HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
53 Posts
Discussion
Successful First Flight

Thanks everyone for the great help given me over the past couple weeks and for the future!!!

I had gotten out and bought a Supercub LP from my local hobby store yesterday. Unfortuantly it got dark so i couldn't fly it. Today thought i got to fly it

Taking off was difficult for me the first couple times but once i got her in the air it was awesome!!! i loved it!!!

Now landing is a whole different ballgame. I always felt that the plane was coming in too fast but i guess time and practice will help with landing

NO DAMAGE!!!!! SO FAR......

Thanks everyone!!!
giantsfan is offline Find More Posts by giantsfan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:33 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,509 Posts
Welcome to a fun and addicting hobby!
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
53 Posts
hahah yes it is very addicting hahah

CORRECTION I HAVE noticed some damage to the plastic part on the front of the plane. I believe this is mainly due to when i land the plane juts forward and theres a huge U shaped craak on the underside of the plastic part
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:52 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,509 Posts
Is it this part?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:00 AM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,645 Posts
Not only welcome to the hobby, but also keep your wallet handy !!!!!!!!
tacx is online now Find More Posts by tacx
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:46 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,069 Posts
giantsfan, good job, you r off to a good start, lots of fun isn't it? You will get the feel for your landings a little better as you go.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
53 Posts
Thanks all I'm gonna go back out today to fly too haha

Road_Rascal yes thats the part!! haha thank you hopefully i can just put some duck tape on it for now and hopefully the local hobby store has some of them!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,509 Posts
You can tape it from the inside too. You can also beef them up a bit by using mesh drywall tape and a light coating of shoe-goo or thinned epoxy. But they're so cheap I wouldn't bother.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
53 Posts
2nd day flying and i got that urge to do Loops haha very successful but when trying to land once again the plane landed fine but hit a patch or got stuck in the grass flipped over and a small piece at the edge of the wing chipped haha damnn landings
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:52 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,069 Posts
You will beat that sob up while you are learning.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
53 Posts
well today was that day haha i was circling to land the plane but i forgot i was flying at a football field and i hit the goal posts -___- she came twirling down and broke e the tail part of the fuselage ohh well i got myself some CA glue and that spray and it stuck back together

Is there anything i can do about the wheels so i can land on grass?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
53 Posts
Ahhh damn fixed the plane when out to fly again and i crashed it worse this time
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,112 Posts
Sounds like me last summer

more time repairing than flying the SC but had a great winter ... more flying than fixing and now there is 6 planes in the hangar.

You'll get by all the fixing .... in time.

Yes there are wheel mods, check post #1 on the SC thread in this beginner forum.
immelguy is offline Find More Posts by immelguy
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:42 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Uhm, well, er, uh, find a place with fewer things to hit! Greatly increases the odds of a good flight.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Ahhh damn fixed the plane when out to fly again and i crashed it worse this time
Make sure you check everything over real good inbetweeen all flights, it's tricky enough learning without having to deal with unseen damage or incorrectly set control surfaces due to crash damage. Keep your landing gear adjusted so the plane is setting level also. hard landings will bend it up and leave your plane not setting wings level, which increases your odds of a bad take off. When I was learning I was so geeked I was forgetting to re-check everything and would miss something simple out of wack and this would lead to even more problems.