HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
i just realized that hobbyking sell this with the name of FP100 for $28.99!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...de_2_RTF_.html

Yep add the shipping into that price , one of the many reasons i buy very very little from Hobby Joking anymore , ebay and many other stores are cheaper when you factor in shipping.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
"Lurker"
Alabama
Joined May 2007
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stifa View Post
Ummm , no churches in my 'hood (Jerusalem , Israel) and synagogues don't have gyms . I can try to sneak in to the brand new gym of the school next door , but they probably will kick me out in no time , and my daughter will probably go to this school in 2 years , so I should be careful
Didn't know, no location under your username. Sorry.
Mag718 is offline Find More Posts by Mag718
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:21 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I remember reading that the CNC upgrades are not recommended. V911 FF is good as long as it is at the High Rate mode. When you wish to end your FF or FFF you should not change stick movements abruptly. Plan ahead, slowly ease off your elevator stick.
I'm using turnigy 9x, i have 80% control with 20% expo, but sometime i do go all out 100% with 20% expo, thanks for the tips
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Yep add the shipping into that price , one of the many reasons i buy very very little from Hobby Joking anymore , ebay and many other stores are cheaper when you factor in shipping.
I just got the batteries for my big helicopter from Hobby King and even with the near $50 for EMS two 5000mah 6s packs cost less than one pack from here. And I got them 11 days after ordering.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Not here you wouldnt lol , i ordered 2BQY 2280mah 3 cell from ebay coming from Hong Kong and 2 similar 2200mah zippys from HK , the ebay sellers turned up 2 weeks ahead of hobbykings ( all items in stock ) the zippys died after 12 cycles the BQY are still running nearly 18 months later.
We all have our good and bad experiences with all sellers but Ebay is mostly a guy in a shed whereas HobbyKing are a real business with employees and i expect them to act as such , i dont take s**t from anyone and i dont accept Loong order times or b/s excuses and bad quality products i do however accept long postage times as it is out of the hands of the seller.

But as i said we all have good and bad , so far my only bad experiences have been with HK and i refuse to accept b/s excuses from AHand and his gobshi*e shills.

Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I learned helis on the 3-ch like the S107. Then went with the V911 in Mode 2. Yes, it takes some practice to get use to Mode 2, but once you do (and it won't take very long) you will like it. I still fly the slow S107 now and then, and I have no trouble going back and forth between 3-ch and 4-ch Mode 2.
This has been my experience as well. I did do a little "dumb thumbing" when I was initially learning mode 2 with my MCX2. However, that's gone away and I find that I can trivially switch from mode 2 to 3-channel mode 4. Just don't ask me to do 4-channel mode 4! THAT would royally screw me up!
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:04 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
I think if you look at Hobbyking's overall record they are doing pretty good, the thing is you rarely hear about the deal that go off without a hitch, but as soon as there is a hiccup people start complaining. I am not saying they shouldn't complain, just that the people that have nothing to complain about don't say anything.
Also from what I have read, you Zippy batteries must have been lemons, because while not a great battery most have been pretty reliable for their price. While searching for batteries for my 600 I looked at a lot of reviews and to be honest the BQY had twice as many failures as the Zippy batteries.

Now that I have everything to get my 600 in the air, I doubt that I will be buying cheap batteries again, because I am starting to save up for better rated batteries and a better Tx. If I look at the rest of my build a $60 Tx and $45 batteries just don't match up to the helicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Not here you wouldnt lol , i ordered 2BQY 2280mah 3 cell from ebay coming from Hong Kong and 2 similar 2200mah zippys from HK , the ebay sellers turned up 2 weeks ahead of hobbykings ( all items in stock ) the zippys died after 12 cycles the BQY are still running nearly 18 months later.
We all have our good and bad experiences with all sellers but Ebay is mostly a guy in a shed whereas HobbyKing are a real business with employees and i expect them to act as such , i dont take s**t from anyone and i dont accept Loong order times or b/s excuses and bad quality products i do however accept long postage times as it is out of the hands of the seller.

But as i said we all have good and bad , so far my only bad experiences have been with HK and i refuse to accept b/s excuses from AHand and his gobshi*e shills.

Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Horses for courses SG , i used to mod on one of the bigger UK retail/forums and to a degree you are right people do complain when there is a problem but they also post on the forums when the transaction is good, that is a real misconception if lots of people complain then there is a problem , and HK has a lot of complaints not just on here but on other forums but it makes no real difference people will put up with stuff just for the price , its been stated over and over on here so many times it becomes a chant.

The BQY ill definately beg to differ there are at least 100 maybe 2 in use at our club and for us they work well ( otherwise i wouldnt have mentioned them ) and the zippys ,who knows , plenty of bad reports about them plenty of good.

Like yourself i fly bigger helis too , in fact i started on 6 channel and worked my way down, most of my experience though comes from building as i used to build for 3 retailers mostly Align buts some other well known brands.

With that said others have slated the Nano techs for this heli , mine give enough power to last longer than the stock , like i said everybody has their experiences mine and many others have just been bad with that particular retailer.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Ahh but its the bad rants that get all the attention, if someone goes over the top about what good service they got from a company they get accused of being a shill

I accept the Zippy batteries and my 9X variant Tx for what they are, decent budget minded products. They aren't the best, but for the money they are a good value.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
I agree completely except and this is a big except , haveing been on and browsed these forums for a few years now this place has more than its fair share of shills , Banana hobby , Nitro planes , Hobby shop warehouse , Hobby King , its been proven many many many times that its ridiculous , in some instances you dont know whether you are actually talking to a real customer or a paid employee using one of many accounts , supposedly having more than one account is frowned upon and yet all those listed and many more have multiple accounts were they shill and "shout down" anybody who posts anything other than a glowing report. I caught on to the shilling pretty quickly after posters called me by name in PM and were quoting my personal emails to manufacturers......... it happens.

I will be the first to admit that there are true glowing reports just as there are bad ones , good products and faulty ones its just the nature of the hobby.

Anyway enough off topic lol back to the 911 ? i think its time to order another lol ive just done the swash spring mod on my new one.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Jun 2008
438 Posts
Tail boom size...!!!

Does anyone happen to know the length(mm) and square size(mm) of the v911 tail boom...??? Thanks in advance.......
N3SHXX is offline Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3SHXX View Post
Does anyone happen to know the length(mm) and square size(mm) of the v911 tail boom...??? Thanks in advance.......
Posred earlier

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8010

square CF Tail Booms:
V911 132mm x 2.00mm
Bravo SX 120mm x 1.70mm
9958: 110mm x 1.70mm
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:52 PM
Expert in indoor damage
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined May 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag718 View Post
Didn't know, no location under your username. Sorry.
No probs. I still can't find where can I edit my profile
stifa is offline Find More Posts by stifa
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:21 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stifa View Post
No probs. I still can't find where can I edit my profile
My RCgroups>Set Location
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:33 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskky View Post
My yellow one from Banggood arrived safe and sound.

Excellent packaging again from BG, she was snug as a bug in a foam box, in perfect condition

I wont go over the changes again but the canopy and landing skids are much more solid, dont know if this is good or bad in a crash, anyway time will tell. The antenna looks a bit fragile at the base, a drop of superglue fixes that up.

This one flew perfectly out of the box, no trim required at all, amazing stability, possibly even more stable than my last orange/black bnf. Flight characteristics excellent as always.

Put through 120mah's, 130's and the newer 145's, not a lot of difference between them but the 145's give them a bit more of a kick, not much but noticeable.

Don't know if they are a clone of the clone, dont care but Guys if you are after another BNF go the yellow one, highly recommended, a must have for the fleet

I am confused, did you receive a yellow 9958 or an orange V911?
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari