HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
Unregistered User
Australia, VIC, Knoxfield
Joined Oct 2008
1,632 Posts
Discussion
RC Flight Log Apps for the IPhone or Android

Has anybody tried any of the flight log apps for the iPhone, iPad or Android?
I have an iPhone and have tried RCLogbook by Clever Tangerine Software but found it to complicated.......at the moment I am using one called T3chDad RC Flight Log which I am finding adequate for my needs.....it took a bit to get my head around but it's not to bad......unfortunately it has just been updated to v3 and crashes ( how ironic) in certain sections at times......I have let the developer know and he is working out a fix.
I see that there are others called DG RC Pilot Logbook which is free and another called rcFlightbook which is about $7....I have not tried these but would be interested to hear if anybody has.

Are there any others that people have tried?
Sticky Mickey is offline Find More Posts by Sticky Mickey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:11 AM
I took 25yr Break, New Tech!
Australia, QLD, Parkinson
Joined Mar 2011
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Mickey View Post
Has anybody tried any of the flight log apps for the iPhone, iPad or Android?
I have an iPhone and have tried RCLogbook by Clever Tangerine Software but found it to complicated.......at the moment I am using one called T3chDad RC Flight Log which I am finding adequate for my needs.....it took a bit to get my head around but it's not to bad......unfortunately it has just been updated to v3 and crashes ( how ironic) in certain sections at times......I have let the developer know and he is working out a fix.
I see that there are others called DG RC Pilot Logbook which is free and another called rcFlightbook which is about $7....I have not tried these but would be interested to hear if anybody has.

Are there any others that people have tried?
+1 T3chDad also on Android, syncs backup with dropbox so I also have an up to date database on the Tablet.

I was originally using Flightlog on the iPhone, it is designed for real aircraft, but adapted well to models...
blackdog1 is offline Find More Posts by blackdog1
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:22 AM
Australia
Joined Oct 2000
1,223 Posts
Try the Apps "My Tracks" everything u need plus Google maps all for free.
Not design for RC but it is great for it. Download it.. Hop into your car ..start logging drive
around zig zag anyway u like climb hills stop logging ,look at the data and use Google earth
to play back..u will be impress. Data resolution is pretty good.

http://www.google.com/mobile/mytracks/
MartinL is offline Find More Posts by MartinL
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:32 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Rctools !!!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:22 PM
United States, WI, Muskego
Joined Sep 2012
849 Posts
I am using RCLogbook, mainly because it's the first decent one I found (after a less-than exhaustive search). I've got a dozen planes and three helis in there now.

I installed it after winter hit so all I've been able to log so far is a Blade mCX micro heli flown indoors. 14 flights and an hour of flight time, loggin each flight to get the hang of it and learn what it can do.

So far I'm impressed. There is a small learning curve, but I think working through it with the little heli has me set for Spring and plane flights.

I have it set up with specific battery packs for each plane. Before flight it give me a checklist of things to review (CoG, servos reversed, etc). You can use a count-up timer, but then you need to know when you want to stop flying. I go with the count-down timer and let the program tell me when to bring it down. I'm not sure yet, but I think it will remember your preferences for each model/battery combination, so if you switch between 1300 and 1500mAh packs it'll adjust your flight time. Don't quote me on this, all the batteries used on my mCX are 130mAh and I run them all at 4:15.

If you log the battery data after charging and after flight it's supposed to give you a chart of some type - I guess so you can determine if you want to fly longer on a pack? I don't log my 1S batteries so again I'm not 100% sure on that feature and the benefit.

After flight I set up a post-flight checklist (unplug battery, check for damage or lose screws, etc).

Overall I'm happy with the program and would purchase it again.
Joker 53150 is offline Find More Posts by Joker 53150
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:33 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Can someone explain what the logbooks are used for? (obviously logging data of some sort but what data?)
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:13 PM
United States, WI, Muskego
Joined Sep 2012
849 Posts
Here's a LINK to a more detailed "review" I put up at FliteTest.

Some people write down the details on all of their flights - flight times, batteries used, weather, what kind of beer they drank afterwards, etc. This is the "new-school" way of doing that. Is it required? No, but it's nice to know how much flight time you're getting out of a pack, what repairs are needed, etc. I'll be at work and think of something I need to do to a plane, so I get on the app and make a quick maintenance note. This is then displayed on my main model screen so I know what needs to be done and don't have to rely on my feeble brain to remember.
Joker 53150 is offline Find More Posts by Joker 53150
Old Sep 16, 2013, 08:50 AM
Brand Newbie
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Sep 2013
55 Posts
Just wanted to resurrect this thread to thank all involved. It was very useful for me.
ChappyEight is offline Find More Posts by ChappyEight
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:07 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,543 Posts
https://rcfluglog.com/ has a website and mobile app for logging flights.
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Last edited by kdahlhaus; Oct 19, 2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 07:50 AM
Joined Sep 2005
2 Posts
Try rcheli.club
Very simple x No. of flights at y club on z helicopter, none of that battery tracking malarkey.
It also creates a counter image that updates as you log. You can embed on a web page or forum signature.
richardv is online now Find More Posts by richardv
Old Oct 21, 2014, 07:13 AM
Polar Flyer
Joined Feb 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog1 View Post
+1 T3chDad also on Android, syncs backup with dropbox so I also have an up to date database on the Tablet.

I was originally using Flightlog on the iPhone, it is designed for real aircraft, but adapted well to models...
I have used anther app for my iPad it is called simply flight and be downloaded fro Apple apps store for free. Pretty basic program . From e2 software. It will let you tag flight photo to your flight. Have a look
ken stewart is offline Find More Posts by ken stewart