Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 12, 2013, 03:25 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
I've noticed that when called on these arguments, the reaction is unlike the reactions of others that push these ideologies. Very much like "No skin" in the game type arguing. Pick and choose which laws to obey and live by and also which ones to enforce. All arguments are based on emotions of others, yet there is zero emotion involved from the one arguing the ideologies. Total and absolute detachment. Yet zero enthusiasm or passion that would normally follow someones complete believe in the arguments being argued.
maybe I am a robot?
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Apr 12, 2013, 03:28 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
Who is a hypocrite and what would it even matter? What I posted is the truth. It is true whether or not the people giving the message followed it 100% in their own lives. The message isn't JUST don't have sex. It is you shouldn't and this is why. You don't have to then give them a condom. We don't give young people beer or cigarettes and they still somehow get them. Tell them why IF they are going to have sex they would want to use a condom. Do boys not respect girls enough anymore to accept no as an answer? Do girls think they NEED to say yes to be popular? How does handing them all condoms effect how that could be answered?
I see your point... being a hypocrite doesn't matter one way or the other.

The hypocrites I was talking about are some of our religious leaders...as this type of morality is based on religious beliefs.

condoms would help stop the spread of STD's.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post

The hypocrites I was talking about are some of our religious leaders...as this type of morality is based on religious beliefs.

Citing the bible doesn't make it wrong. It is simply an ineffective way to reach an audience beyond their congregation. Condoms COULD stop the spread of STD's though so would not having sex or having sex with fewer partners. The problem with handing them out in school is the mixed message it sends. We know young people have urges. Giving them condoms is treating them as if we expect them to give into them. That kind of message is not without consequences. So why give them out? Can they not find them? They are sold most everywhere.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Apr 12, 2013, 03:55 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,202 Posts
I'm honestly not sure what the right answer is here.

the town I live in, may or may not, still have the highest teen pregnancy rate in the state.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 04:20 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
maybe I am a robot?
That explains the programming. Thanks for clearing it up.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 12, 2013, 04:23 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
That explains the programming. Thanks for clearing it up.
maybe it's because I'm a Buddha?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 04:32 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcj View Post
i actually have no problem with free birth control. In high school i always carried a dozen or so trojans in my glove box. I would much rather loose 75 cents and try to help prevent something that would change a lot of lives for a one night stand. Personally i believe in marriage first, but the that is something that is a personal choice. That shame is that so many people think about pleasure first and the hell with the outcomes.

As i have said many times, i believe abortion creates a real problem for a lot of women who realize later in life what they did and cannot get rid of the guilt and pain and seek help that doesn't come cheap.

But we must admit that as a society we have supported poor choices for too long and enabled piss poor behavior patterns that need to change. Nothing makes a person start thinking like having to pay for their mistakes. If it never costs them anything, what is the incentive to do things right.
You Naughty Boy!
Most young men and woman I would hope are very concerned about an unwanted pregnancy and hopefully take precautions, but there are obviously those that could care less and just enjoy the fun until they realise what all that fun can create. I believe for the most part education ie sex ed is paramount in exposing and preparing young adults to the challenges they will no doubt face as they enter this stage in life, and not doing so based on moral issues is totally unrealistic IMO. Maybe someone here can post some statistics on which group(s) of woman are having abortions and or most likely to seek an abortion and that would give a clearer picture of where the problems exist.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Last edited by Libelle201B; Apr 12, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 04:49 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
maybe it's because I'm a Buddha?
playing on your terms, sure.
You and I however can disagree with what the word Buddha actually means though, but that won't change what is. Only what we call you.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
maybe I am a robot?
And there's the pitch,..... slow and over the plate.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Apr 12, 2013, 05:16 PM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
with the government's money.

Do you want to stop abortions or not?
The government does not have any money, they only have what they steal from us.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Apr 12, 2013, 05:29 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
So why haven't we changed the approach we take as society. We seem to pick and choose what information we pay attention to .
As society expands and populations flock to urban centers for employment and education it's quite understandable why the culture and family discipline of a rural life has slowly eroded. Given that fact it's paramount that todays kids be educated as to what problems they will most certainly face as they enter puberty.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Apr 12, 2013, 08:36 PM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:

How 'bout the Leftist hypocrites that scream the loudest about helping their fellow man...

...then give less to charity by far than the right-wingers.

I'm not religious at all, but I will acknowledge that churches do a lot of good things for people through charities, soup kitchens, shelters, etc.
WingNut64 is offline Find More Posts by WingNut64