks Randy k.
randy k is offline Find More Posts by randy k
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2004, 03:22 PM
Proud Pro Bro # 13
Ulf Rieder's Avatar
Houston, TX
Joined Jun 2003
1,762 Posts
first of all, your poll should also include a line where it says both. Let me know if you want me to include that.

Ok as for the Saito 100. I had one on a 3D ship, and it had unlimited vertical at about 8 lbs. It is a very nice and strong motor. My Saito 100 was very very reliable and just ran perfect. It absolutely loved the Pro Zinger 15x6 prop.
For the Top Flite 182 however I would consider something bigger. Probably a Saito 150. I had a Top Flite Mentor T-34 with a Saito 120, and it was just enough. Weight was around 14 lbs.
Good luck

Ulf
Ulf Rieder is offline Find More Posts by Ulf Rieder
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 03:33 PM
Puff Daddy
albuquerque,nm
Joined Jan 2004
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ulf Rieder
first of all, your poll should also include a line where it says both. Let me know if you want me to include that.

Ok as for the Saito 100. I had one on a 3D ship, and it had unlimited vertical at about 8 lbs. It is a very nice and strong motor. My Saito 100 was very very reliable and just ran perfect. It absolutely loved the Pro Zinger 15x6 prop.
For the Top Flite 182 however I would consider something bigger. Probably a Saito 150. I had a Top Flite Mentor T-34 with a Saito 120, and it was just enough. Weight was around 14 lbs.
Good luck

Ulf
Want to take it to the scale masters and need to keep the engine inside the cowel. It has a new cowel that I made from scratch that transforms the airplane into a new t182t.
randy k is offline Find More Posts by randy k
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 03:41 PM
Proud Pro Bro # 13
Ulf Rieder's Avatar
Houston, TX
Joined Jun 2003
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by randy k
Want to take it to the scale masters and need to keep the engine inside the cowel. It has a new cowel that I made from scratch that transforms the airplane into a new t182t.
ah OK. Well like mentioned eqarlier, the Saito 100 is a fine and strong running engine. If it fits inside, then go for it. It will fly it probably very scale.
Good luck with the project.

Ulf
Ulf Rieder is offline Find More Posts by Ulf Rieder
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 03:42 PM
Puff Daddy
albuquerque,nm
Joined Jan 2004
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by randy k
Want to take it to the scale masters and need to keep the engine inside the cowel. It has a new cowel that I made from scratch that transforms the airplane into a new t182t.
ps go ahead and fix my vote to war, civilian or both. Thanks, Randy k
randy k is offline Find More Posts by randy k
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 06:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2004
22 Posts
I'm not trying to be a smartelic or insulting but next time you might wanna ask before you buy. I learned that a couple days ago.
Mongusman is offline Find More Posts by Mongusman
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 06:48 PM
Registered User
northern indiana
Joined Oct 2003
122 Posts
saito 100

you will have no problem with the saito 100 in it. Some people want way too much engine in alot of planes. It really ruins the concept of flying on the wings. Just be realistic with your cessna and you will have no problem. Be sure to use after run oil. My buddy has had some bearing problems with his 100's.

Good luck and attach some pics of your cessna

Geebeeman21
GeeBeeMan21 is offline Find More Posts by GeeBeeMan21
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 09:01 PM
Puff Daddy
albuquerque,nm
Joined Jan 2004
24 Posts
Re: saito 100

Quote:
Originally posted by GeeBeeMan21
you will have no problem with the saito 100 in it. Some people want way too much engine in alot of planes. It really ruins the concept of flying on the wings. Just be realistic with your cessna and you will have no problem. Be sure to use after run oil. My buddy has had some bearing problems with his 100's.

Good luck and attach some pics of your cessna

Geebeeman21
Thanks, I don't think alot of people understand that the Hobby Shop is going to sell you the biggest engine they can $$$. Alot people of people don't understand scale flight. I have a cessna 182 with a os,fs91 that has won 3 scale fly in's, it weighs 11lbs. The saito is supposed to be a much stronger engine. The plane is currently under construction but I will email you photos when availible. P.S. To anyone who see's this a full Cessna fly's at about 120mph on a good day. You do the math it's fith scale.
randy k is offline Find More Posts by randy k
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2004, 09:46 AM
Proud Pro Bro # 13
Ulf Rieder's Avatar
Houston, TX
Joined Jun 2003
1,762 Posts
Re: Re: saito 100

Quote:
Originally posted by randy k
P.S. To anyone who see's this a full Cessna fly's at about 120mph on a good day. You do the math it's fith scale.
Does that mean a 1/8 scale Cessna would fly at 15mph ?
I don't think this rule of thumb of scale RC flying speed is actually a good one, because in this case the Saito 100 might be to much power for your Cessna.

Ulf
Ulf Rieder is offline Find More Posts by Ulf Rieder
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools