Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
Crash perfectionist
Xseeker's Avatar
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Mar 2012
487 Posts
Its been a while since ive posted here but.....lol.....

V400D02 is alive (0 min 46 sec)




P.S. One of these...is not like the other!!
Xseeker is offline Find More Posts by Xseeker
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:29 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xseeker View Post
Its been a while since ive posted here but.....lol.....

http://youtu.be/0gim8G9g_ks



P.S. One of these...is not like the other!!
hmmm, which one could it be.... lol

btw, i've crashed before flying while drunk, not the best idea but it sure seemed like it at the time, haha
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:33 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2k1 View Post
Ok so I adjusted the transmitter to the settings you guys recommended. Here are the issues I'm having. The heli won't lift up. Lefty goes left right goes right but when I want to go back the swashplate moves like it wants to go forward and vice versa. I think the issue lies on how I installed the servos and hoe the servo arms are suppose to look. Anyone able to show me detailed pics on how the servo arms should look would be great. The transmitter instantly bonded by the way so I guess that part wasn't a headache. Let me know if you guys want me to record another video showing you the movements it makes.
Sounds like kdean and the gang already set you straight with plenty of info on this tx, but a while ago I made a long and boring video going into detail about the 2801pro, so don't feel obligated to watch it, but if you still are confused about some of the settings maybe this will help

If you go to the youtube page I put a comment under the videos with the times of when i went over which topic, so if you just want to watch one specific topic that might help you bypass the rest.

Here is part one:

walkera 2801pro setup 1.MOV (17 min 54 sec)




And part two:

walkera 2801pro setup 2.MOV (22 min 2 sec)
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:52 AM
Registered User
vyper2k1's Avatar
United States, MA, Chelsea
Joined Jul 2012
81 Posts
Thanks!!! I should also be receiving the devo 8s today and i was thinking maybe i should use that transmitter instead since i already have the devo RX i can replace. Maybe that transmitter might be easier on the eyes of a newb lol. Only thing about that is i haven't been able to find any you tube videos for it.
vyper2k1 is online now Find More Posts by vyper2k1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:15 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2k1 View Post
Thanks!!! I should also be receiving the devo 8s today and i was thinking maybe i should use that transmitter instead since i already have the devo RX i can replace. Maybe that transmitter might be easier on the eyes of a newb lol. Only thing about that is i haven't been able to find any you tube videos for it.
If you use the Devo8s, just go to the Walkera web site and you can download the basic settings which you just import into your model. You will still have to setup the throttle hold as they did not do that.
http://www.walkera.com/en1/radio_sof...omainid=DEVO8S
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Sep 12, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2k1 View Post
Thanks!!! I should also be receiving the devo 8s today and i was thinking maybe i should use that transmitter instead since i already have the devo RX i can replace. Maybe that transmitter might be easier on the eyes of a newb lol. Only thing about that is i haven't been able to find any you tube videos for it.
well i don't have that tx so i can't help you there, lol but i surely like my 2801.

I do have the devo 7 though, and although there are some youtube videos i noticed a lot of people still get pretty frustrated with that one cause i don't think there is a comprehensive video on it aimed at beginners, and this is a low cost beginner tx.

I was going to make a vid a while ago and never got around to it because i was moving and everything, but the other day i started to actually finally make one but my camera battery died in the middle of the video... Maybe i should try again to make a vid for that tx cause it has it's quirks and is very tough for somebody just getting into the hobby, but it is packed full of settings for the price and does the job once you get use to it. I've heard the devo8 is a lot easier to understand though. Once you go through a handful of these tx's, it makes it easier to understand the others.

Let us know if you have any specific questions once you get further into the setup. For your front to back issue, did you check the elevator reverse setting? Just don't forget to triple check your gyro!
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:38 PM
Registered User
vyper2k1's Avatar
United States, MA, Chelsea
Joined Jul 2012
81 Posts
Lol just watched all your you tube videos about this heli. Very productive work day. Wish i had it here with me and could work on it LOL. One can only dream for such a cool job.
vyper2k1 is online now Find More Posts by vyper2k1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
need a flight !

But the stinking wind wont stop blowing ! well wind died and i got a full battery on the superblueV400 and half a battery on the V400 with upgraded servo,s Not sure witch one is more touchy but im leaning towards the V400 as the touchy winner !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Sep 13, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
I was able to get 5 flights with my superV today. It was a little windy for my taste, around 10-15mph, and it got dark real quick, so i could not get the practice time that i wanted. But i solved the 'touchy', 'overshoot' response of the cyclic by lowering the elev/aile extent pot about 10 min. When i first set it up, i was going for max throw, but all that extra extent was just getting in the way. I also lowered the head speed to keep the batteries and motor happy. Its still powerfull enough to do tic tocs, and does not sound so intimidating. What i'm really trying to do is to get the 400 to feel and fly more like the 600. Smooth and stable, not so quick and frisky.

Its now at 91 flights with no issues and no crashes. Im gunna play with my throttle range and see if i can get the tail esc to inialize automaticly, with out haveing to jump start the tail before every flight, and setting my throttle hold so that the tail motor still holds the heading.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:28 AM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I was able to get 5 flights with my superV today. It was a little windy for my taste, around 10-15mph, and it got dark real quick, so i could not get the practice time that i wanted. But i solved the 'touchy', 'overshoot' response of the cyclic by lowering the elev/aile extent pot about 10 min. When i first set it up, i was going for max throw, but all that extra extent was just getting in the way. I also lowered the head speed to keep the batteries and motor happy. Its still powerfull enough to do tic tocs, and does not sound so intimidating. What i'm really trying to do is to get the 400 to feel and fly more like the 600. Smooth and stable, not so quick and frisky.

Its now at 91 flights with no issues and no crashes. Im gunna play with my throttle range and see if i can get the tail esc to inialize automaticly, with out haveing to jump start the tail before every flight, and setting my throttle hold so that the tail motor still holds the heading.
Thankx for the update. Some good info there. By lowering the head speed do you change the pitch curve? More pitch at lower rpm. Let us know if you get the tail to initialize with the throttle setting.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:48 AM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Indoor Walkera

Opinion time..........
Thinking of getting a small indoor Heli
So which one would you guys recommend.
Genius CP or V120d02S ????
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:54 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Opinion time..........
Thinking of getting a small indoor Heli
So which one would you guys recommend.
Genius CP or V120d02S ????
Can't speak for the Genius, but I love my V120D02S. It flies just about like the V400 and is very stable in breeze. I only have the 3 axis, but the guys with the new 6 axis say it is even better.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:06 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Can't speak for the Genius, but I love my V120D02S. It flies just about like the V400 and is very stable in breeze. I only have the 3 axis, but the guys with the new 6 axis say it is even better.
Thanks BT, That's. Kinda the way I'm leaning. Found it for $179.00 free ship. Best price I can find. Now I just need to find the funds. Ha!
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:11 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
If you want "indoor" you might want to look at the mini cp. Its smaller but can also do some outside, low wind, flying.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
If you want "indoor" you might want to look at the mini cp. Its smaller but can also do some outside, low wind, flying.
I'll check it out tnankx.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another new Walkera (V400D02)? GetterDragun Micro Helis 130 Apr 01, 2013 09:23 AM
Discussion Alternative canopies for Walkera V200D02, V400D02 JumboA5 Mini Helis 2 Mar 18, 2011 04:29 AM
Question Transport devices for 2x Walkera V400D02 & 2x Walkera V200D02 JumboA5 Electric Heli Talk 2 Dec 13, 2010 08:22 AM
Discussion Walkera new 3D flybarless V400D02 Naev 3D Electric Heli Flying 2 Oct 31, 2010 08:50 PM