HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
Spins With Gliders
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Aug 2005
1,822 Posts
Cool -- Glad you're getting in.

This site is a work in process, so if anybody comes up with some information they'd like to see contained therein, please let me know, and we'll see what we can do to get it included.

Thanks!
Dave
djensen is offline Find More Posts by djensen
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
But I am learning
USA, MD, Cumberland
Joined Apr 2008
1,047 Posts
It looks like Jim C. in the lower left picture with his Fr3aK.

Brian P.
I_Can't_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Can't_Fly
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:28 PM
Spins With Gliders
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Aug 2005
1,822 Posts
Indeed, that is Jim -- the picture was taken during last year's Blue Skies Over Colorado contest.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Sep 2004
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
I was just on the F3K USA web site and noticed that there were 52 pilots qualified for the last team selects. Wonder why there's fewer this cycle??? Are more of the upper tier pilots traveling more? There has to be as many or probabaly more qualifying contests this cycle than last.
Our push from the beginning has been for more pilots. There is still time. I would encourage everyone to get out there and qualify. I would suspect there will be more than 52 by Blue Skies Colorado (June 23,24th), witch is just before the cutoff. Almost like we had a plan or something.........
JOLOVINS is offline Find More Posts by JOLOVINS
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Feb 2007
730 Posts
I qualified this weekend and will do my best to make it out. BASS is also a ts event before the cut off.
austinhlg is online now Find More Posts by austinhlg
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
Spins With Gliders
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Aug 2005
1,822 Posts
I made a couple of the changes that were requested for the TS site, including an indicator of who's planning on coming. Send an e-mail to me (dave at integrity-inc dot com) stating your intent, and I'll get your status updated on the list.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
Spins With Gliders
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Aug 2005
1,822 Posts
List of Qualified Pilots has been updated! Includes information up through this past weekend.
Old May 06, 2012, 12:43 AM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,487 Posts
Big Time

If you want to get a glimpse at the clocks that we'll be using at the Team Selection contest, check them out on "The Bruce" thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1565321&page=7
Launch-1 is online now Find More Posts by Launch-1
Old May 07, 2012, 01:52 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
Do y'all really truly want to hold this event on a holiday weekend (Labor Day)??? It's going to cause some family conflicts with me, and I assume perhaps others as well. My attendance is now officially "iffy", that is if I want to preserve my happy marriage of 29 years, which I do...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old May 07, 2012, 02:03 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Do y'all really truly want to hold this event on a holiday weekend (Labor Day)??? It's going to cause some family conflicts with me, and I assume perhaps others as well. My attendance is now officially "iffy", that is if I want to preserve my happy marriage of 29 years, which I do...
Charlie is having the same problem
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old May 07, 2012, 02:07 PM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
USA, OH, Worthington
Joined May 2002
6,774 Posts
It will help some and hinder others. I'm not committing yet because I have a large customer who is planning an upgrade for that weekend. My job is busier on evenings, weekends, and holidays than it is M-F 8-5.
tom43004 is offline Find More Posts by tom43004
Old May 07, 2012, 04:04 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,508 Posts
I am sure it is a hard decision for the organizers to make. I feel I am in the minority when I cannot "cheat" and call in sick over a holiday... Sadly it was going to come to that but since there just happens to be a holiday that weekend, that option is also removed... I'll keep trying but the odds are very slim. The good news is that we have lots of other guys that can fly better than I can so I am not at all worried about the USA being well represented.

Charlie
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old May 07, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2004
808 Posts
Well we had to pick a date, and no matter what date you pick someone is going to be disappointed. I will say it was picked considering alot of factors including taking advantage of the 3 day weekend to keep vacation time to a minimum, weather, school schedules, volunteer availability, etc., etc. Colorado is beautiful that time of year. Maybe you could combine a family trip with the contest. We of course apologize to anyone who would let the contest date keep them from coming....
JOLOVINS is offline Find More Posts by JOLOVINS
Old May 07, 2012, 07:22 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
If it was just a 2-day event then I'd be OK. It's the holiday (Monday the 3rd) that's causing issues. When I first heard the dates for this contest and put it on my calendar I didn't realize it would be 3 days. I just recently noticed that. Oh well. Maybe I will just have to come fly the first 2, then bail. I won't be in the running either, so it doesn't really matter.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old May 07, 2012, 07:53 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
3,200 Posts
Mike, try to make it happen, Bro!

John
gopherhunter is offline Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member