HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
i have an old xieda pcb board with good gyro i will install it in the v911 pcb, i have a heat gun, i do a lot of graphic laptop chip repair, i will give it a go and let u know, thanks once again.
mohbello is offline Find More Posts by mohbello
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
Weili v911 ultimate transformation - Fly bar less.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzYyNTYyNzIw.html
mohbello is offline Find More Posts by mohbello
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:52 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
My Yellow v911 just came.
At first I thought i was being a baby about it taking over a month to arrive.

Am i justified in being disappointing that one of the blades was bent, along with the balance bar to the point that the heli vibrates.. luckily I had a spare set to put on it.

I am impressed that it fly much more smoothly and quietly than the old v911

but does banggood do anything about warped pieces in shipping?

* it looks like there is a little band or clip that connect the tail boom to the frame...i didnt get one of those
Good luck with trying to get BG to do something about the warped parts. I find BG's customer service to be Jackell & Hyde, on a couple of shipments that never showed up, they refunded right away; just recently I had a defective item sent (Helios 100), and it's like pulling teeth getting them to do anything. First they asked for a video, I did that, then they offered a full refund if I send it back out of my own pocket (they know as well as I the high shipping cost makes this an non-option), I proposed for them to send me parts that are possibly bad (transmitter & pcb), they balked and asked me to "go to local shop and check", which I gathered to mean to get additional prove/diagnosis to determine which parts are bad. And each correspondence is a day delayed (not their fault of course) due to difference in time zone, so that adds to the frustration. Paypal can't/won't do anything because its been over 45 days since I paid (another reason not to "pre-order" anything), so I'm out of any recourse that has any teeth. I'm just counting on them being reasonable enough to simply send me another pcb (since a forum member has kindly offered to give me his tx that he no longer needs).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:10 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Just received my V911 today...what a hoot. I have not really flown anything in two years and now that the Wee Man is getting a bit older, and showing interest in flying i decided to resurrect some of the old birds I have collecting dust in the basement. One of them is a Guru-Z which has minimal support these days so I figured I would use the V911 to limber up the fingers a bit so that I do not burn through my stock pile of parts. So I started off with a couple indoor flights and at first I was a bit all over the road but it started to come back to me pretty quickly. I then charged the batteries again and took her outside where there is pretty much zero breeze and started flying circuits and I am impressed. First off she already is flying smoother and the tail is not so "on/off". Pretty impressed with the FFF, she goes OK for being so small. I started flying more aggressively and I did get a couple strikes.....is the the blades or the flybar? It sounds like it is hitting the canopy but there are no marks. All in all I can tell this thing is going to get a lot of airtime....so fun.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:40 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJH View Post
Just received my V911 today...what a hoot. I have not really flown anything in two years and now that the Wee Man is getting a bit older, and showing interest in flying i decided to resurrect some of the old birds I have collecting dust in the basement. One of them is a Guru-Z which has minimal support these days so I figured I would use the V911 to limber up the fingers a bit so that I do not burn through my stock pile of parts. So I started off with a couple indoor flights and at first I was a bit all over the road but it started to come back to me pretty quickly. I then charged the batteries again and took her outside where there is pretty much zero breeze and started flying circuits and I am impressed. First off she already is flying smoother and the tail is not so "on/off". Pretty impressed with the FFF, she goes OK for being so small. I started flying more aggressively and I did get a couple strikes.....is the the blades or the flybar? It sounds like it is hitting the canopy but there are no marks. All in all I can tell this thing is going to get a lot of airtime....so fun.

Cheers,
Jim
Thats the infamous flybar strikes.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:19 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,071 Posts
@mohbello:
User KKDDMM did a bunch of v911 flybarless experiments.

Scroll down his blog:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=398394

Check out this blog post for instance:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1687249

He's Japanese, so his English isn't the best. Thus he's not able to participate in the capacity I am sure he'd like to. KKDDMM have done a bunch of good mods. he has a bunch of different helis. I only wish I could understand Japanese better.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:26 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,211 Posts
And I wish I have KKDDMM's budget for RC toys. Take a look at his blog for all the stuff he buys (seemingly on a whim).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:38 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
If you're in China, try Taobao.com. Else, it'll be the usual online shops like eBay, Aliexpress or Banggood.

Someone guessed it could be on sale in October.
Yeah I read on a Chinese forum that October is the possible date.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:50 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
There is a video of the new WL Toys CP. For some reason, I cannot get it to embed here.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ3MzU0NTQ4.html
Yes, I saw this the other day, amazing really... looking forward to them getting to market, if they are as tough & reliable as the v911 they will change the market in micro's again like the v911 did. great quality & low price cp would be incredible
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:29 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
I've been waiting over a month for my yellow V911, perhaps it should be called a Y911 as it's not a WL product.

As far as the WL CP flying, I wonder if the camera was held upside down.
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drones Banned at Yosemite
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:46 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,539 Posts
Landing skids break all the time?

Complete instructions (in Chinese): http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=575570
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Landing skids break all the time?

Complete instructions (in Chinese): http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=575570
I wonder WHY they dont mass produce THOSE and sell them ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:08 AM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I wonder WHY they dont mass produce THOSE and sell them ...
'Cause it's more expensive, and perhaps heavier.

I have yet to crack a single landing skid.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:18 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Doing funnels indoors are likely to break skids. Don't ask how I know.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:51 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
'Cause it's more expensive, and perhaps heavier.

come on!!! dont tell me that if you would produce a million landiong skids out of rather cheap wire, it would NOT be possible to sell these for less than a buck ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014