New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by fiery
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Joined Mar 2008
663 Posts
Cs

I have owned a couple of CS diesels, and handled a few more in addition.

The woes with my "OT Twin .30" can be told another day. Telly is not alone.

Shown below is a 2014 "Steve Webb Models" "VTE" .75. An iteration of the CS NAVO "Mills" .75. I have it to appraise for a friend. As received it was NIB. He did not know of any issues. Wisely he decided to have it "looked over" first. I have partially disassembled it.

First impression is that it is nicely finished. It looks good with its gold head (not shown below) and spinner nut. Clean inside and out. Anodising, machining finish, and fits are all of high standard.

However:

1. As received intake / exhaust ports are not properly aligned. They are not far out, just not perfect. It would certainly run as received. An intake hole in the cylinder wall is 1/4 blocked. I will heat the upper case and gently twist cylinder to correct. Not a big issue, but...

2. The engine has been turned over. There is a very shallow ‘feather gouge” on the rod where it has hit the case inner half way up the down stroke. Not critical. A gentle application of a Swiss file to remove 0,2 mm off the tip of the protruding 'hump' on the starboard side of the case will provide necessary clearance. I may fine emery cloth dress the gouge out.

3. Fore-aft shaft play is a little excessive. I can make a thin shim/thrust washer to place behind the prop driver to sort it.

Piston / liner fit feels nice. I can't comment on the contra-piston fit until I run it.
As received, overall it is close to being a good engine. But it is not.
fiery is offline Find More Posts by fiery
to remove ads between posts