SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:41 PM
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Help!
Tips on how to feed water line back threw transom

Well I was being a good uncle and showing my nephew my lucas oil boat...well left the room for a min and came back and he pulled the water line thru the transom...and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it back thru...any tips thanks
Jwellmaker977 is offline Find More Posts by Jwellmaker977
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 08:10 PM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2006
979 Posts
Cut the end at a 45 degree angle, then you can catch the tip to pull it through. Or Make a new hole for a brass tube as a thru hull fitting and fill the old hole
cyberhoops is offline Find More Posts by cyberhoops
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:29 AM
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
If it is a really tight fit use a little Vaseline or silicone oil like shock oil on the silcone hose and feed it through
madracer is offline Find More Posts by madracer
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:03 AM
Joined Oct 2010
39 Posts
Here is one of my boats. Note the little "exhaust pipe" looking fittings on the transom on either side of the rudder. Very clean and effective. Also makes it easy to pill the hose off from the inside if needed and not have to go through threading it back through.
ScarabChris is offline Find More Posts by ScarabChris
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:19 PM
Tombsy
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2009
143 Posts
Feed a piece of fishing line thru, taper the end of the water line and tie it on, it should get you close enough to grap it with forceps.
But on my boats I replace them pretty quick with the epoxied in brass tubes or thru hull fittings already mentioned.
Pescador is offline Find More Posts by Pescador
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:11 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,907 Posts
The big pain you'll find is that you have to go through the hull twice. The inner tub and outer hull have a space between them.

Your best bet is to put a piece of brass tubing through, slide the line onto it and then push it through. That way you'll know for sure it's on the right path.

I would second the suggestion for putting a permanent hard line in place though. Some epoxy and a couple inches of brass tubing will be all you need.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons