HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
That looks pretty cool. I use telemetry on my DX8 but that is a much simpler set up that is a whole lot cheaper.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:34 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
help me everyone! can i use this battery alarm for a 6S battery safely? its going in a 900$ plane and i dont want to chance it if it isnt good. any suggestions for a BETTER one? not a monitor but an alarm that beeps at a low voltage.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...onitor_6S.html
I have used the 5S version of this a couple years ago and it did work. I set up my TX with a throttle activated time and checked voltage and charge amounts and dont use these devices any more.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:38 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,698 Posts
Big Foamy

3DHS 103 - pilot Joe Smith having some fun (8 min 26 sec)
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:49 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Thanks Jim, for reminding me that I suck. :P
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
Not a bad price, IMO. What are you doing for pick up? Is there a Cruise America near Knoxville. I don't think they have one in Louisville.
Yes, pickup in Knoxville. I'm towing my trailer down behind it, then my wife and the kids will likely come on down in her SUV later in the week. I can't wait.....Nall is so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Big Foamy...
Nice video for sure. I'm glad you guys were able to make it to TN. Thanks very much for coming.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:58 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Thanks Jim, for reminding me that I suck. :P
I agree. I love watching the vids but then I'm like ugh I need to go out and practice some more.
I'll share a video from earlier my wife shot. And apologies to Mr. Smith I borrowed a song I heard in one of your videos. Lol. It's just a great flying song.

3dhs 40inch EPP Edge (3 min 7 sec)
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I personally think its way better than the mCPx because it's only marginally smaller but it's so dang light that it's nearly impossible to break! The tail also holds no matter how hard you try to make it blow out. AND... You can dial down the pitch and rates for excellent indoor flying fun. I could fly the mCPx inside but I was always nervous became if I were to hit something there was gonna be damage. Not with this little guy.

And it's only $150 for the BNF and that comes with two 150mah batts. I bought three more and I'm good.
Is it the same 1S Connector on the end of the batts, like the mCPX Batts have?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:49 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Is it the same 1S Connector on the end of the batts, like the mCPX Batts have?
No. Different connector from the mCPx. Standard 1S connector.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:43 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,799 Posts
Good!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:29 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Looking into getting the 48" EPP extra for my first 3D plane... Any thoughts? I can fly really good on the sim (hovers, KE, harriers, minor rolling harriers. And yes, I know the sim is alot easier than real life) I can do most basic moves. I really want to learn 3D and I think this is a good first choice.
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:44 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Looking into getting the 48" EPP extra for my first 3D plane... Any thoughts? I can fly really good on the sim (hovers, KE, harriers, minor rolling harriers. And yes, I know the sim is alot easier than real life) I can do most basic moves. I really want to learn 3D and I think this is a good first choice.
Perfect choice.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:40 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Perfect choice.
yeah buy another firewall too. youll need it. plus maybe some spare SFG's they are kinda britle.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:12 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
help me everyone! can i use this battery alarm for a 6S battery safely? its going in a 900$ plane and i dont want to chance it if it isnt good. any suggestions for a BETTER one? not a monitor but an alarm that beeps at a low voltage.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...onitor_6S.html
This is really nice telemetry if you don't have it built into your tx. A guy at my field uses it. You just have to buy one screen/receiver and then put one transmitter in every plane that you want. Then just plug the balance lead of your battery into the transmitter. It's not too expensive.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._mAh_V3_0.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mp_Amp_V2.html
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:42 AM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
This is really nice telemetry if you don't have it built into your tx. A guy at my field uses it. You just have to buy one screen/receiver and then put one transmitter in every plane that you want. Then just plug the balance lead of your battery into the transmitter. It's not too expensive.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._mAh_V3_0.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mp_Amp_V2.html
I have had one of these in the past. Works pretty good. It's small but once it's on your transmitter, it seems big and bulky. I no long use it for 2 reason: I was constantly looking down at the screen. And 2nd, I know it has an alarm once it gets past a curtain voltage but you would have to be at low to mid throttle to get a good read out on the battery voltage. Because at full throttle the lipo push more volts and drops past the voltage alarm. So when the lipo was getting low but not to low to stop flying, the alarm would go off at full throttle. My advice would be, make 100% sure your batteries are fully charged, set your timer, and don't fly past the timer. You will have no issues with running your battery dead
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:06 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
I have had one of these in the past. Works pretty good. It's small but once it's on your transmitter, it seems big and bulky. I no long use it for 2 reason: I was constantly looking down at the screen. And 2nd, I know it has an alarm once it gets past a curtain voltage but you would have to be at low to mid throttle to get a good read out on the battery voltage. Because at full throttle the lipo push more volts and drops past the voltage alarm. So when the lipo was getting low but not to low to stop flying, the alarm would go off at full throttle. My advice would be, make 100% sure your batteries are fully charged, set your timer, and don't fly past the timer. You will have no issues with running your battery dead
Yeah, but that's the way all telemetry is. Lipo's voltage sags and causes the alarm to go off at a higher throttle setting.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight