HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:14 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,697 Posts
Question
How to make a choice between Foxtech Supreme & Lite & MkII Propeller

With the release of Foxtech Supreme lite series prepeller , there are three types of prop available in Foxtech .

I got an email recently before ,inquirying about the differnce between MKII (he just ordered )and Supreme lite .

So I list a table to make the comparison briefly

Conclusions:

1 .Supreme Serise have the best efficiency with the highest expensive. of course if you like the tailor-made protect bag , you still can choose this one .

2. Mk II can meet the daily use requirement with a special offer at this moment .

3. Supreme lite will be your best option if you think Supreme is too expensive and dissatisfy with the performance of MKII .

Related Video :
Supreme :
Supreme Prepeller New Package (3 min 16 sec)

Review by Rctestflight:
FoxTech Supreme Carbon Propellers (3 min 18 sec)

Supreme lite:
Foxtech Supreme Lite Propeller (2 min 28 sec)

Welcome to join discussion and review
glassfox is online now Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2014, 03:00 PM
ITALY
Joined Jul 2012
47 Posts
I have both the lite and supreme version. All are unbalanced! really disappointed with this product!
lece is offline Find More Posts by lece
Old May 07, 2014, 05:31 AM
Joined Jul 2010
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lece View Post
I have both the lite and supreme version. All are unbalanced! really disappointed with this product!
Did you install them directly to the motor or through propeller adapter?
Kira Nakazato is offline Find More Posts by Kira Nakazato
Old May 07, 2014, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2014
286 Posts
Quote:
How did you do this balance ? thanks
foxtechtech is online now Find More Posts by foxtechtech
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2014, 10:17 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
I have 3 sets of the 1355 lites and they were all fairly well balanced. One needed a light sand on one side. I chose to lightly sand the leading edge and that pulled it into balance. I used a small magnetic balancer and fitted the smallest brass shaft collet. Worked well. I did notice one had a very slight warp, but I think that was just from extended pressure in the packaging. Easy to fix, A minute in hot water and all good.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 16, 2014, 03:13 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
I have 3 sets of the 1355 lites and they were all fairly well balanced. One needed a light sand on one side. I chose to lightly sand the leading edge and that pulled it into balance. I used a small magnetic balancer and fitted the smallest brass shaft collet. Worked well. I did notice one had a very slight warp, but I think that was just from extended pressure in the packaging. Easy to fix, A minute in hot water and all good.

Mark
Thanks for your sharing Mark .
glassfox is online now Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old May 18, 2014, 09:04 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
I gave the quad a really good workout and must say the lites held up really well. I'm more than happy with them.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 31, 2014, 02:55 AM
United States, CA, Manhattan Beach
Joined Mar 2006
27 Posts
Quote:
I wouldn't mind them being unbalanced, if the four Supreme Lite 1055's I bought were unbalanced on the long axis.

But oh no. On mine, the center hole was off-center on the axis perpendicular to the long axis. And there's no way to attach enough weight, to such a small (4.07 mm) moment-arm, to compensate for the error.

As the saying goes, "You pays your money, and you takes your chances!"
markj99 is offline Find More Posts by markj99
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:47 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,072 Posts
I have bought many CF props from foxtech, all have been nice quality but VERY poor efficiency, maybe they would do better with a lighter load.

I want to try the supreme now but am weary to waste more money as I have a box full of CF props that never saw use.

I want to try the 15" or 16" in place of my APC 14" props that are very efficient but bend and shake under heavy load.

Can anyone comment on the efficiency difference between APC (which I run 10" 12" and 14" on all my machines because they are the most efficient) and the Supreme props?

Thanks!

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:03 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,072 Posts
no response?

How about an efficiency test comparing the 15" supreme to a APC 14"

If you can prove they are the same efficiency I am a buyer....

also I am really waiting for your 5010 motors and 18" supreme props to be in stock.. can you tell us when they may be in stock?

Steve
Old Jun 20, 2014, 03:09 AM
Joined Mar 2014
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
no response?

How about an efficiency test comparing the 15" supreme to a APC 14"

If you can prove they are the same efficiency I am a buyer....

also I am really waiting for your 5010 motors and 18" supreme props to be in stock.. can you tell us when they may be in stock?

Steve
Hi Steve

Sorry we have no APC propeller , just can find some data from goggle for you . http://www.apcprop.com/v/downloads/P...B/datalist.asp you can do a comparation with our surpem propeller .
5010 is already back stock now . (20th June ), 1861 will back at end of this month .
Site Sponsor
Last edited by foxtechtech; Jun 20, 2014 at 03:14 AM. Reason: add
Old Jun 20, 2014, 03:17 AM
Joined Mar 2014
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj99 View Post
I wouldn't mind them being unbalanced, if the four Supreme Lite 1055's I bought were unbalanced on the long axis.

But oh no. On mine, the center hole was off-center on the axis perpendicular to the long axis. And there's no way to attach enough weight, to such a small (4.07 mm) moment-arm, to compensate for the error.

As the saying goes, "You pays your money, and you takes your chances!"
Hi Markj99 ,

As the off-center issues , have you contact our customer service ? We would like to help you slove this problem .
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:31 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,072 Posts
seriously you don't have an APC prop to compare with?

it's a 5$ prop, data needs to be done at the same altitude with the same motor and same test equipment or it's not usefull.

I have received my 5010 motors from you.

I bought 7 of them, one of which has such a bad bearing I will not fly with it, two others have noisy bearings, overall the quality of the motors are good but the bearings are no good.

I would like it if you could supply me with the bearing sizes so I can find some good quality ones to replace them with.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtechtech View Post
Hi Steve

Sorry we have no APC propeller , just can find some data from goggle for you . http://www.apcprop.com/v/downloads/P...B/datalist.asp you can do a comparation with our surpem propeller .
5010 is already back stock now . (20th June ), 1861 will back at end of this month .
Last edited by saabguyspg; Jun 25, 2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:54 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,072 Posts
Update I have requested new bearings from fox tech and they are on their way here, thanks fox tech