HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:00 AM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,232 Posts
The motor spins clockwise. This generates a torque-roll of the plane counter clockwise to the left.
More or less every plane has this except the planes with 2 or 4 motors where one motor spins clockwise and the other one counter clockwise.
Solution is simple a few trim clicks on the right aileron till the plane flies straight.

Other reason could be a tourque at the wing itself from a crash or a fault at glueing it together, or a torque in one of the fins.
Solution is also a few clicks on ail trim to the right.
If this doesnt work, the torque in the wing is too much and you have to repair the wing or buy a new one.

Normally there is not so much weight difference that this is the reason for much torque rolling.
Tape a string to the middle of the nose and tail and level the plane like a scale moving the electrical components around..
Or as above, some clicks to the right aileron.

Also a reason could be that one servo doesnt center right when releasing the sticks. Then you have to replace the servo.

Just a few suggestions which i have in mind.
Hard to say what the reason is. Better you make a vid in midair and pics of your wing with the components and the elevons.
Maybe some of the expierienced pilots can better find out what the issue is with the pics and the vid.
SilbernerSurfer is online now Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Nov 23, 2014 at 07:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:33 PM
Total Newbie
United Kingdom, England, Loughborough
Joined Dec 2012
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer View Post
Try "DriveCalc" and you will see that you get more flight time with a smaller prop and higher rpm with your motor instead of a bigger prop.

If you want to install a 7' prop , trimm it and balance the prop till it fits between the fins. If you dont know how to do this, learn it.

I dont know how, i have never tried to cut off the tips of my props. But i think it cant be difficult. Ask uncle and aunt YT, they will help you.
Well,I only use 3S for convenience (12V surly) :P so I can't get the RPM up and I did manage to get a 7x5 by melting a foam, it doesn't seem to be too happy (screams like crazy) I din't notice much difference in flight time tho

I was wondering (and wanted some opinion)
I currently have:
A) 2822/14 Turnigy 1450 Kv Motor
B) CF2812 (1534kv) motor from HK
C) Turnigy L2210- 1650Kv (Bell type motor)
D) AX 2308N 1800kv Motor
And a Bunch of 6x4 and 7x5 props

Which combo here would give me the longest flight time at normal cruise speeds?
Thinking of trying some FPV and want to get decent flight times

The weight doesn't matter much as I will be putting in a 2200 midframe (so weight of motor is contrasted by the batt)

Any advice on which set-up to go for?

And yes, I did try eCalc and Drivecalc and I find it somewhat 'annoying' to use
jkishan16 is online now Find More Posts by jkishan16
Last edited by jkishan16; Nov 23, 2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 04:16 AM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,232 Posts
This is maybe a misunderstanding. What i want to say was that you get more flight time if you are using a smaller prop instead of a bigger one with your mounted motor.

For long flight times use an smaller not so powerfull motor like the stock motor or something similar.

But you will have also a lower performance. If you want to have a higher performance with an bigger motor you have to handle the lower flight time.

The smallest of your motors seems to be the FC 2812.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 06:21 AM
Total Newbie
United Kingdom, England, Loughborough
Joined Dec 2012
496 Posts
Woah :O
I just checked on ECalc and found that out :O
But then the thrust reduces as well

And I think the AX 1806 is the smallest motor I have around,but I can't seem to find it on E-Calc, thus the annoying-ness :P

P.S : I know wings are more efficient than 'normal air-frames' as the whole surface generates lift, so what kind of power/thrust would I need to keep the Wing-Wing in the air at a casual cruising speed? :S
jkishan16 is online now Find More Posts by jkishan16
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:49 AM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,232 Posts
For cruising you will need half or a little bit more then half thrust then the AUW of the plane. To go vertical with the plane you will need same thrust or more then the AUW of the plane. More thrust is better to get out of difficulty situations, but as you can see at DriveCalc more thrust and speed costs more battery time. You have to decide what is more necessary to you.

Turnigy 2211 and Hextronik 2211 are similar motors, both available at HK.
Some suggestions at the pics. DriveCalc is available in English too. DriveCalc is for free.

The stock Wing-Wing motor on 2s and GWS 5030 or 5043 is usable too for cruising around with long flight times. But it will not go unlimited vertical.

If you want to use the GWS6030 use the 6035 from HK instead. Think they are better, have more pitch and adapter rings.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...strSearch=6035
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Nov 24, 2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:59 AM
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,232 Posts
Found a AX 1806N at DriveCalc.

If it is the same or similar as yours go for it with GWS 5043 or 5030.

Or play around with the props at DriveCalc and choose the one you like most.