Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:49 PM
Joined May 2010
74 Posts
Discussion
Hobby Lobby

Anyone having any issues with Hobby Lobby? I sent my bushless in on 12/7 for repair. No action as of now. Hearing some rumbles re new ownership.

Jack
Jack McC is offline Find More Posts by Jack McC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:39 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,026 Posts
Have purchased from HL many times. No problems. However I have never had to send anything in for service.

Did you have a return auth to send that in or did you just box and send it?
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:57 PM
Fresno CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,738 Posts
While I've never " returned" anything to them, they have sent me " replacement parts", basically with "no questions asked"

I got the feeling that I was dealing with very fair and courteous people.

Because of the holidays are you sure they got your package? Have you tried calling them? They have a really great costumer service dept, who will return calls if a question can't be answered right then.

Another thing do the the severe weather last month a lot of mail is still being delayed

Blue Skies...........................Tim
RWCLOUD is offline Find More Posts by RWCLOUD
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:10 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,026 Posts
Hope you sent it with tracking. They may never have received it.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined May 2010
74 Posts
Sent USPS and delivered 12/7/2012. It is a very good Atlas motor which they no longer handle and still under warranty. Fellow who works on them only works 3 days a week and took time off around the holidays. I spoke to him late December and he was very cordial and apologized for the long wait time. Turns out the data logger from the ESC gave false info as they motor checkout perfectly. They motor was returned UPS next day. I was impressed. All is fine with Hobby Lobby and me.

Now to figure out the problem. Will send the ESC to Castleaire and go from there.

Thanks for the comments guys,

Jack
Jack McC is offline Find More Posts by Jack McC
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:37 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,642 Posts
I worked there for a few months after I got divorced. Kept me from slitting my wrists, but then I discovered employee discounts.. I sincerely apologize for any lack of kits in late 1994 and early 1995.. That was a fun job!
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72