Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:15 PM
Greece
Joined Feb 2010
15 Posts
New Product
Tx - tray Universal

Tx - tray Universal
Fits in most Txs.
For more accurate control of your sticks, for 3D or scale flight.
Ideal for gliders where flying time is longer, providing wrist rest to the pilot.
Handle for easy and safe transportation of your Tx.
Only for 30,00 plus post charge.

Tel. 6977655467
e-mail: phanislo@yahoo.gr
phanislo is offline Find More Posts by phanislo
Last edited by phanislo; Oct 22, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:27 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
I just got myself one of these. I've never used a tray before but fancied trying it out after some talk on RCG about them. After seeing the price of them and not knowing if I was going to like them or not I was considering trying to knock one up myself but after some searching around for ideas I came across Phanis's thread here. For the price I now thought it wasn't worth trying to buy all the necessary parts to make one myself and decided to contact Phanis. I'm very glad I did, Phanis couldn't have been more helpful, even going to the lengths of borrowing a DX8 from a friend a considerable distance away to check for sure that it fitted well and even sent me pictures of it in the tray.

I haven't flown with it yet but while I was waiting for it to arrive a got myself two straps for it, one a regular neck strap and the other an x type strap. First impressions are very good, I prefer the feel of it with the x type strap, it feels very solid and secure and with the straps going over the shoulder and around the chest there are no pressure points wearing on you on those long flights. I can see why a lot of glider guys fly with them.

The tray itself is very light, a lot lighter than I imagined it would be. The cuts on the perspex (I presume that's what it is) are very neat and clean, straight where they should be and smoothly radiused where they should be. It bolts together very easily and with the minimal adjustments available I can't imaging there would be many TX's that wouldn't fit in it. The hand rests align with the TX very well and using the pinch grip on the sticks, which I do, the side of your hand rests very comfortably on them while keeping the switches in easy reach. If your a thumb flyer it would still work well for you by leaving off the hand rests, there is enough space between the back of the TX and the tray for even the fattest of fingers.

I can imagine that after all the years not using a tray it will take a flight or two to decide whether it is for me or not but as I say first impressions are very good and I can already see the benefits. Looking forward to the chance to use it in anger now and thanks Phanis, you saved me some work there
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Last edited by Aviefly; Dec 05, 2012 at 03:54 PM.