SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2014, 12:40 PM
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
883 Posts
F...in hell, this is a horrible thread.... i should stop to read , makes me feel uncomfortable..

I was happy with all my hotliners and pylons (2 or 4flap wing) with 4 cell 50-270maH Nimh/Nicad for almost 15 years, still have my first sanyo 270 to setup my RX and it works fine for almost 1,5hours.No single failior....
But everybody told me its oldfasioned and unsafe i have to go for 2lipos with regulator..
So i ordered 2 Castle SBEC for my teasers just 2 weeks before i read here that they are not reliable for even a small F5d sized Hotliner!!!????

I used cheap hobbyking servos for my F5d for almost 7years,couse they have been the only one to fit my wings, i think i have about 14 in use and sold a couple of wings with them, never had issues or heard about problems...

But people told me,its unsafe to run such fast planes with chinese stuff, so i built my last 2 wings for DES 428 althoug they are fat and need some ugly boxes to cover them.
I was used to built my F5B wings with Futaba 3150 for flaps and Hitec 81MG for aillerons,have some 8 years old wings with lots of flights, never spent a thought about it...
But ask about HS81 here and you will get in trouble...

I built 5 Teaser wings the last 3 month , all inmould equiped with DES 448/428 Atlas 09/095 cause i was told thats the way to go...
Now they seem to be not reliable!!???

So should i grind them out?????

Progress seem to take strange direction....
Yello
Mreyello is offline Find More Posts by Mreyello
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 01:11 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mreyello View Post
F...in hell, this is a horrible thread.... i should stop to read , makes me feel uncomfortable..

I was happy with all my hotliners and pylons (2 or 4flap wing) with 4 cell 50-270maH Nimh/Nicad for almost 15 years, still have my first sanyo 270 to setup my RX and it works fine for almost 1,5hours.No single failior....
But everybody told me its oldfasioned and unsafe i have to go for 2lipos with regulator..
So i ordered 2 Castle SBEC for my teasers just 2 weeks before i read here that they are not reliable for even a small F5d sized Hotliner!!!????

I used cheap hobbyking servos for my F5d for almost 7years,couse they have been the only one to fit my wings, i think i have about 14 in use and sold a couple of wings with them, never had issues or heard about problems...

But people told me,its unsafe to run such fast planes with chinese stuff, so i built my last 2 wings for DES 428 althoug they are fat and need some ugly boxes to cover them.
I was used to built my F5B wings with Futaba 3150 for flaps and Hitec 81MG for aillerons,have some 8 years old wings with lots of flights, never spent a thought about it...
But ask about HS81 here and you will get in trouble...

I built 5 Teaser wings the last 3 month , all inmould equiped with DES 448/428 Atlas 09/095 cause i was told thats the way to go...
Now they seem to be not reliable!!???

So should i grind them out?????

Progress seem to take strange direction....
Yello

Maybe you're right Yello, we've all been railroaded into believing we need to spend top dollar on equipment that is no better than some of the cheaper alternatives. Stick with what has served you well in the past.
feefo is offline Find More Posts by feefo
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:27 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,389 Posts
I have 6 planes I currently throw in the car every time I go out to fly, my "go to" planes.

Between those 6 planes there are 23 DS09s and 5 CCBEC's. Some are years old, some arent, They all fly good, much fun.

I have another 16 DS09/095s in the parts draw, and another CCBEC!, these will be going into the next high performances plane I build.

I sleep fine
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:36 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
I have 6 planes I currently throw in the car every time I go out to fly, my "go to" planes.

Between those 6 planes there are 23 DS09s and 5 CCBEC's. Some are years old, some arent, They all fly good, much fun.

I have another 16 DS09/095s in the parts draw, and another CCBEC!, these will be going into the next high performances plane I build.

I sleep fine
LUCK, play the lottery now
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:53 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,380 Posts
X-Plane build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
LUCK, play the lottery now

Nah.... I guess most of us feel like we're spinnin' the wheel of fortune every time we throw one of those precious moldies up in the air... There's always a chance something goes wrong and terra firma claims your bird. Servos, dumbthumbs, trees, UFOs..., whatever. Of course I don't want higher risk than necessary, but most models don't last eternally anyway. Either it crashes or the pilot makes another investment leaving it as a second choice.
I have to admit that most fun is had after the first repair - then you stop being so afraid of crashing anymore, and the turns get tighter, passes get lower and speed higher. At least for me
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Mar 07, 2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:47 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Oct 2013
791 Posts
Inohuh
hubcapsteve is online now Find More Posts by hubcapsteve
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:26 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsteve View Post
Inohuh

Si!
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2013
791 Posts
You know, after the first throw today, I forgot all about that xxxx! Had a blast today, between the mach nine Cuban 8s with the Swist and the quiet riot (Xplane), I think I'm gonna just shut the xxxx up and fly, I owe you guys some video, working in it, it's just hard to get the foam masters at my field to quit playing with their foam!!! BTW, IN SEARCH OF A GOOD WOMEN WITH GOOD EYES, NICE THIGHS, AND CAN HOLD A CAMERA STEADY, SEND PICTURE OF CAMERA........
Old Mar 07, 2014, 06:16 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,380 Posts
Steve!!! Just get a cap mount for your GoPro or Contour cam. Then all you have to do is to follow you model with your eyes, like you will be doing anyway.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 08:53 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,229 Posts

Just screw it on with 4X3mm
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Mar 07, 2014, 09:08 PM
Joined Oct 2013
791 Posts
I bought a Swist AND an Xplane this year, I'm broke! Rather find chick with some nice cameras
=-O
Old Mar 07, 2014, 09:12 PM
Joined Oct 2013
791 Posts
Hopefully don't have to spend any more money on servos!
Old Mar 07, 2014, 10:32 PM
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
515 Posts
Just look at Mr Yuri's hat... Even it looks like its CARBONFIBER!

I think he needs counseling.
Edhs is offline Find More Posts by Edhs
Last edited by Edhs; Mar 08, 2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 11:52 PM
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
515 Posts
My 2S pack arrived today to complete my 3S+2S Thunderpower 45C 1800 pack. Its tough to fit it in but inserting the 3S then the 2S pack works and the bay is FULL!

Yep that says:

17.1V @ 114A 1944W and 10906prop rpm(56,711 motor rpm)
Edhs is offline Find More Posts by Edhs
Old Mar 08, 2014, 12:29 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,389 Posts
Just get a hat like Yuri's, woman will flock to you while wearing it.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister