Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:05 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
8 more paks today, this thing is soooo much fun, warbirds are angry been sitting in the car for over a week now, Acromaster headed for mothballs, K/E all day long. harriers learning fast, harrier landings sooooo easy, hooover oh well someday hopefully, waterfall - gettin better, flat spin yeah finally nailed it!!!.......
YES U CAN HOOOVER,,just keep TRYING ,,this baby wants to hover,,,even in winds,,after A LOT OF PRACTICE i can NOW hit SSWEET SPOT most of the time...several times today got plane to hang for about 15 to 20 sec with no inputs except throttle ,a little more a little less,even in a light wind..i was soo surprised as it floated sideways for about 50ft .I have confidence IN U that U will MASTER the GREAT WHITE and HOOOVERRR the out of IT rookie dale
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:47 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
YES U CAN HOOOVER,,just keep TRYING ,,this baby wants to hover,,,even in winds,,after A LOT OF PRACTICE i can NOW hit SSWEET SPOT most of the time...several times today got plane to hang for about 15 to 20 sec with no inputs except throttle ,a little more a little less,even in a light wind..i was soo surprised as it floated sideways for about 50ft .I have confidence IN U that U will MASTER the GREAT WHITE and HOOOVERRR the out of IT rookie dale
Thanks Dale, this thing is a hoot I am doing things I never dreamed of, Yes I am trying the HOOOOVER, i get about 5-10 seconds, which is 5-10 secs longer than I could do 2 weeks ago, I love flying this thing in a light breeze esp trying to HOOOVER or HARRRIER with the wind under the belly, YEAH IT WANTS TO HOOOVER!!!!!................ed
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:22 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geewow View Post
Nice plane! The $300 price point made me a bit hesitant at first but after flying it this past weekend, no buyers remorse!
Under an hour after unboxing and I was at the park in 15mph winds, handled it like a champ. Stock setup was trimmed perfectly. After 2 batts I heard a brief random screaching noise - prop adapter needed to be tightened on the stator.
A bit tough to get a sharp straight up and down knife edge and a little wingrock in the harrier (coulda been the puffy wind) but this thing is a blast. Able to fly in a small field and floats right down everytime.
DX7, everything on one switch, packing tape hinge on the battery cover, wider velcro strip in the battery tray, plastic protector on the base of the rudder.

Will be paying attention on results of different size props and perhaps some cheap HK servo replacements to have on hand as spares, I look forward to many more posts, I think they got a real winner.
Glad to have ya with me in the club George, tomorrow looks snowy but no wind so I think the birds will be going up! Come to work ready for flying!!!

You should have seen this jerk at RCHOVER today, he was helping a friend set up a new Visionaire and I saw first he had the LG on backwards, he's all defensive until I show him it should have a forward rake in the manual and he finally concedes, then he's helping him check control directions and I mention the goofy flights modes preprogrammed into the RX unit and the fact that you need to use the gear channel to switch between and he was a complete ignorant jerk about it, claimed that it wasn't needed, that he was using flight mode in the transmitter and it was a magical DX18 and that it was plenty of throws to 3D the plane yadda yadda yadda. I feel bad for the friend he was setting it up for. Ignorant fool. I just walked out the dude was so rude, so much for me trying to help LOL.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:35 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
U will MASTER the GREAT WHITE ...

And.... end.

The search for a nickname for this plane has now officially been concluded!

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
And.... end.

The search for a nickname for this plane has now officially been concluded!

THE GREEN MACHINE=== THE GREAT WHITE this is my first LARGE plane,,so as i fly it close to myself head high to go vertical all i see is the LARGE bottem of plane ,and since the WHITE stands out against the SKY so visible,,,,,,we now have THE GREAT WHITE.................
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:13 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts

[approves]
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post

[approves]
U RRR a funny guy----SCOOBY-NOOBY----LOL
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:51 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Here is my 5th flight on the visionaire! Watch in hd.

Parkzone VisionAire 5th Flight (4 min 4 sec)
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:36 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
Thank You! that was 4 minutes of my life well spent

err was that your knees knocking because it's so cold

cheers chuck

PS did i mention? "I Hate You Kids!"
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:40 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Thank You! that was 4 minutes of my life well spent

err was that your knees knocking because it's so cold

cheers chuck

PS did i mention? "I Hate You Kids!"
Haha! Thanks Chuck! And no, that was not my knees knocking. That was water dripping down the spouting!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:14 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
872 Posts
nice flight Zmonster, hope the sky will be blue here next time.
Did you fly with higher rates in 3D mode or are there still 70% D/R ?
-
Did anybody check the Turnigy 2200mAh packs ? How do you feel with it ?
I soldered my ESC yesterday and now I have XT60- the advice to remove the ESC out of the fuse was a good tip-otherwise it would be a hard challenge to solder into the fuse.
Will also mod my other clevis at rudder and aile with steel pins next time..weather is bad and therefore I will spend my time for recommended mods.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:27 PM
United States, CA, Phelan
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Well i could not help my self and had to toss one of these birds in my cart while i was looking at the HH site. Im addicted, thats three in less then 30 days
hdzrtflyer is offline Find More Posts by hdzrtflyer
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,732 Posts
Made the mistake of stopping by the big city hobby shop Sunday and there it was nudging up against my leg, just begging me to take it home. You can figure the rest of the story.
I can only guess on how it flies, but build was about like dump it out of the box and it falls together. Got to be the most solid, rigid, least flexing foam plane I have ever seen I believe. Seems to be built like a brick. Seems almost identical in size to my Carbon Z, yet flies on my 3cell 2200's like most others in the fleet. Should be easy to see for sure. Fit and finish was excellent - surprised it's called Parkzone instead of eflight. Did notice that the motor is actually labelled eflight.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:29 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
nice flight Zmonster, hope the sky will be blue here next time.
Did you fly with higher rates in 3D mode or are there still 70% D/R ?
-
Did anybody check the Turnigy 2200mAh packs ? How do you feel with it ?
I soldered my ESC yesterday and now I have XT60- the advice to remove the ESC out of the fuse was a good tip-otherwise it would be a hard challenge to solder into the fuse.
Will also mod my other clevis at rudder and aile with steel pins next time..weather is bad and therefore I will spend my time for recommended mods.
Ya it's a pretty easy job to remove the ESC and you can then solder with no risk to melting foam or doing a bad solder job because of limited access... Glad it worked out for you. Hoping to get this bird in the air again tomorrow as there is no wind forecast...but snow. Might just have to fly in the snow!

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:56 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,879 Posts
I hate you guys, I want one! Got 3 planes lined up to build including a balsa Reactor Bipe but I might just have to make em wait some more............

Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer