New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by bergenflier
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
383 Posts
Is there any reason I should not buy the Parkzone Ultra Micro Series ICON A5 with AS3X Technology BNF? Speak before Sunday 3/22 or forever hold your peace.
bergenflier is offline Find More Posts by bergenflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2015, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Unregistered User
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergenflier View Post
Is there any reason I should not buy the Parkzone Ultra Micro Series ICON A5 with AS3X Technology BNF? Speak before Sunday 3/22 or forever hold your peace.
How big of a space do you have to fly her? The Icon takes up a lot more room than the Sport Cub.
Eagle2Nitro is offline Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Youtube Channel
Old Mar 20, 2015, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
Extreme. Brushed power can't compare to brushless. Whereas your champ might find itself hitting 3 or 4 MPH at full throttle, the Pitts will be exceeding 20.

For an indoor space of 100ft by 100ft, you won't be able to have any fun with brushless planes like the Pitts, and the crashes from close- quarters confined flying will just get frustrating.

May I suggest the Sport Cub S or the AS3XTRA if you want full 3D indoors?
Quote:
Look back over the comments from the last time you asked... Pretty much covers everything.
Julezwatts is offline Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:34 PM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
How big of a space do you have to fly her? The Icon takes up a lot more room than the Sport Cub.
County park area.
I'm doing land flights.
And maybe the town Swim Club if I go for water flights.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:35 PM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
383 Posts
Quote:
Look back over the comments from the last time you asked... Pretty much covers everything.
old_coastie says it does not go that fast full throttle. Or does it?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
800 Posts
Quote:
old_coastie says it does not go that fast full throttle. Or does it?
From what I've seen it's not a speed demon- it's a scale plane, and that's what most people buy it for.
Julezwatts is offline Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Mar 20, 2015, 08:07 PM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
383 Posts
Quote:
From what I've seen it's not a speed demon- it's a scale plane, and that's what most people buy it for.
I'm buying it for the beautiful engine sound it makes when it takes off that's music to your ears, how beautiful it looks on a clear spring/summer day with calm or 3-5 mph winds, flying over a beach while on vacation, or taking off from a local pool, or simply just over a field in the afternoon. Also buying it for when I go up to Bar Harbor to watch the beautiful sunrises on the flat rocks of the beach, when it's really calm, and fly it out in a beautiful scene of Mid-August Bar Harbor sunrise. That's a once in a life time sight.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 06:49 AM
Find More Posts by old_coastie
"Some do, some don't"
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jul 2013
1,293 Posts
Go with your gut... If I only bought planes that were practical I wouldn't have many planes.

My vote is Do It... Make sure you wait for a really good day for maiden... And most important... Let us know how it goes... I know this is a big step for you but I think you have done your homework and are as ready as you are gonna be...

That's my vote..

Mark R.

old_coastie

As far as the speed goes, it will be capable of flying faster than anything you have flown so far, but you do not have to fly at full throttle, just don't slow down too much especially in the turns, You know the drill, get up to a safe altitude, spend first minute or two just getting it trimmed, then next is to practice a few landing runs but do them at a safe altitude, i.e. your not really landing, you are just seeing how the plane reacts when you slow it down like you were going to land, then take a couple more relaxed laps, or even a short full speed straight run, then put it all together and get it back on the ground and check how much you used out of the batt so you know where to set your timer.

Easy Peasy... Right
old_coastie is offline Find More Posts by old_coastie
Old Mar 21, 2015, 08:02 AM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie View Post
Go with your gut... If I only bought planes that were practical I wouldn't have many planes.

My vote is Do It... Make sure you wait for a really good day for maiden... And most important... Let us know how it goes... I know this is a big step for you but I think you have done your homework and are as ready as you are gonna be...

That's my vote..

Mark R.

old_coastie

As far as the speed goes, it will be capable of flying faster than anything you have flown so far, but you do not have to fly at full throttle, just don't slow down too much especially in the turns, You know the drill, get up to a safe altitude, spend first minute or two just getting it trimmed, then next is to practice a few landing runs but do them at a safe altitude, i.e. your not really landing, you are just seeing how the plane reacts when you slow it down like you were going to land, then take a couple more relaxed laps, or even a short full speed straight run, then put it all together and get it back on the ground and check how much you used out of the batt so you know where to set your timer.

Easy Peasy... Right
I never set a battery timer. Since this is a 2S, I assume I can stay in the air for 10 minutes.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by old_coastie
"Some do, some don't"
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jul 2013
1,293 Posts
Quote:
I never set a battery timer. Since this is a 2S, I assume I can stay in the air for 10 minutes.

What does the Icon thread say as far as flight time? I only have two planes that can go that long, but I don't have an Icon, go with time that others feel is safe for this plane and do use the Timer function on your TX,

Mark R.
old_coastie is offline Find More Posts by old_coastie
Old Mar 21, 2015, 09:23 AM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie View Post
What does the Icon thread say as far as flight time? I only have two planes that can go that long, but I don't have an Icon, go with time that others feel is safe for this plane and do use the Timer function on your TX,

Mark R.
Idk.
I dont have a timer function on my TX.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,954 Posts
Quote:
Idk.
I dont have a timer function on my TX.
you're going to be killing a lot of batteries without a timer. I used to use the alarm/timer app on my smartphone before i had a radio with a timer built in.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Unregistered User
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
1,694 Posts
Quote:
No way. With a 200mAh battery, about 5 minutes. More cells in the battery does NOT mean more flight time.
Eagle2Nitro is offline Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Youtube Channel