SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:09 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
795 Posts
screen

Hi Ernkie,the problem I have is the screen light's up but there is nothing written on it,ive tried the number's and nothing changes,any idea's please,thank's in advance,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:24 AM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Hi,

Did anybody did crash with the KK2 due to "saturated" ...

Mine just end up totally out of control ... and I was not even doing any hard manoeuvre ... once recover ... on the display was showing the saturated error ...
there is no error messages on the LCD.
Quote:
and motor was in beeping status (this help me to find my micro quad at least)

No failure on the quad at all .. luckily the quad did fall on a tree, and got no damage at all ... so just replug the battery and it was able to fly again perfectly ...

So .. to me it sound there is a bug in the KK2 ... in some situation go in overflow and the quad is going to sink like a brick ...
You may have encountered the settling with power problem.
Quote:
I can post an on board video of the crash ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Post the video.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:11 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
The shakes is feedback from the movement of the servos back to the KK2. Also common on tricopters. The new FW will improve this.

It has to be mounted parallel to the aircraft's roll/pitch/yaw axis.

Power it in any position.
Hello KK, so I could not use at all the board until you release the new FW........very bad news for me because I was waiting and working for a few month now for a AP platform......Can you give us an ETA for the new FW , please ?

PS in the flying wing mode, can I use only 2 channels for elevons or do I have to use the rudder conection also?
Also, I have to use the internal mixer for elevons or do I hae to use the TX mixer ?

Thanks,
serjuro is offline Find More Posts by serjuro
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Mar 2010
795 Posts
Hi Ralph,my KK2 controller has lost all the progames on the screen,it lights up but no menu,any idea's,please,your's,Marty.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:40 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
press Enter button (the first from the right)
serjuro is offline Find More Posts by serjuro
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Hi Ralph,my KK2 controller has lost all the progames on the screen,it lights up but no menu,any idea's,please,your's,Marty.
Seems like there's a few of us having this problem now. Perhaps there is a reliability issue with this board that is starting to show up. Three reports, and maybe more (I can't recall), I think, is a lot for this thread alone. There has to be other users who are not active on RCG who also have this issue.

I did crash my quad so I'm not all that upset about it, and plus it's not an expensive board. But man, my good old 5.5 blackboard survived much, MUCH worse crashes. It's to be expected, I guess, with the on board LCD, that the KK2 will not be as rugged as the previous KK versions. It does strike as being quite easy to break, though, but maybe I was just unlucky.

Anyways, KK suggested I test the voltage on some test pads on the board, but he did not say why, or what voltage I'm supposed to read. I tested and reported my findings in this thread. Still waiting for him to shed some light on this when he gets a chance.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:18 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Seems like there's a few of us having this problem now. Perhaps there is a reliability issue with this board that is starting to show up. Three reports, and maybe more (I can't recall), I think, is a lot for this thread alone. There has to be other users who are not active on RCG who also have this issue.

I did crash my quad so I'm not all that upset about it, and plus it's not an expensive board. But man, my good old 5.5 blackboard survived much, MUCH worse crashes. It's to be expected, I guess, with the on board LCD, that the KK2 will not be as rugged as the previous KK versions. It does strike as being quite easy to break, though, but maybe I was just unlucky.

Anyways, KK suggested I test the voltage on some test pads on the board, but he did not say why, or what voltage I'm supposed to read. I tested and reported my findings in this thread. Still waiting for him to shed some light on this when he gets a chance.

Best,
Chris
Post 1542
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Mar 2010
795 Posts
Quote:

Best,
Chris
Hi Chris,yes there is obviously a problem,will have to wait untill KK gets back to you,many thanks for your reply,also enjoy you articles on the 250,yours,Marty.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:39 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
738 Posts
Ok Im going to throw this on my Octo 100cm M2M, spinning 15x5.5's, 390kv on a 6S pack, any suggestions as to tuning as I dont want to slam it into the dirt!
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:49 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
there is no error messages on the LCD.

You may have encountered the settling with power problem.

Post the video.
Thanks for the reply.

I did already get this "error" message on display ... but that time I had a propeller that did flown away ... so it was not possible to stabilize the quad.

I don't recall the exact text ... but instead of armed, on the display was written xxxx saturated xxxxx ... to me it sound a error message that is programmed to show up in same special cases ...

It is definitely not a board reset ... I had also this case ... else the display should show the setting welcome page ... (SAFE ...)

My current setting is
Picth-Roll
P 100/75
I 40/20
Yaw
P 150/20
I 50/10

More or less is stock setting ... with auto-level on stick mode.

The quad is a micro PNF Turnigy from HK (I took out the stock KK, and I place the KK2)

I just try to shake the quad after a power up .. and I can't get any error message ... so to me it is not possible that I had a power issue on the fly ...

The video is from on board ... I will post in the evening

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: I did try to replicate the error .. shaking on my hand the quad ... and nothing ... I can't get the error ... even if the quad is pushed against his will

EDIT: Crash video uploaded:
Turnigy Integrated PCB Micro-Quad with KK2 board - The saturated Crash (1 min 11 sec)
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Last edited by e_lm_70; Jul 31, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Post 1542

Thanks, I missed that!

Quote:
Hi Chris,yes there is obviously a problem,will have to wait untill KK gets back to you,many thanks for your reply,also enjoy you articles on the 250,yours,Marty.
Hey Marty,

Turns out KK did reply to me in post #1542, as pointed by tech 69. Now to see if I can actually do these tests he recommends doing. That's techy stuff!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:40 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Got mine late but when I finally hooked it up it had the annoying feature of different spacing between the pins, why arent they 1/10" both ways? Would have been enough with two servo extension cables as most RC signalling use common gnd. Ok, worked anyway with split wire and some shrink tube. (and, of course, the futaba connector notch has to be cut to fit properly)
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Mar 2010
795 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I missed that!

Hey Marty,

Turns out KK did reply to me in post #1542, as pointed by tech 69. Now to see if I can actually do these tests he recommends doing. That's techy stuff!

Best,
Chris
Hi mine dose not look burned but my eye's aint the best,Marty.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:50 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris View Post
Got mine late but when I finally hooked it up it had the annoying feature of different spacing between the pins, why arent they 1/10" both ways? Would have been enough with two servo extension cables as most RC signalling use common gnd. Ok, worked anyway with split wire and some shrink tube. (and, of course, the futaba connector notch has to be cut to fit properly)
I agree - the same 'featue' was on some KK1 boards aswell.

Having them 0.1" would also have meant the pins would have been soldered in straight instead of all wonky
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Hi mine dose not look burned but my eye's aint the best,Marty.
Did you test the resistance? Man if you can't tell, then I'll definitely need a magnifying glass. My eyes are really bad up close. I can hardly read the date on my watch.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor