Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:49 PM
uts
5 buck chuck
Joined Mar 2012
17 Posts
this screen was made for 16:9 from a dvd. composite video has never looked so good. not distortion I can see. ignore moiré pattern from my photo. can't even complain about poor detail with black images, b/c lots of hdtv led/lcds have the same issue. problem is all of my cameras are 4:3. too bad it didn't have a mode where it'll not stretch 4:3 source.
uts is offline Find More Posts by uts
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:05 AM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Raawwr! I just tried my screen for the first time and it doesn't work. I got it from a different seller, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310588801351
and the screen has a ton of horizontal lines running with the colors that it should be displaying. Well, luckily eBay has buyer protection
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:18 PM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,483 Posts
just got mine today. I dont have a plug for the power, so Ill try to open it up and solder. Is it marked well inside so I know positive from negative?

I also dont have a cable for the video plug....I do have some 3.5mm plugs that fit right, but I wouldnt know which wire is which.....is this what I need to order?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/white-Video-...item53ef58fe33

Heres a US seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Video-...item4d02f56bd7
Cabledawg1 is offline Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:34 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2005
127 Posts
I ordered mine from the same guy before I saw this thread. I got it last week and it works great. I used this guys post to solder the wires correctly. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=47

Also be carful of the video ribbon, its not very big and in kind of an awkward place if you have big hands. The two little black tabs on either side of the ribbon lift up which releases it from the socket.
carrera0to60 is offline Find More Posts by carrera0to60
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:02 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1 View Post
just got mine today. I dont have a plug for the power, so Ill try to open it up and solder. Is it marked well inside so I know positive from negative?

I also dont have a cable for the video plug....I do have some 3.5mm plugs that fit right, but I wouldnt know which wire is which.....is this what I need to order?

Heres a US seller
Yes, that cable works perfect. I think the red rca cable will be the video in.
Also, if you have a multimeter you can test which one is ground. Just put it in the beeping mode and touch any metal part and the part you think is ground.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:22 AM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,483 Posts
Got mine to work. Opened it up and soldered the power wires. Then I found a plug that was close for AV....it had 3 wires in it....I hooked the ground to both Audio and Video, then tried the other 2 till it worked. Im going to leave it out of the case and put in in a box.
Cabledawg1 is offline Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:24 AM
Joined Mar 2012
363 Posts
Do they give off the blue screen?
volumax is offline Find More Posts by volumax
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:21 AM
United States, CA, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
Joined Jan 2013
499 Posts
I just soldered both power and av in so I can flush Mount it in foam and not have to worry about it.

As far as blue screen goes I have yet to see one I think it has a black screen instead possibly but I could be wrong.
Disp0sablehero is offline Find More Posts by Disp0sablehero
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:19 PM
North Carolina
Joined Jul 2010
4 Posts
Got mine. It works great. Found the exact power plug on an old 8mm video cam and was able to get video by leaving the 3.5 mm jack 1/3 of the way out. Easy enough to make a video cable. Very pleased. Video cam was an old 8mm canon.
banjo_nc is offline Find More Posts by banjo_nc
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:10 PM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jan 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo_nc View Post
Got mine. It works great. Found the exact power plug on an old 8mm video cam and was able to get video by leaving the 3.5 mm jack 1/3 of the way out. Easy enough to make a video cable. Very pleased. Video cam was an old 8mm canon.
Received mine yesterday. Today found the right size pwr tip RS (273-335). Using a standard audio cable for video testing (1/3 way out) and it worked. Video was alot better than what was mentioned...I am extremely happy!

Now it's time to put everything together. Not sure if I am gonna mount the screen to a tx or put the entire ground system in case... What to do!
Skapr1 is online now Find More Posts by Skapr1
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:42 PM
S.R.V.
United States, FL, Melbourne Beach
Joined Nov 2012
34 Posts
This screen works great! Doesn't blue screen and quality is superb from what I can tell.
krytikul is offline Find More Posts by krytikul
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:11 PM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krytikul View Post
This screen works great! Doesn't blue screen and quality is superb from what I can tell.
So this goes to a snowey picture when signal is lost??

About to order one
subaru4wd is offline Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:06 PM
S.R.V.
United States, FL, Melbourne Beach
Joined Nov 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post

About to order one
Yeah it does, no blue screen.

Best deal for a monitor out there IMHO.
krytikul is offline Find More Posts by krytikul
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:51 PM
United States, CA, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
Joined Jan 2013
499 Posts
I'll vouch for no blue screen on mine great buy if you ask me the picture for the price ain't bad either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1 View Post

Heres a US seller
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post

About to order one
Disp0sablehero is offline Find More Posts by Disp0sablehero
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:51 PM
uts
5 buck chuck
Joined Mar 2012
17 Posts
this one stays black, but what's wrong with blue screen (with no input)?
uts is offline Find More Posts by uts