HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:36 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
I am trying to recalibrate the unit. As DJI showed it on their site, I turn on the TX put in the battery and connect it, it is in GPS mode. There are 3-4 green lights flashing and a yellow. Anyone knows what that means?

I tried to do the calibration by switching bw GPS and ATT but it does not seem to happen. I get a blinking yellow light. Any suggestions?
sampdoria is offline Find More Posts by sampdoria
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampdoria View Post
I am trying to recalibrate the unit. As DJI showed it on their site, I turn on the TX put in the battery and connect it, it is in GPS mode. There are 3-4 green lights flashing and a yellow. Anyone knows what that means?

I tried to do the calibration by switching bw GPS and ATT but it does not seem to happen. I get a blinking yellow light. Any suggestions?
I've had the same issue out of the box tried everything except opening it up and physically checking the connectors. All switches are working in the assistant theres just nothing on gps.

Has your GPS worked at all?
IanAstles is offline Find More Posts by IanAstles
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
Before I crashed yes it worked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanAstles View Post
I've had the same issue out of the box tried everything except opening it up and physically checking the connectors. All switches are working in the assistant theres just nothing on gps.

Has your GPS worked at all?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:50 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,572 Posts
Lurk /off

Saving up for a Phantom, but I'm beginning to think one of these might be handy too: http://www.loc8tor.com/uk/loc8tor-li...__store=ukview

Lurk /on
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:52 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,962 Posts
Quote:

To calibrate the GPS and compass you have to toggle the switch fast 10 times up and down. I forgot how the lights go but its in the manual. Its also the same process as the Naza M manual in case you could find info on how to do it. Also DJI posted a video on to calibrate it.
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
I tried it but it does not go to the constant yellow light after the 10 switches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
To calibrate the GPS and compass you have to toggle the switch fast 10 times up and down. I forgot how the lights go but its in the manual. Its also the same process as the Naza M manual in case you could find info on how to do it. Also DJI posted a video on to calibrate it.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:10 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,159 Posts
Colin, CEO DJI NA, did a great intro to the Phantom. I would start there. Watch all 5 videos. You do not have to get into Assistant to start flying. You do however, have to go there to activate the IOC controls. Download the Assistant and the drivers and install according to the instructions. If you have problems, here is a link that addresses the most common problems.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1600967

Remember to take the props off, then power the Tx, your Phantom and then plug the usb cable into your computer with assistant running. The first thing that you will get is a prompt to register your product and then Assistant will check for updates. If your version of the software matches the upgrade you are done.

If you are unfamiliar with tuning gains, setting up battery warning, etc. I would ignore those tabs. It appears that just connecting the Phantom to the Assistant activates the IOC. When I opened the tab it was turned on already.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:14 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,964 Posts
Prototype PhantoMount GoPro 1-Axis GoPro mount video

It has been rainy here all day so just shot a super short vid in the garage.
Hopefully I can get some better video Sun.
It has tilt and can tilt straight down but I forgot to tilt it when filming

Next week we will post pics of the 2-axis mount

Pics are here shown in G10 but final version will be Carbon Fiber

http://www.z06tony.com/Other/PhantoM...2377&k=c6nBqGg

Video:

Rc-Drones PhantoMount 1-Axis Stabilized FPV GoPro Camera Mount For The DJI Phantom Quad/Quadcopter (0 min 47 sec)
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
Thanks! I have watched the 5 videos several times, they are very helpful.

As for the IOC control, how can I tell from the assistant if my GPS is working correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Colin, CEO DJI NA, did a great intro to the Phantom. I would start there. Watch all 5 videos. You do not have to get into Assistant to start flying. You do however, have to go there to activate the IOC controls. Download the Assistant and the drivers and install according to the instructions. If you have problems, here is a link that addresses the most common problems.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1600967

Remember to take the props off, then power the Tx, your Phantom and then plug the usb cable into your computer with assistant running. The first thing that you will get is a prompt to register your product and then Assistant will check for updates. If your version of the software matches the upgrade you are done.

If you are unfamiliar with tuning gains, setting up battery warning, etc. I would ignore those tabs. It appears that just connecting the Phantom to the Assistant activates the IOC. When I opened the tab it was turned on already.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Before I crashed yes it worked...
Well mine has done exactly the same flash sequence as that from out of the box and after checking it in the assistant it seems either the compass or GPS is dead as nothing gets picked up at all. Im waiting on a call from the shop I got it from tomorrow so I will share what I find out as soon as I know. Thinking im just going to return mine.
IanAstles is offline Find More Posts by IanAstles
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
Can you explain this?: " You do however, have to go there to activate the IOC controls."

I have it right now as OFF. My understanding was that I should not use CL or HL.

Also I think something happened to my GPS because even in GPS mode it shows mode: ATTI. Anyone knows how to fix it?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:58 PM
Joined Jan 2013
68 Posts
OK guys had a little idea(put lightbulb here) nearly all other sport quads have there landing gear on the end of the arms, due to the way the phantom is set up quite high on its landing skids and the skids not extending to the length of the quad then its quite easy to topple on take off and landing (I've done it myself) so I'm thinking get something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIC-Racing...item3f20b028dd

and simply tie wrap it to the skids so that it extends the length of the skids to the same as the quad arms, could even be heated and bent to follow the direction of the arms, this i'm sure would help stop from toppling over, especially newbs, same idea as training undercarriage for heli's..

thoughts???
rudeboy78 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy78
Last edited by rudeboy78; Jan 12, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:08 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy78 View Post
OK guys had a little idea(put lightbulb here) nearly all other sport quads have there landing gear on the end of the arms, due to the way the phantom is set up quite high on its landing skids and the skids not extending to the length of the quad then its quite easy to topple on take off and landing (I've done it myself) so I'm thinking get something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIC-Racing...item3f20b028dd

and simply tie wrap it to the skids so that it extends the length of the skids to the same as the quad arms, could even be heated and bent to follow the direction of the arms, this i'm sure would help stop from toppling over, especially newbs, same idea as training undercarriage for heli's..

thoughts???
It would no doubt help. Aluminum tube or even small wooden dowel would work as well.

The Phantom skids are high and narrow to keep them out of camera view I suspect was the design decision.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:11 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Just set up my new Phantom. Only 3 blades turn with power most times I arm it. I can get all 4 blades to turn with power about 1 out of ten tries and it is always the same blade that turns slowly. When they do all come on, it works fine. Any ideas on what could cause this? Thanks for your help.
KirbyLewis is offline Find More Posts by KirbyLewis
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:16 PM
Joined Jan 2013
68 Posts
could be a lazy esc, try going into the assistant software and turning up the motor arming speed to between recommended and high then try again, if this doesnt work then return it as you have a dodgy esc or motor!!

in fact probably best to return it as it shouldnt really need adjusting being a RTF model
rudeboy78 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy78