HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:54 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Whoops!
Use a Mask or Else!

Just a quick note. I was unaware that when sanding things that contain epoxy.. like a FFF laminated canopy, or when cutting Carbon Fiber Rods or spars, you should at least use one of those little paper masks over your nose and mouth. It's been reccommended to me that I perform these operations outside and with a mask or at least have a vaccuum hose nearby to catch the particles. As a result of my ignorance, I recently suffered through (what I thought was pneumonia) a small part of my lower left lung collapsed and became infected. It was no fun..
Further investigation revealed that the Carbon Fiber dust can be highly carcenogenic.. Crap!... So, I had to remove everything from the room I build in and totally vacuum, dust and mop everything top to bottom. Motor and prop tests tend to stir up whatever dust is in the room... so.. lots of work and no place to build.
However, I have been able to reorganize the build room into an assembly area, a soldering area and a sanding / finishing area. So it all turned out for the best.. But just a warning to anyone out there who was like me and did'nt know... Use a mask because you need your lungs...

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2008, 03:55 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
So what kinda mask are you wearing?
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram