HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:58 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
perfect would be.....throttle lever off <all the way down> timer off...move the throttle like 1/16" timer starts...but where i have it will work ok for me..the setting is 25%...i tried like 10%...but if the radio was on the timer was going..so that will not work for me
It shouldn't be like that. I have mine at 10% and it works fine. Timer starts above 10% and stops below 10%.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:16 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
314 Posts
Just got home and checked my radio. Didn't realize there was 3 throttle options.
Throttle, throttle 1 time, throttle out.
Weed89 make sure u are on throttle. I set it at %10 and it works perfectly.
daft punk is offline Find More Posts by daft punk
Last edited by daft punk; Jan 12, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:50 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,231 Posts
That's cause you are using throttle out.

If he's using throttle (stick) then using 10% means the timer will start/stop at 10%
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:45 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daft punk View Post
Just got home and checked my radio. Didn't realize there was 3 throttle options.
Throttle, throttle 1 time, throttle out.
Weed89 make sure u are on throttle. I set it at %10 and it works perfectly.
Thanks all...It works perfect Very cool little option...this will perhaps extend my flight time too....as on some planes I get high..and just power off glide around
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:37 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Ok I see what your doing.Im not exactly sure if playing with the TCurve will give you a 2 stage ramp speed.Ill have to play with it some more and see.You are on the right track.

Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
That is right. I want to have the throttle on the trainer button operated as an on/off switch, but still have a delayed spool-up. What I want to achieve and the reason why is best described in this blog: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1664669

So if I disable the stick (thr->thr mix), assign the trainer button to a free channel and enable servo delay on it and mix it back to throttle channel, I would achieve the same as if I just put the esc wire in the free channel on the rx, right? But: if throttle curve settings are active with the throttle as slave channel I might be getting close to what I'm after. I'm thinking a second of delay along something like a 0-50-75-90-100 throttle curve.
Will the throttle curve settings be active in this scenario?
Well. Been trying to find a way to program this, but there are a few obstackles making it impossible:

1) When servo speed is adjusted (delayed) the servo input does NOT follow the throttle curve.
2) The delay set is identical in both directions and not adjustable separately. I want ramping with throttle on and immediate action when turning off again.
3) When flying high power applications like hotliners, the count down timer is essential. Typical you have 30 sec of motor-on time during a flight and you use that time to climb +/- 10 times during a single flight. The timer can be set to count-down on the throttle switch (as I have been using with start set to 10%). When I assign the trainer button to start the timer, I have to press two times (start and stop), which is not good for this application. I would like the count-down to run while I was pressing the button and to stop upon release.

@Andy: Any chance of adding a motor menu in future AirWare releases?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:48 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,367 Posts
Check out the DX18 sailplane features. They sound like what you want.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:56 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Check out the DX18 sailplane features. They sound like what you want.

Andy
I was afraid of that answer.
Was hoping to get my 8 to provide this rather basic function.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:01 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,367 Posts
That rather basic special class of glider function. The DX8 is not a sailplane radio by any stretch.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:04 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,260 Posts
LOL! I rest my case
If anyone has made a workaround, please let me know.....
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
321 Posts
Quote:
LOL! I rest my case
I've noticed firmware errors that affect DX8 functionality also. You can't be sure the DX18 doesn't have the same kind of problems as well.

What you could do instead, is to use a hardware solution. This web site has a servo recorder/player..

http://www.bpesolutions.com/rcequip.html

Unfortunately, those items are not inexpensive. Did you try using another channel for throttle control?
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:19 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
LOL! I rest my case
The DX8 was never and has never been promoted as a glider transmitter, if you had performed your due diligence you would have known that.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:12 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
hmmmmmmm the worlds most advanced 8 channel radio doesn't offer sailplane programming but the futaba 8fg super does? that doesn't make sense to me, or perhaps I'm just confused. for those of you that say well the 8fg is really 14 channels, well when it was 8 channels it still had glider programming, i personally don't fly gliders however I wouldn't be calling my dx8 the most advanced 8 channel radio in the world if it doesn't offer at least the same options as the competitors. I will tell you this, if it had just a little more software features (channel mapping and sailplane support) then it may just be worthy of that title. That being said, I do like my dx8 and it has been reliable.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:20 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
hmmmmmmm the worlds most advanced 8 channel radio doesn't offer sailplane programming but the futaba 8fg super does? that doesn't make sense to me, or perhaps I'm just confused.
It doesn't make sense to me either but they never hid the fact that it only has Air and Heli programming. Buyer reads the Specs and then makes his choice.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:04 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
That rather basic special class of glider function. The DX8 is not a sailplane radio by any stretch.

Andy
Here's mine. You mean its not a sailplane after all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glider_(sailplane)

Maybe you mean a 'full house' motor glider with E/R/A/F/S.
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:09 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,920 Posts
Quote:
I was afraid of that answer.
Was hoping to get my 8 to provide this rather basic function.
Could you put a servo slower on the throttle? They cost only a few bucks.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection