HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:42 AM
Joined Jun 2008
61 Posts
Hey guys, need some advice. Im tunning my FY41AP lite. So far i have two problems. The first one is low throttle on adh or rtl. There are two things that i noticed. First is the airspeed. I changed the value of airspeed adjustment to max 255 but it shows 10km lower from gps speed on calm day. I set the cruise speed to 60km but it never tried to reach that speed. I checked the throttle set up on gcs and it shows 73%. The second is the artificial horizon indicator. It wobbly even when the plane is on thw ground and sstationary. Is this two things related? Thx
Tramstop is offline Find More Posts by Tramstop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:25 AM
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramstop View Post
Hey guys, need some advice. Im tunning my FY41AP lite. So far i have two problems. The first one is low throttle on adh or rtl. There are two things that i noticed. First is the airspeed. I changed the value of airspeed adjustment to max 255 but it shows 10km lower from gps speed on calm day. I set the cruise speed to 60km but it never tried to reach that speed. I checked the throttle set up on gcs and it shows 73%. The second is the artificial horizon indicator. It wobbly even when the plane is on thw ground and sstationary. Is this two things related? Thx
You have the get the ASI and GPS to match before the Cruise Throttle will behave correctly. Try starting at 150 to 180 K factor and adjust in small measures up or down.
60KPH sounds to low for a speed target thats only about 38 mph, near a stall in a 20 mph downwind situation. Try disconnecting the ASI and just fly around at full speed, take the average speed and reduce it by 15%. Use that as the target speed. Then set up the ASI. Dont forget the Initialize before every flight when setting up and always first flight. We have found that the ASI is prone to temperature changes as it warms up.

Re the Horizon, it;'s been like that since OSD update 1.15 and they dont seem to care.
BigTradioman is offline Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Last edited by BigTradioman; Jul 18, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 04:30 AM
Türkiye, Eskişehir
Joined Apr 2011
128 Posts
i gone to field today. and be sure i need to make a checklist.... flied appox. 15 min. and doesnot start recording in first flight.... and forgot to charge batteries on my handheld camera so very limited takeoff landing videos.

however i did my personal best landing when we couldnot record it still have some footage.. gonna edit and upload them whenever i finish.

just a quote from another topic. if you know the answer pls feel free to share
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavil194 View Post
hi everyone again. maybe you could remember me

i started to FPV and doing test on ground and air. using turnigy d 3542 /1000kv motor with 11x4.7 sf prop. going to upgrade 12x6 and bought reamer as AussieHoppy suggested. just waiting for shippment.

in calm no wind day what is the approx stall speed of 2014 1900 mm skywalekr with 2,1 Kg weight... according to my OSD it is 29-30 km. below that point first tip stall on either wings than complete stall is immenent.
i just want to know you guys Stall speed and compare and make precauting to it...

another thing is i saw few of you guys claimed cruiseing with just 5-6 Amps. i can barely cruise at 29-30 km/hr 6 amps with these inefficient 11 prop.

my real question is how can i measure and know my limits? currently i am using 5A 3s 30 c lipo and using fy41ap. the consumed current ma gauge and ground lipo charging ma doesnot match like 1700 on osd actually it take 2300ma in charger.

i decided to look on Volt to measure if i have some juice left... it is 0,2 off (12,6v fully charged and on osd it is 12,4v)on voltmeter but volt is scales too much.
when i give full throttle motor pulls 30 or so amp and volt goes to 10,7v on osd but no sign of losing power etc. when gliding only with servos 0,1 A volt goes back up to 11,6.

one side question about C rate... for exp. 5000ma 30c lipo can give constant 150A am i right? but as we consume lipo ma drops i guess... so after 2000 mah consumed we left with 3000 mah theoraticly.

so now this lipo can only supply 90 A constant. as times goes the rating goes below. so using max thr on motor and consume 30 A this lipo can safely suppyl fullthr until it left 1000mah. am i correct on this? i just made some direct simple logic and just guessing this... it could be plain wrong.

and about people using 4s rather than 3s. on KV thing. it should give some rpm on motor on 3rdstage rather than using 3s need to use 4th stage on thr. can you explain me how does 4s better than 3s other then using less throttle motor still turns same rpm and same current still pulling...

best regards.
Kavil194 is offline Find More Posts by Kavil194
Last edited by Kavil194; Jul 18, 2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:11 PM
Joined Sep 2013
30 Posts
Anybody tried to use 3DR or HKpilot radio set to transmit telemetry data? Feiyu tech one way too expensive for me.

thanks
buffalome is online now Find More Posts by buffalome